Retirement Incentive

cecilmeyer

I have seen a couple of articles that say in the new FCA agreement about a $50,000 incentive to retire.I looked through the contract but did not see anything.Anyone else out here have any info on this?

From the Detroit News.

Traditional, or tier-one employees, as reported by The News on Thursday, would receive 3 percent general wage increases in the first and third year, plus 4 percent lump sums of about $2,400 for assembly workers in the second and fourth year. Total guaranteed compensation is $19,000 in start-time earnings for the veteran workers. Williams said the deal also includes targeted early retirement incentives, but didnt provide details.

If it was a good incentive to retire why not share details? The rest if the details minus the co op is out there?

Didn't at one point they offer a 100k or something like that?

A week or so ago it was released that Ford had started with the first of a "set" of pension buy outs. This first of the "set" would target future retired employee`s with a lump sum payment in lue of monthly pension benefits.

As for the balance of or the number of incentives in this stated "set" of incentives that was not touched on.

One would think these "sets" will follow other pension buy outs where the vested employee`s would become in line for some form of incentive for their pension investment.

Possibly, break downs in years invested. (10 to 20 years or 20 to 30 years or ???) With the goal of the company to move past any pension obligations most likely all employee`s that have the time vested will be given a choice.

I`ll try o find the link to this release.

Decker

Edited by Decker

Ahhhhh, the cute little cartoon speaks up again.

The $140K was geared towards those couples that both work as Ford employees. One could take the incentive while being cover on the others insurance as a dependent. This was sold on the premise that there was no need for dual healthcare insurance coverage that is in place if both spouses have coverage through their employer.

How you doing Q?

Decker

• Like 1

Ahhhhh, the cute little cartoon speaks up again.

The $140K was geared towards those couples that both work as Ford employees. One could take the incentive while being cover on the others insurance as a dependent. This was sold on the premise that there was no need for dual healthcare insurance coverage that is in place if both spouses have coverage through their employer.

How you doing Q?

Decker

really ? u are again inaccurate!

u keep up the attacks im going to report ya

Edited by Q-bert
  • Like 1

This is coming to blue collar next. Ford wants to get as many as they can off the books to drop the nearly 74 billion in owed pensions not to mention all of us who will be retiring. If the money is right (speak to my financial adviser) and I could roll directly to an IRA without any taxes I would take this every time. It won't be for everyone but if you figure your pension is really not that good anyway and it reduces in half when social security kicks in the right amount of money that you control and don't have to worry about Ford going belly up and your pension controlled by the federal government at 60%...its a win/win to me. I hope they offer it to hourly eventually. GM white collar were offered it a few years back and roughly 26-29% took it.

• Like 2

really ? u are again inaccurate!

u keep up the attacks im going to report ya

His info is very accurate!

You must be a new hire and at the times these packages were offered you were not even working for Ford but on the street saying those overpaid autoworkers have it made!

Now your an underpaid autoworker and the company and the UAW are saying you guys that never worked for Ford always thought an autoworker was overpaid so they lowered the wage for you guys so you would not think that way anymore!! Now you guys bitch cause you don't make what an overpaid autoworker makes!

You won't ever be happy, just Quit

• Like 2

the 100k and 140k were buyouts, yes i recall them well. not really a good deal at all

no pension, and only 6 months of ben. so not sure where u got your info decker, but as inaccurate as ever.

It's a "good deal" if a husband and wife both work for Ford and one of them takes the option and they still have insurance coverage & pensions on the other spouse.

I know of a two (2) married couples where the spouse opted on the buyout and the other retired.

Flashing colors can impact cognitive skills.

• Like 1

His info is very accurate!

You must be a new hire and at the times these packages were offered you were not even working for Ford but on the street saying those overpaid autoworkers have it made!

Now your an underpaid autoworker and the company and the UAW are saying you guys that never worked for Ford always thought an autoworker was overpaid so they lowered the wage for you guys so you would not think that way anymore!! Now you guys bitch cause you don't make what an overpaid autoworker makes!

You won't ever be happy, just Quit

his info is off,just like you, no ur wrong again lil country. actually i see u on here complaining alot more then anyone!

i think your overpaid, and they can and should send all assembly to mexico.

Edited by Q-bert

his info is off,just like you, no ur wrong again lil cuntry. actually i see u on here cumplaining alot more then anyone!

i think your overpaid, and they can and should send all assembly to mexico.

really dude? you go after Decker for "attacking you" for something that really wasn't an attack, then you drop the c-word on littlecountry?

wow.... just wow

• Like 2

People, this article refers to an incentive that has not been offered to hourly before.

The prior incentives were put in place to entice those people that were close to or preparing to retire. Some incentives were put in place with the intent to offer employee's a way to further their level of education. Some incentives were to offer lower seniority employee's a way to start a life after Ford. But all these incentives came as a severance package. In all these packages or incentives there was a separation date. That date removed the employee's from the active roll to become either a former employee with little chance of future Ford employment. (The education package gave a small chance at future employment) Or the employee took an incentive an started receiving a monthly pension benefit.

This article and other information it`s referring to an incentive that focuses on the investment earned by the employee's in the pension fund. This new incentive will offer a lump sum to be considered as payment in full for future monthly pension payments.

The hourly employee's have been lead to believe the pension fund is a gift from Ford, apart of social security, something the IUAW just set up and or any number of illusions or rumors that have become the norm over the years. It is like social security in that we over the years have paid into this fund in one way or another. (reduced hourly rates or not getting some other benefit) But in whatever way it happens each employee has contributed to this fund. Our investment.

This is the, by law, investment we paid into, that over the years has been dipped into and not repaid properly. Hence the under funding. Pension fund, social security pretty much administered in the same manner.

I'm not completely sure of the way it will be applied at Ford (typical Ford vagueness in the article) but employee's at other companies where this incentive was offered continued to work and the only change would be that employee would no longer keep investing in the pension fund. Unlike the prior incentives this is not an incentive to become retired.

I agree completely this those other employee's (members) I will be more than willing to start taking control of my pension fund investment if the incentive is offered.

Decker

Dam that long winded old long hair

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1