NAP is dropping uaw status

Napredneck

From what we are hearing here in Norfolk in referance to the Deetroit free press article about the UAW not likeing the fact that they will lose money on the buyouts they have come to an agreement to give the UAW 6% of the check. We are slam fed up with the union down here because the UAW not giving us any info we need. We have had a mass exodous of members here at 919. Because this is a right to work state we can leave the union and still be represented and get the check and only pay the fed tax. :kissass:

I don't know how much of this is true but I have been hearing that there is a petition going around trying to get people to drop their membership. You would think that with people losing their jobs that the Gov/Union would go easy on the hit they would take on taxes and "dues"

Oh well such is life I guess :shrug:

First off,not everyone at NAP is a redneck, me included,lol. Seriously though,NapRed is right about our union,or lack thereof.It is disgusting how absent they have been during these trying times. When we started getting people from other plants here a few years ago,they all talked shit about the 919.I did my best to defend our reps. A few years ago ,our local was much stronger.But ever since Ford "gave" a certain official his job back,we have gone down hill. But now I clearly see what they all have been saying.

Im in body shop on nights,and our union man is absolutely worthless. I like him as a person,but he is the weakest rep I have ever had.You never see him unless he is riding by on a bike pretending he's on the radio handling something "hot". And thats maybe once a week if your lucky. But he sure has a great tan.

As far as our higher up reps,the only time we here from them is when they are crying in the local newspaper or on t.v. making us all look like ungraetful cry babies to the public. Kimmons is a MEDIA WHORE. From what I hear,they are gonna just broadcast any remaining union meetings on channel 10 news since thats the only time they say anything.

Right now the plant manager is putting out info/update letters at about an 10:1 ratio compared to our union officials. Every major announcement we have gotten,the local media has had a copy of the exact same thing either before us or at the same time. Its shameful. :cry:

p.s.-I hear that our reps are gonna use our union dues to take their families to Disney World so they can iron out some details on our buyouts. And wher the hell is my new folding chair with our newly elected officials names on it ? Man they are cheap now.

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

From what we are hearing here in Norfolk in referance to the Deetroit free press article about the UAW not likeing the fact that they will lose money on the buyouts they have come to an agreement to give the UAW 6% of the check. We are slam fed up with the union down here because the UAW not giving us any info we need. We have had a mass exodous of members here at 919. Because this is a right to work state we can leave the union and still be represented and get the check and only pay the fed tax. :kissass:

Yea, the Tommy Taliban is still spreading the lies about the UAW taking dues out of the buyouts and the so called mass exodus...........ITS ALL TOTAL BS, NOT TRUE. The UAW does take a dime out of ANY package and Only 8 people have withdrawn......... and guess what, its the usual suspects...........calvin, seal boy metzger (two ex-bargaining committeemen) and their friends. Tommy (ex chairman and defunct ESSP rep) tryed the same pide piper crap a couple of years ago and only managed 6 including himself and his son. I say who needed them anyway! The humor will come when all these people they have told this garbage to, finds out they were lied to. But I think most of the memebrship already knows this and this is why they are no longer in office. :cry:

If you drop your union status, can you transfer to a union plant? I don't know about the others, but Michigan is not a right to work state.

No you can't transfer! In Michigan as well as some other states, its a condition of employment. Folks need to be careful in who they jump off the bridge with, it might end up costing you a transfer or a job.

No you can't transfer! In Michigan as well as some other states, its a condition of employment. Folks need to be careful in who they jump off the bridge with, it might end up costing you a transfer or a job.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want bad mouth the UAW or want to withdraw. Every penny we make, every benefit we have, including sub pay and the guaranteed 40 hour week and all the buyout packages are all negotiated for the membership by the UAW. What are they thinking? It will be funny to see these people scrambling to try to get back in so they can transfer, if packages come quick.......it may me too late. I have also been told that non-members take monetary buyouts at a reduced percentage. So yea Bobby, be careful who you jump with..........it could cost you more than you thought.

