MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

I agree with you and those people should have been fired, someone either the union or management has covered them.

I know of 1 that was going to get fired for #10 but ultimately was given a warning because the guy in labor pulled up the wrong file from someone with a similar name.

I saw this coming a mile away. I knew when Ford started the tier-2 that we'd have huge attendance problems. What the hell does the company expect??? You pay people a good wage and treat them right they'll appreciate what they have and show up to work. When you pay people shit wages for shittier work you will have problems. You get what you pay for. And the worst part is that the company doesn't give two shits, they'll just "FIRE" um lay off and then hire new dogs in a few months

Well, the people who have no work ethic and no self respect at least. Then there's people like me who hasn't missed a day since I've been here, I've been late twice (once because I overslept my alarm on a Sunday day shift, and once due to a flat tire) and I feel like I'm the only one, at least in my age group.

I know of 1 that was going to get fired for #10 but ultimately was given a warning because the guy in labor pulled up the wrong file from someone with a similar name.

The union and management should have NEVER covered anyone from the start had they done so there wouldn't have been an attendence problem. Those with poor attendance would have been fired and in turn everyone else would have known that if you don't show up for work you will be fired.

The union and management should have NEVER covered anyone from the start had they done so there wouldn't have been an attendence problem. Those with poor attendance would have been fired and in turn everyone else would have known that if you don't show up for work you will be fired.

There was an idea brought up to me by a friend that seemed like a good idea. Bring in part time temps while these clowns who can't show up are serving their suspension time, but instead of giving them x amount of consecutive days off, give them 2 days off at at time while they train their potential replacement the 2 days they are supposed to show up. Send them a message that if they miss more time, their replacement is already there.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

There was an idea brought up to me by a friend that seemed like a good idea. Bring in part time temps while these clowns who can't show up are serving their suspension time, but instead of giving them x amount of consecutive days off, give them 2 days off at at time while they train their potential replacement the 2 days they are supposed to show up. Send them a message that if they miss more time, their replacement is already there.

The attendance problem started from day 1 of C Crew and the union and management sat there and did nothing about it.

The union and management know of this problem and when i questioned it Their response was "were giving them a break because most have never worked in a plant".

wooooooow that's the lamest piece of BS i've ever heard, but then again, its more than i've ever gotten out of anyone. usually they duck the question completely or the stock response of "I know"

This shows you time and time again the importance of belonging to a Union!

How is belonging to a union benefiting those tier 2 workers who very well might be losing their jobs because of this? Also if the real reason for them cutting this shift is due to the poor attendance if there wasn't a union the poor attendance of some would have never been tolerated. I'm not saying a union is all bad but belonging to a union is this case might not benefit everyone.

• Like 3