MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

Stupid is as stupid does ! :play:

It was a joke bro. That is how people in assembly plants view us at parts plants. I will admit that the jobs are much better than assembly but we still do work our asses off. And we do the kind of work where you ruin your body, our backs, shoulders etc etc...

• Like 1

It was a joke bro. That is how people in assembly plants view us at parts plants. I will admit that the jobs are much better than assembly but we still do work our asses off. And we do the kind of work where you ruin your body, our backs, shoulders etc etc...

PASS THAT LIVONIA GRAVY THIS WAY

Whose to say this talk of eliminating c crew at MAP isn't all b.s.??

Because there's been rumors of it for at least 2 years, but never like this, and never acknowledged by anyone from local

Beyond telling new hires not to believe it at least

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Because there's been rumors of it for at least 2 years, but never like this, and never acknowledged by anyone from local

Beyond telling new hires not to believe it at least

You say there's been rumors of this for 2 years right?? How long have you been with ford, is it right around 2 years? I've been hearing doom and gloom stories about my plant for 16 years and it just so happens that I have just about 16 years with the company. A friend of mine has been hearing rumors about them losing a shift for around 20 years and he hired in to the company in 1995. Can you see a trend forming here?

You say there's been rumors of this for 2 years right?? How long have you been with ford, is it right around 2 years? I've been hearing doom and gloom stories about my plant for 16 years and it just so happens that I have just about 16 years with the company. A friend of mine has been hearing rumors about them losing a shift for around 20 years and he hired in to the company in 1995. Can you see a trend forming here?

That's what I'm saying, I've been with this company for awhile and have heard this many of times in the past. Then all of a sudden nothing happens at all. This doom and gloom at MAP happens right around contract time, sounds familiar doesn't it??

First of all my post of "stupid is as stupid does" goes to chassis group leader....< real fu*cktard.

And as far as the layoff its happening, its for real and if your involved ASK QUESTIONS !!!

If you don't get an answer, you keep on asking. Go to the union meeting and ask questions, don't let them bully you into backing down stick together and go as a group.

Call the local president or chairman were you are being placed and ASK QUESTIONS.

:play:

Edited by MTP'er

First of all my post of "stupid is as stupid does" goes to chassis group leader....< real fu*cktard.

And as far as the layoff its happening, its for real and if your involved ASK QUESTIONS !!!

If you don't get an answer, you keep on asking. Go to the union meeting and ask questions, don't let them bully you into backing down stick together and go as a group.

Call the local president or chairman were you are being placed and ASK QUESTIONS.

Union Reps and the Union know NOTHING at this point so what good would it do to follow your advice. I'm all about getting as much info as I can even though I won't be affected by any layoff if there was one But the Union knows nothing at this point. I just find it interesting that there was no talk of Livonia needing people until word of this supposed elimination of C Crew, you talk to those at Livonia and it's news to them that they need people. This doom and gloom right around contract time, been down this road many of times before, maybe I'm wrong but this seems fishy to me. If this turns out to be true then hay I'm wrong but wouldn't surprise me if it's not..

Union Reps and the Union know NOTHING at this point so what good would it do to follow your advice. I'm all about getting as much info as I can even though I won't be affected by any layoff if there was one But the Union knows nothing at this point. I just find it interesting that there was no talk of Livonia needing people until word of this supposed elimination of C Crew, you talk to those at Livonia and it's news to them that they need people. This doom and gloom right around contract time, been down this road many of times before, maybe I'm wrong but this seems fishy to me. If this turns out to be true then hay I'm wrong but wouldn't surprise me if it's not..

Livonia doesnt need anyone. Livonia still had people at DTP as of last week.

The only reason I thing that something might be going on in Livonia is that my committeeman mentioned it to me yesterday before I brought it up to him. Granted it was the end of the day and I was literally the last person he talked to so someone might have mentioned it to him first, but I'm thinking where there's smoke, there's fire.

Livonia doesnt need anyone. Livonia still had people at DTP as of last week.

Exactly what I'm saying, that's why this talk of them eliminating C Crew at MAP seems fishy to me. They announce it, make mention that approximately 400 people are needed at Livonia but yet those who are currently at Livonia haven't heard a thing about needing anyone and now you mention this... Management and the Glass House knowing there's an attendance problem currently at MAP creates this doom and gloom that their eliminating this shift, attendance is no longer a problem after its announced. Everyone is working scared after of what's to come and I bet they announce "were no longer cancelling this shift after talking it over with the union", "but just to let everyone know that if attendance becomes a problem again we won't think twice about eliminating it". Both the Union and the company both end up looking good after this, and surprise right around contract time what a coincidence..

Exactly what I'm saying, that's why this talk of them eliminating C Crew at MAP seems fishy to me. They announce it, make mention that approximately 400 people are needed at Livonia but yet those who are currently at Livonia haven't heard a thing about needing anyone and now you mention this... Management and the Glass House knowing there's an attendance problem currently at MAP creates this doom and gloom that their eliminating this shift, attendance is no longer a problem after its announced. Everyone is working scared after of what's to come and I bet they announce "were no longer cancelling this shift after talking it over with the union", "but just to let everyone know that if attendance becomes a problem again we won't think twice about eliminating it". Both the Union and the company both end up looking good after this, and surprise right around contract time what a coincidence..

I believe the Union at MAP is in on this too because they know there's an attendance too.

I believe the Union at MAP is in on this too because they know there's an attendance problem too and their working right along with Management to try and fix it. And like I said after all is said and done when they announce their not eliminating it both the Union and Management come out looking good/quote]

Frank, Keep on dreaming. In all the years I have worked for Ford, I have heard rumors of my plant closing or losing people, many, many times. but NEVER have I had the UAW come right out and say that it is happening, unless it actually was. I have said it before, and it bears repeating, the UAW and FORD don't talk about cutting people lightly, or as a threat. This is NOT a case of whipsawing one plant against another, which DOES happen at contract time. This does not have anything to do with being contract time. This is all about a business decision because neither the CMax or Focus is selling, and have not been selling for months. We have too much capacity for a car not selling. Manpower is wasted and money is wasted by paying to build cars that won't sell. These guys running Ford are not stupid, they make decisions everyday that affect people and their paychecks. YES, we all know that attendance has been a constant problem since we started C crew, and unfortunately, its not restricted to only C crew, BUT Its been worse on C than on other crews, and everyone knows it. Last I heard, we had well over 120 days worth of cars on lots. Normal supply is around 60 days or less. We can't keep building at this rate, and increasing the supply of cars not selling. Its just not smart business.

Believe what you want, but my 28 years of experience tells me that the crew IS going away, one way or another.

• Like 5

Cap is losing the MKS and Taurus. They will both be moving to the Fusion Chassis. MKS will be the New Lincoln Continental which wont be built at CAP. As for the Taurus who knows. The police Taurus will still be built there. The Explorer will need to keep selling like hotcakes for CAP to keep 3 shifts.

Is there any legal notice of layoff in Mich.? I know that laws vary in different jurisdictions, but when we lost a shift in Ontario the bottom 1100 people had to have 16 WEEKS notice. No one got laid off because of retirements and buy outs. When the plant finally closed the notice had to be given again, the full 16 weeks. This notice varies with the number of people affected, from 8 weeks for 50 people to 16 weeks for 500 or more. This only applies to permanent lay offs not the regular ups and downs of the auto industry.