MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

O god just move on. Mathematically it stupid to work past 30 years. Take out the life story, and emotional crap just looking at it mathematically your losing money, even that 66.5 year crap of 500 more dollars. By the time you catch up to the money the guy who retired at 58 made you will be about 82. Retire or don't it doesn't matter to no one but you but please do not argue with the math. And for all the tier 2 guys just through attrition only we will all be good in the next 5 to 7 years.

I`m gunna take my contractual opinion.... I`ll keep making the money, that you will never make 1 ava kind. Do this math, $30K (rounded off so you can figure) for each of my last 8 years if I had retired = $240K Now lets just say everything above that $240K, I`ve earned at the plant, is just slightly more than I`d make at Wal Mart asking a know it all like you if you`d like a cart. Lets be conservative here... 8 years at $80K a year average = $640K ....mathematically speaking 1 ava kind, the difference dosen`t count the benefits and not to mention profit sharing and bone us checks.

Sooooo, guess what 1 ava kind??? if you`ve got it all added up right??? then you`ll understand what I mean when I say this, I will retire when I want to fuckin retire.

Ahhhhh the magical 30 year mark, feels so good 1 ava kind.

Decker

• Like 1

It's sad! There should be a law that says everybody in the workforce retires at 55 and enjoys life and that way the workforce keeps turning over always creating jobs for everyone!

You, littlecountry are the best!!!!! at stirring the shit :stirpot: You my friend are an artist :salute:

Decker

O god just move on. Mathematically it stupid to work past 30 years. Take out the life story, and emotional crap just looking at it mathematically your losing money, even that 66.5 year crap of 500 more dollars. By the time you catch up to the money the guy who retired at 58 made you will be about 82. Retire or don't it doesn't matter to no one but you but please do not argue with the math. And for all the tier 2 guys just through attrition only we will all be good in the next 5 to 7 years.

OK...math......if you hired at Ford at 18 yrs old and work till your 58, that is 40 yrs....not 30yrs. that is more realistic than retiring after 30yrs. when you would be 48yrs. old. Just how many people do you know that have retired comfortably at age 48? I sure hope you do not moonlight as a financial planner. Check the batteries in that calculator one of a kind.

Edited by RougeWelder

OK...math......if you hired at Ford at 18 yrs old and work till your 58, that is 40 yrs....not 30yrs. that is more realistic than retiring after 30yrs. when you would be 48yrs. old. Just how many people do you know that have retired comfortably at age 48? I sure hope you do not moonlight as a financial planner. Check the batteries in that calculator one of a kind.

30 years at ford is enough no matter what your age is.

You know what lets keep the tier 2 were there at. There's got to be ditch diggers too making sub par pay and no benefits working next to someone making full pay with benefits. As long as they keep those little bastards under 20% we have nothing to worry about when contract time comes around.

And by the time they become the majority I'll be dead so I just won't give a fuck about there vote or what they have to say.

That's the union spirit.

The guys I know who worked an extra 5 years all payed off their houses, doubled their 401k, & in many cases helped their kids through college. Try doing any of those on a pension & walmart pay. Many others have had divorces and were wiped out so they dug out then retired. A few just like their big boats & Harleys.

I don't know one person who retired at 48 who is not struggling financially. It can be done & I am all for those who can make it happen. I just have a problem with others who know so much they can tell everyone else what best for them.

• Like 2

THE WAY TO KEEP EVERYONE EMPLOYED IS TO STOP MOVING JOBS TO ASIA & TO STOP BUYING THEIR CRAP.

WASHINGTON POST SAYS 6 MILLION JOBS WERE LOST FROM 2000 TO 2009 (official gov. data). US NEWS say 2.7 million of them went to China.

How many more were jobs that supported those factories.

We need to wake up and fight as a country. This is not about party, Obama is pushing the TPP now, Clinton pushed NAFTA through. Bush 1 & 2 never saw a trade deal they did not like. Its all of Washington. We need to take our country back & save our jobs, not fight with each other.

The UAW needs to stop backing any canadate who backs these type of trade deals. We keep giving them our money and they sell us down the river.

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

Has anyone heard what the number of people that will be laid off at map will be now taking in account the high senority people leaving for other plants

Haven't heard what the "new" cut off date is yet. Only thing I've heard is that the bottom 200 tier 2's with the lowest seniority will DEFINITELY NOT be coming back after the shut down. The union should know the new cut off date by now,

Haven't heard what the "new" cut off date is yet. Only thing I've heard is that the bottom 200 tier 2's with the lowest seniority will DEFINITELY NOT be coming back after the shut down. The union should know the new cut off date by now,

The union may know but if you can't get answers from them like you say then guess you will never know