When you do see the Union guys, Doug, Chris, Cowboy, Jack, Les or any for that matter, they don't know anything or they got a meeting and after that they might know something! So the hell with it, I'll just wait on Joe to put out a update!

The same company that's putting you and everyone else out of a job...........you're siding with? Maybe you should change your handle to Big Dummy!

Why would Ford buy out guys that dont have a union contract? If you drop union status you are now just a regular dude who can be let go just like the rest of the world. The UAW is the reason they have to buy us out.

Go ahead and drop status and see what you get.

Why would Ford buy out guys that dont have a union contract? If you drop union status you are now just a regular dude who can be let go just like the rest of the world. The UAW is the reason they have to buy us out.

Go ahead and drop status and see what you get.

UAW fighting to get rid of buyouts

You have nothing to lose by resigning from the UAW if that is what you want to do. It is a personal choice.

Equal and fair treatment must be given to all hourly workers - Non-union or union. No special treatment for either one.

Transfers MUST be done according to Seniority only, NO favoritism by Ford or the UAW officials. Ford is not allowed to do special favors for the UAW family members or friends. It must be by seniority.

Ford would be in violation of federal law if they allowed a low seniority hourly union member to transfer over a higher seniority hourly union or NON-union hourly worker.

This would be an “Unfair Labor Practice†call the NLRB if this happens for more information.

If a NON-union hourly worker transfers to a plant that is NOT in a “right-to-work†state the hourly worker will then be able to re-join the UAW. Those UAW union officials may harass you but if they harass you openly and Ford does not stop the harassment then you can file charges against Ford and the UAW because based on a “Hostile Work Environmentâ€. Again call the NLRB if this happens for details.

The union officials will most likely do there harassing anonymously as what is happening at Norfolk.

AGAIN, Ford CANNOT show favoritism to hourly union members and CANNOT show favoritism to hourly NON-union members as a favor to the UAW.

UAW fighting to get rid of buyouts

You have nothing to lose by resigning from the UAW if that is what you want to do. It is a personal choice.

Equal and fair treatment must be given to all hourly workers - Non-union or union. No special treatment for either one.

Transfers MUST be done according to Seniority only, NO favoritism by Ford or the UAW officials. Ford is not allowed to do special favors for the UAW family members or friends. It must be by seniority.

Ford would be in violation of federal law if they allowed a low seniority hourly union member to transfer over a higher seniority hourly union or NON-union hourly worker.

This would be an “Unfair Labor Practice†call the NLRB if this happens for more information.

If a NON-union hourly worker transfers to a plant that is NOT in a “right-to-work†state the hourly worker will then be able to re-join the UAW. Those UAW union officials may harass you but if they harass you openly and Ford does not stop the harassment then you can file charges against Ford and the UAW because based on a “Hostile Work Environmentâ€. Again call the NLRB if this happens for details.

The union officials will most likely do there harassing anonymously as what is happening at Norfolk.

AGAIN, Ford CANNOT show favoritism to hourly union members and CANNOT show favoritism to hourly NON-union members as a favor to the UAW.

Ford has the right to fire whoever they see fit! People get fired with more time at other at jobs all over so why would Ford be held to a different standard? If your not in the union your not guarenteed anything. Missouri is not a right to work state so dont plan on transfering to kcap either!

When you do see the Union guys, Doug, Chris, Cowboy, Jack, Les or any for that matter, they don't know anything or they got a meeting and after that they might know something! So the hell with it, I'll just wait on Joe to put out a update!

Is that their names?

If you drop your union status, can you transfer to a union plant? I don't know about the others, but Michigan is not a right to work state.

we don't don't work for the UAW....we work for Ford Motor Company...and if my memory serves me correctly they still own those plant in Michigan...right?

