MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

It's this thinking that causes the company to lose a ton of money. Hey lets over produce cars that aren't selling so later we a forced into giving high incentives and lose money. Sounds great.

That's just way the business is run! Been run that way for years!

Should have been around back in the day when there motto was build whether it's selling or not just as long as the plant is running.

Allan Mullay changed that method, he said they will only build to customer demand not to just keep plants running.

The kitty for the daily number will always be around, it's actually a smart idea.

There is nothing to hear, the company said they are cutting a shift, the people laid off will get there walking papers and it's business as usual for the people left.

If your laid off you just sit and draw unemployment and hope to hear something, this is the way it was back in 2008 when DTP cut a shift, what are you guys wanting to hear , there's not much to hear!!

Are you looking for some kinda buffet and a movie,the company is not gonna take you on a date before you get canned

There is nothing to hear, the company said they are cutting a shift, the people laid off will get there walking papers and it's business as usual for the people left.

If your laid off you just sit and draw unemployment and hope to hear something, this is the way it was back in 2008 when DTP cut a shift, what are you guys wanting to hear , there's not much to hear!!

Are you looking for some kinda buffet and a movie,the company is not gonna take you on a date before you get canned

are you a union member? cause yea sound like management. ugk!!!

are you a union member? cause yea sound like management. ugk!!!

Yep I'm UAW, but really what do they want to know, be realistic , you were told a shift will be cut, it's been on the news and in the papers,

At DTP back in 2008, we were told a shift would be cut and that was it, there was nothing the union could tell you, if job postings came up you got a call to go sign up if you wish. That is just the way it works, the union can't really tell you anything cause they don't know anything, they knew nothing back in 2008 and I'm sure they know even less in 2015, take my comments however you wish but it's time to wake up and be realistic, draw unemployment and sub til that runs out or apply for other jobs til Ford calls you back, if you keep waiting on the union to tell you what your wanting to know you will be waiting a long time.

With no transfer rights you really just have to hope they decide to call you for future employment cause they are not obligated to find you work after you are laid off.

Yep I'm UAW, but really what do they want to know, be realistic , you were told a shift will be cut, it's been on the news and in the papers,

At DTP back in 2008, we were told a shift would be cut and that was it, there was nothing the union could tell you, if job postings came up you got a call to go sign up if you wish. That is just the way it works, the union can't really tell you anything cause they don't know anything, they knew nothing back in 2008 and I'm sure they know even less in 2015, take my comments however you wish but it's time to wake up and be realistic, draw unemployment and sub til that runs out or apply for other jobs til Ford calls you back, if you keep waiting on the union to tell you what your wanting to know you will be waiting a long time.

With no transfer rights you really just have to hope they decide to call you for future employment cause they are not obligated to find you work after you are laid off.

Its members like you that are a cancer to the UAW. Its easy to be critical of people when you aren't the one being laid off.

Its members like you that are a cancer to the UAW. Its easy to be critical of people when you aren't the one being laid off.

I have been laid off, plant closing, so becareful of who you criticize!

I hope you get the info you want , don't know what that info is but I sure hope you get it.

You people will learn how it all works oneday And you won't like it, your getting a taste of it now

When those postings go up, PLEASE post them on here so these guys that want info can see them, cause this is only place they looking for info at

I heard they're gonna post for Livonia at MAP. That way all high seniority will be able to transfer to a good plant and all tier-2 will be able to stay at MAP.

I heard they're gonna post for Livonia at MAP. That way all high seniority will be able to transfer to a good plant and all tier-2 will be able to stay at MAP.

Also heard they're gonna transfer some tier-2 to Sterling. Van Dyke just sent 40 to Sterling a couple weeks ago but they still need a lot more

Hopefully all the 2nd Tier can stay at MAP and then with labor cost being cheaper they can reduce the price of the focus then it might sell

Hopefully all the 2nd Tier can stay at MAP and then with labor cost being cheaper they can reduce the price of the focus then it might sell

Don't work that way, A Fusion built in Mexico is the same price as one built in Flatrock. Checked out 2 today SE with 2.5 them, right to the penny same price. In Canada MSLP $24,399 plus $1600 freight.

There's supposed to be postings for FRAP and Dearborn also...

Person I talked to who works at FRAP and is close with local 3000 told me they are only taking about 100. Also the rumor of the mythical 3rd shift opening there popped up again last week after being dead for a while.