2015 Focus Review.

Does anyone know what type of repair costs a consumer might face once these cars are past their warranty peri

For my 2011 Fiesta I got a Feb 2015 letter from Ford announcing Customer Satisfaction Program 14M02 which says they are extending the warranty the warranty coverage on the TCM has been extednded to 10 years/150,000 miles. And in August 2014 they announced program 14M01 that extended the coverate on the clutch, transmission, shaft seals and transmission software calibration to 7 years or 100,000 miles.

CVT ≠ slushbox

No, but if the car doesn't behave the same way as the slushbox, people think there is something wrong with it. So most of the makers have programmed them to act and feel like a slushbox.

But I think Ford is either going to stick the updated 9 speed in, or switch to the European wet clutch model. They need something that can handle the torque of the EB engines. That dry clutch can't do it. I don't think most of the CVT's will either until you move up to a heavier model. By that point, you might as well use the 9 speed slushbox or the wet DCT.