Yea, the Tommy Taliban is still spreading the lies about the UAW taking dues out of the buyouts and the so called mass exodus...........ITS ALL TOTAL BS, NOT TRUE. The UAW does take a dime out of ANY package and Only 8 people have withdrawn......... and guess what, its the usual suspects...........calvin, seal boy metzger (two ex-bargaining committeemen) and their friends. Tommy (ex chairman and defunct ESSP rep) tryed the same pide piper crap a couple of years ago and only managed 6 including himself and his son. I say who needed them anyway! The humor will come when all these people they have told this garbage to, finds out they were lied to. But I think most of the memebrship already knows this and this is why they are no longer in office. :cry:

there are a lot more than 6 hourly people in this plant that don't not belong to the union...better check your source.

u worrying about transfers? that implies the co. is adding jobs SOMEWHERE

Ain't no new jobs being added

I'd cut out, UAW ain't listining to 919 MEMBERS anyway, leadership already locked up their transfers to Solidarity house, and regional

the gist of the story from DET news was

UAW opposes buyouts: WANTS JOBS REPLACED even if at LOWER wages

Hmm? that leadership is worth $50 a month to you?

holding up your buy out check for the vistoen settlement?

to each thier own

Everybody just needs to RELAX !

We will hear the details around the time the FOMOCO

Board of Directors meets on 9 / 13 - 14.

They just had a big segment on CNBC talking about this very thing.

Announcements are coming within 3 weeks or sooner if the press

gets hold of the details.

There are some brilliant people on the board.

Robert E. Rubin the former US Sec. of the Treasury, and investment

banker among others.

Im sure he is telling Jr. to get off his ass and "git er done".

FOMOCO KNOWS they can't drag their feet anymore.

Just hang in there folks....we have waited this long, what's another 3 weeks ?

Now is NOT the time to make some "knee-jerk" reaction and rash decisions

in response to alot of batshit being circulated around NAP right now !

Hang in the guys...in 3 weeks we will have our answer and

hopefully some very welcome news for those of us who are looking for the buyouts !

CUT THAT CHECK !!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

u worrying about transfers? that implies the co. is adding jobs SOMEWHERE

Ain't no new jobs being added

I'd cut out, UAW ain't listining to 919 MEMBERS anyway, leadership already locked up their transfers to Solidarity house, and regional

the gist of the story from DET news was

UAW opposes buyouts: WANTS JOBS REPLACED even if at LOWER wages

Hmm? that leadership is worth $50 a month to you?

holding up your buy out check for the vistoen settlement?

to each thier own

I have not and probably will not be offered a transfer. Also I do not want to transfer therefore there is NO BENEFIT in being a UAW member at Norfollk.

If Ford offers me $30,000.00 buyout why should I give the local union $900.00.?

If Ford offers me $100,000.00 buyout why should I give the local union $3,000.00?

I am not going to take the chance that the UAW will take my money because I know I will not get it back.

The UAW is in a panic because Ford is offering us money to lose our jobs which means the UAW will have less people to collect union dues from. Well too bad I am out now. I do not have to be concerned if they take a share of money from a buyout.

Is this a... FACT... that u.a.w. gets a cut? The reason is, I thought I remembered this being brought up before several months ago and some of the people that took buyouts said that the union did NOT get a cut. So if there is any of you guys still out there that took a buyout that still reads this B.S. and could shed some light on this subject please do so. Thank you

They haven't been taking a percentage in the past. But from what I am hearing is that 919 has made a deal to get 6% of our buyout which will go to the international. With the way things are I wouldn’t doubt it. Word from Big D*!k is that over 100 have dropped.

They haven't been taking a percentage in the past. But from what I am hearing is that 919 has made a deal to get 6% of our buyout which will go to the international. With the way things are I wouldn’t doubt it. Word from Big D*!k is that over 100 have dropped.

I hope you not talking about the Big D, that I think your talking about :hysterical: Not clean up Big D? :hysterical:

Funny. One of my closest friends took the buyout last month. The union did not take any money out of it. Maybe he was the only one. :kuko:

Thanks for the reply, I think it's just a last stab to stir things up.

Are you that much of dumb friggin' redneck to believe that BS. If people are already getting buyouts with no dues being deducted, then why the hell would a single Local negotiate to take 6% from theirs.

I heard Norfolk will stay open til 2012 (not). If you believe everything you hear then you should hear this.

STFU :finger: