MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

Don't be surprised if the cut off date for tier 2's change allowing more to stay at MAP. Between Livonia supposedly having more postings and then the upcoming postings at FRAP for around 50-60 and them speeding up the line at MAP which will add more jobs. I can see the cut off date moving into the mid April-mid May depending on the class sizes..

What are they increasing line speed to?

Yes their supposed to be increasing it but when/if they do that it will create more jobs because their going to have to "lighten" up some jobs because you won't have enough time to do it with the increased speed.

Don't be surprised if the cut off date for tier 2's change allowing more to stay at MAP. Between Livonia supposedly having more postings and then the upcoming postings at FRAP for around 50-60 and them speeding up the line at MAP which will add more jobs. I can see the cut off date moving into the mid April-mid May depending on the class sizes..

even if/when that happens, that still leaves about 200 to get laid off.

Cleveland doesn't have a single 2nd tier employee. They recently test 250-300 to be hired this summer, but now that is on hold pending MAP transfers. However many transfer, the difference will be hired as the first group of 2nd tier.

I almost came to Chicago but I went and checked the area out and was like no thank you

Every big city is bad that's why you live in the suburbs. Downtown Chicago is a cool place to hang out, there's more to do there then in Detroit. And Cleveland at least you would have high seniority as far as tier 2's go if the rumor is true about them not having any tier 2's at that plant as of right now.

Have you ever checked Chicago out? I would stay far away from that place, especially being 2nd Tier,. I would take the layoff and wait to be placed somewhere else,

Is Chicago stamping as bad as CAP? I'm not planning on taking a transfer there, I'm just asking out of curiosity

Is Chicago stamping as bad as CAP? I'm not planning on taking a transfer there, I'm just asking out of curiosity

Both are involved in the second class action. Both have emmy award winning drama. There is more of a politically orientated local union at CAP. CAP has a vary inexperienced salaried work force. Thank G-d the sales are out the roof at CAP or this place would be either on one shift or shut down more that up and running or both.

But really the plant is a marvel if you look at what we produce. The decision makers don`t want to put any money into the place, (not that the CAP decision makers would actually use the money for what it was intended for) won`t have the trades to do whats needed, and we continually band aid everything just to get those numbers. But, band aids are all the trades can do when the place is dam near running seven days a week, two shifts a day. Super Sat. and Sun.`s are running heavy now. Then there is the repair work and campaigns.... I guess that is a good thing because at least we are catching the defects before the units head to the dealerships.... we hope.

Bottom line Fuzzy it`s a job. If I could have one wish it would be for this so called union, that we have to pay juice money too, would stop the migrant auto worker bull shit.

One thing for sure any new comers be prepared for a completely different world. It`s as weird as having your little farm house get picked up by a twister and land in a land where there are no rain bow`s and you weren`t luck enough to land on any of the wicked witches or trolls. Yes... we have both.

If anyone heads to the stamping or assembly of Chicago, live out south or if you want cheaper taxes cross the boarder to Indiana.

Come one come all, to the land that common sense has forgotten.

Decker

Both are involved in the second class action. Both have emmy award winning drama. There is more of a politically orientated local union at CAP. CAP has a vary inexperienced salaried work force. Thank G-d the sales are out the roof at CAP or this place would be either on one shift or shut down more that up and running or both.

But really the plant is a marvel if you look at what we produce. The decision makers don`t want to put any money into the place, (not that the CAP decision makers would actually use the money for what it was intended for) won`t have the trades to do whats needed, and we continually band aid everything just to get those numbers. But, band aids are all the trades can do when the place is dam near running seven days a week, two shifts a day. Super Sat. and Sun.`s are running heavy now. Then there is the repair work and campaigns.... I guess that is a good thing because at least we are catching the defects before the units head to the dealerships.... we hope.

Bottom line Fuzzy it`s a job. If I could have one wish it would be for this so called union, that we have to pay juice money too, would stop the migrant auto worker bull shit.

One thing for sure any new comers be prepared for a completely different world. It`s as weird as having your little farm house get picked up by a twister and land in a land where there are no rain bow`s and you weren`t luck enough to land on any of the wicked witches or trolls. Yes... we have both.

If anyone heads to the stamping or assembly of Chicago, live out south or if you want cheaper taxes cross the boarder to Indiana.

Come one come all, to the land that common sense has forgotten.

Decker

Great Post

How many shifts is Cleveland runnin? Cleveland or Chicago wouldn't be too bad...[/quote

V6 line is running 3 shifts....i4 is on one shift. Only word of caution is senority runs deep here. Lots of recent transfers from Walton Hills and Avon Lake. Almost all with 20+ years. AFAIK there aren't any tier 2 in the plant.

How many shifts is Cleveland runnin? Cleveland or Chicago wouldn't be too bad...[/quote

V6 line is running 3 shifts....i4 is on one shift. Only word of caution is senority runs deep here. Lots of recent transfers from Walton Hills and Avon Lake. Almost all with 20+ years. AFAIK there aren't any tier 2 in the plant.

What are some nice suburbs to live in outside of Cleveland?