MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

I understand that, but with everything going on, why cancel it outright? Why not postpone it a week?

What is a week gonna matter, C crew is being laid off, you will receive papers telling you your last day that you will sign and then you just sit at home and wait to hear something.

You don't understand they have no info other than what I just told you!

I would suggest you look for work elsewhere cause this shit tears your nerves up!

What about stuff like insurance? I'm getting married in 3 weeks and need to know what's happening with that so I know if I need to tap into the not so affordable care act or what. I'm not the only one

You will need to add your spouse ASAP after getting married. It's been 15 years for me, but if I'm not mistaken, after you're married and add your wife to your policy, she'll be added on the first day of the following month. So: if you're married in May and ADD HER in May, I believe her insurance will take effect June 1. If you don't contact NESC until June, she would be added July 1, but you would already be laid off at that point so I don't know that they would add her to the policy. Like Fatso said, you need to talk to your "mitty-man", and do it right away. The length of time that they'll provide coverage is based on your years of seniority, but it's no longer than 24 months.

Heh. The wedding is the 24th, and then we leave town and don't come back until the 30th. The first business day when we come back is June 1st

I would love to talk to my committeeman, but he was on vacation last week

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Any new news from the union on what plants those being laid off from MAP will go??

When is the layoff supposed to happen?? Van Dyke is laying off 40 people on Monday. They're all going to Sterling. I'm not positive but I heard they will still need a lot more.

When is the layoff supposed to happen?? Van Dyke is laying off 40 people on Monday. They're all going to Sterling. I'm not positive but I heard they will still need a lot more.

Unofficially, June 22. It doesn't officially start until after shutdown in July 6th

MAP is getting new product in several years so hang in there

Heard the same thing but don't know what it'll be and how true it is. Once those tier 2 are laid off from MAP and sent to other plants I don't think they have any rights to return back.

Heard the same thing but don't know what it'll be and how true it is. Once those tier 2 are laid off from MAP and sent to other plants I don't think they have any rights to return back.

I haven't been able to find anything in the contract stating one way or the other. My interpretation is that this whole "home plant" thing doesn't apply to us entry-level, that they can send us wherever they need us. Kinda like permanent supplemental workers.

Ford decides they don't need that many cars and eliminates a shift then wants all those they are laying off to work overtime to make up for the cars they are going to lose by laying people off.

So lets get this straight. You work overtime in the weeks leading up to a layoff, forcing you to make more money for a bigger nest egg before you are laid off. Would it be better to cut back to 40 hrs. for a month or so, to get you used to lower pay?

So lets get this straight. You work overtime in the weeks leading up to a layoff, forcing you to make more money for a bigger nest egg before you are laid off. Would it be better to cut back to 40 hrs. for a month or so, to get you used to lower pay?

You don't get it do you?? FMC is eliminating the 3rd shift because they say Focus sales are slumping and their over stocked. If that's the case why would MAP be working overtime to make even more cars that supposedly aren't selling??

You don't get it do you?? FMC is eliminating the 3rd shift because they say Focus sales are slumping and their over stocked. If that's the case why would MAP be working overtime to make even more cars that supposedly aren't selling??

They must achieve a daily number each day, and they will overbuild that daily number and put it in a kitty so when things happen and they lose production they can pull from that kitty number to make that daily number.

Your new to the game , there are some many loopholes in this business.

I would suggest you get out now , this business is not for you

They must achieve a daily number each day, and they will overbuild that daily number and put it in a kitty so when things happen and they lose production they can pull from that kitty number to make that daily number.

Your new to the game , there are some many loopholes in this business.

I would suggest you get out now , this business is not for you

It's this thinking that causes the company to lose a ton of money. Hey lets over produce cars that aren't selling so later we a forced into giving high incentives and lose money. Sounds great.

• Like 1