MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

And then come to find out Dearborn hired a bunch of LTS to entry level last week knowing full well that there are people here that should have been placed first.

One thing you will learn, every local will take care of their members first.

MAP would have done the same thing in this situation!

It's a cutthroat business!

Why is the company surveying to see who wants to work the week of june 22nd (first wek of vacation shut down)? I heard that they want to run production. So, the day after c-crew gets cut, the company need cars? Why was June 22nd scheduled as a shut down to begin with? I heard that there was a 90 day supply for the Focus.

Edited by Pinto'77
  • Like 1

Why is the company surveying to see who wants to work the week of june 22nd (first wek of vacation shut down)? I heard that they want to run production. So, the day after c-crew gets cut, the company need cars? Why was June 22nd scheduled as a shut down to begin with? I heard that there was a 90 day supply for the Focus.

VERY GOOD QUESTION....

They still need cars they cutting a shift to avoid all the downtime.

Don't be surprised if you hear of the 2 shifts working some OT also.

It's all about a daily number.

They still need cars they cutting a shift to avoid all the downtime.

Don't be surprised if you hear of the 2 shifts working some OT also.

It's all about a daily number.

Their cutting the shift due to poor attendance it has nothing to do with slumping focus sales, its their way of getting rid of the shitty workers unfortunately there's going to be some good workers getting laid off too.

Their cutting the shift due to poor attendance it has nothing to do with slumping focus sales, its their way of getting rid of the shitty workers unfortunately there's going to be some good workers getting laid off too.

You're fooling yourself if you think sales have nothing to do with it. It's not the one reason like they said in the paper, but it's definitely a factor

We weren't laid off 8 weeks last year due to attendance, it was due to the declining sales and high inventory levels.

Edited by Pinto'77
  • Like 1

You have got to be kidding me that you think Ford is cutting a shift due to attendance, ford is in business to sell cars, they can replace employees! You should keep with monthly sales numbers then you could see the true reason

• Like 1

I just said this last night, people seem to think we will lose a shift and only work 40 hours. They can get almost the same amount of cars by working 5 10s and Saturdays on 2 shifts. I hope they find a place for those that come in and work everyday, the others should be told that they aren't being called back and why.

You have got to be kidding me that you think Ford is cutting a shift due to attendance, ford is in business to sell cars, they can replace employees! You

should keep with monthly sales numbers then you could see the true reason

If slumping focus sales is the reason then why did they canvas people to work the week of June 22. Why would u add to your already over stocked inventory Of cars that supposedly aren't selling??

If slumping focus sales is the reason then why did they canvas people to work the week of June 22. Why would u add to your already over stocked inventory Of cars that supposedly aren't selling??

It's all about a number!

You will learn oneday how things work and your not gonna like it but it's the Ford way!

I find it strange the company won't sit down with the union to discuss the shift reduction!

If the people you are paying to represent you can't even get the company to talk to them then why are we paying union dues, how can the union represent you if they can't even get the company to explain the details.

• Like 1

It's all about a number!

You will learn oneday how things work and your not gonna like it but it's the Ford way!

A number exactly!! If indeed focus sales were slumping like their claiming they would welcome a down week to further reduce their already over stocked inventory NOT go around and ask people to work that week which would add to the amount of over stock..

A number exactly!! If indeed focus sales were slumping like their claiming they would welcome a down week to further reduce their already over stocked inventory NOT go around and ask people to work that week which would add to the amount of over stock..

You don't have 10 weeks of layoffs in the past 16 months due to attendance, it's due to sales declining. Wayne Assembly never operated 3 shifts before the operation was moved to MAP. The demand for the Focus is not there.

Edited by Pinto'77

You don't have 10 weeks of layoffs in the past 16 months due to attendance, it's due to sales declining. Wayne Assembly was never operated 3 shifts before the operation was moved to MAP. The demand for the Focus is not there.

Which is why rumor is our chairman didn't even want to bring in a 3rd shift.