MK Naming Scheme NOT Going Away

The first 'Cuda was just a Valient with fastback, not a unique body shell. And was called "Valient Barracuda". So, Mustang was first with its own body lines, not a "Falcon with a fastback".

Anyway, for Lincoln to suddenly drop MK#, would look bad. It seems to work for soft Utes.

MFT had all the same function and features of iDrive and MMI. The only difference is Ford went with touch screen interface. The Germans went with knobs.

Did iDrive and MMI offer voice control over entertainment and vehicle functions? What about bluetooth audio?

My BMW and Audi both have voice control over audio and phone function. Although I never use them... easier to just use the steering wheel control or the big knob.

Bluetooth audio is standard on Audi MMI. On BMW (at least in 2012), you had to pay extra for "BMW App" to get Bluetooth audio so I didn't.

I think the only functions MFT II has that MMI or iDrive lacks is ability to read back text or social media messages - but some people may argue that is a good thing...

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1