FCA Teases AWD Challenger for SEMA

Anthony

fca-sema-prev_653.jpg\

http://www.leftlanenews.com/fca-teases-awd-dodge-challenger-for-sema-90044.html

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has released a few teaser images for its upcoming SEMA lineup.

The renderings show a Chrysler 300, a Fiat 500, a Ram 1500 Rebel and a Dodge Challenger. Additional details remain unclear, though the Challenger has been adorned with a GT AWD badge indicating power delivery to all four wheels.
The company has reserved a large chunk of floor space within the Las Vegas Convention Center to showcase customized vehicles from its Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat brands. The lineup will be outfitted with numerous Mopar accessories already available to buyers, along with some tweaks that are not offered from the factory.
"Nearly 20 vehicles, as well as hundreds of Mopar parts and accessories, will fill the 15,345-square-foot Mopar SEMA exhibit," the company notes.
A live webcast of the Mopar event will be aired on November 3 at 7:25pm Eastern.

I wonder if it will be Pentastar V6 only? Currently, as far as I can tell, the only way you can get a 300 or Charger as AWD is to have the V6. However, if they are going to do the rumored twin turbo treatment on the Pentastar, this would be one hot item...

The Charger AWD has been available with the V8's all along, though I can't remember if they dropped it from retail for 2015 or not. I don't see it on the build and price anymore.

http://caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-dodge-charger-pursuit-v-8-awd-test-review

Edited by Intrepidatious

I just did a search on cars.com to see what dealer stock exists.

Of 15,800 Chargers, around 2,774 are AWD and of those all but 91 are V6 AWDs

So out of 15,800 Charger stock, there are 91 AWD V8s across the country...

That should tell us something about the buyer profile for AWD..