MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

I'm a 1 tier and I still stand behind what I said before. I'll give up my raise for this contract, just make the 2 tier whole. And piss on all that righteousness bs these other guys are saying. We all were at the bottom at one time. So hell yes make them whole.

Edited by one of a kind

I'm a 1 tier and I still stand behind what I said before. I'll give up my raise for this contract, just make the 2 tier whole. And piss on all that righteousness bs these other guys are saying. We all were at the bottom at one time. So hell yes make them whole.

Yeah in a perfect world that would be great. But what about the thousands of jobs ford brought back to the states just because the fact that tier-2 would be filling them??? Are you willing to give back all them jobs to Mexico and overseas if they got rid of tier-2 pay scale?

Yeah in a perfect world that would be great. But what about the thousands of jobs ford brought back to the states just because the fact that tier-2 would be filling them??? Are you willing to give back all them jobs to Mexico and overseas if they got rid of tier-2 pay scale?

The pay per hour is a small part of it.....the bigger savings for the company come from no more pensions and worse healthcare benefits that tier 2 get and that's fine, but the gap has to close significantly.

No one will come back as a temp worker. Good Lord people, Learn your contract. NO ONE will lose their job. No one will lose their pay or benefit level, this posting is for plants that need summer help during a busy vacation season. Some of these plants are not getting two weeks for shutdown, so they still have time to burn.

Also remember...if you do not sign up for a plant of your choice, and they need more help anywhere, you are fair game to be placed their even on a temporary basis. Ford can not hire LTS's within the zone while they have people on layoff, so think carefully before you make a decision. It could effect you more than you know.

Are there any negative ramifications to not signing? Sorry if my questions seem mundane but this is my first experience with all this layoff/plant transfer stuff so I'm a bit confused and worried.. My rep was NO help, just told me to go talk to labor.

I also know how you feel about being laid off. IT SUCKS...but that is part of this industry. Maybe its just me but I think you'll be back soon.

I agree though they should show more empathy and be more readily available, even though they probably don't know many details.

The union is not going to show any compassion cause your getting laid off, guess you think the union should wear black on the last day of C crew

The union is not going to show any compassion cause your getting laid off, guess you think the union should wear black on the last day of C crew

I said they SHOULD not WOULD show empathy. You continue to show time and time again that you're not the brightest brother we have.

For one, that's illegal under federal law unless you were a temp at the time. Probably too late to do anything about it now but it might be worth looking into.

Are you tier 1 or 2, because that's the difference here.

A simple question like do we go back to LTS or TPT status or do we maintain our Entry Leven status with possibly a new seniority date? A question that shouldn't be that hard to answer STILL hasn't been answered almost 8 weeks later.

You will maintain your entry level status, you were hired in as entry level in will maintain that during the time your laid off and you will keep the same seniority date you have now. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying. Edited by focusfrank

You will maintain your entry level status, you were hired in as entry level in will maintain that during the time your laid off and you will keep the same seniority date you have now. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying.

It was on the bulletin. You keep your Ford seniority date for benefits/pay. For in plant job placement you start over at the bottom of the pile.

*edited to note I posted that before I knew of the bulletin posted this week about the LTS jobs.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

J32, here are no negative ramifications of not signing the bid The only possible problem, is if they do not get enough people to sign. If that happens, People can be placed in those open positions without any choice.

There's more openings than people being laid off (though not by much). Shouldn't be a concern unless you are a fuck up and don't answer your phone.

How does this Union not hold any kind of meeting or Q&A for those being laid off, on top of offering no information for people to make an educated decision. Not to mention completely staying away from those being laid off... What a shit show

How does this Union not hold any kind of meeting or Q&A for those being laid off, on top of offering no information for people to make an educated decision. Not to mention completely staying away from those being laid off... What a shit show

And people wonder why I believe they don't care about the 2nd tier

And people wonder why I believe they don't care about the 2nd tier

I've tried to get you to realize this before and I'll try one more time because you seem like a smart, rational person.

This has nothing to do with Tier 1 or 2. The union doesn't tell ANYBODY anything. You're not being treated any different than any other member that has ever been laid off.

• Like 2

Basically if your not laid off first then your screwed, cause when 2nd round gets laid off no jobs will be available.

So does this mean you go from an Entry Level employee to a LTS?

Those jobs are only temporary jobs, NOT PERMANENT. If they were to turn into permanent jobs then those jobs would go to those in the second round of layoffs if they don't end up staying at MAP. And no you won't go from entry level to an LTS.