South Florida International Auto Show Notes

Actually you can't get Notorius on the MKX on any BL theme. It's available on the MKC in Indulgence and Center Stage.

Not sure why they limit it.

Yeah, that's one of my points - it seems strange that they'd limit something like that, especially when it's supposed to be their elite trim level. But perhaps it is simply a production/first model year issue. Shrug.

WHERE'S THE BILL BLASS EDITION?????????????

Once the Eddie Bauer Explorer comes back, then you may have your Bill Blass.

It's just me but I'm a black leather/brushed aluminium kind of fellow. I do like the packages though, very sharp.

Edited by Hugh

Once the Eddie Bauer Explorer comes back, then you may have your Bill Blass.

It's just me but I'm a black leather/brushed aluminium kind of fellow. I do like the packages though, very sharp.

You wouldn't be getting a Black Label then...at least if you specifically wanted that. I'm not saying the ones they have aren't good looking, I just think for something special like Black Label, they should allow full customization (allowing you to mix and match colors/materials as you choose), with only "recommended" themes rather than "pick a theme, and that's it."

• Like 1

You wouldn't be getting a Black Label then...at least if you specifically wanted that. I'm not saying the ones they have aren't good looking, I just think for something special like Black Label, they should allow full customization (allowing you to mix and match colors/materials as you choose), with only "recommended" themes rather than "pick a theme, and that's it."

I think they let the high fashion designers get too carried away with the themes. I can't see any technical reason for limiting the colors.

Oh yes I agree with what you are saying and I wasn't debating or taking a dig at you RMC. I had to go back to read your comments to be sure. I agree there should be full customization. I like the Jaguar setup online where you choose your veneers, trims and colours. That and the options packages is where they make their money I assume. That said, I like BL a lot and I think that is a good direction for Lincoln.

I think they let the high fashion designers get too carried away with the themes. I can't see any technical reason for limiting the colors.

I've said my peace on why the package availible/unavailible on cars is the way it is on another forum. C'est la vie.

Oh yes I agree with what you are saying and I wasn't debating or taking a dig at you RMC. I had to go back to read your comments to be sure. I agree there should be full customization. I like the Jaguar setup online where you choose your veneers, trims and colours. That and the options packages is where they make their money I assume. That said, I like BL a lot and I think that is a good direction for Lincoln.

Oh I didn't think you were, I was just adding thoughts.

Heck, I'm sure people would pay more for full customization (i.e. an extra charge for "exotic wood A" or "metal finish B"), just give them the option. And really it's not like they make any more for each particular theme put together as is - there is no additional cost going from one theme to the other as far as I know. The only "advantage"/reasoning I see is ease of production where they only have to make 4 Black Label interior variations per vehicle......so MKC has 4 BL interior themes, MKZ has 4, MKX has 4, with no change of materials within each of the 4, aside from tech options (which even then most options are standard on BL models).

Good pictures RMC! I like your protrait while taking shots of the Super Duty lol. My OCD side came out seeing the dude touching (or apprearing to) the RS. Fingers off! But the RS symbol pressed in the spoiler, nice!

Haha, thanks.....I'm not that wide, I swear! :P I think that's actually my dad poking the RS reading the window sticker. He's also featured in reflection in the Super Duty taillight picture! :P haha

Agreed. I wonder if enough people wrote in to them about it and complained if they'd open up the options more?

I've said my peace on why the package availible/unavailible on cars is the way it is on another forum. C'est la vie.

Which forum is that? FIN? (Just curious so I can go read your comments)

• Like 1

I dont know I hate talking to people so I didnt ask lol, but it was off the turntable.

That's bizarre that they'd take it off the stand mid show like that. When were you there? I'm guessing it was some day during the week? Because I went Saturday the 7th, and again Friday the 13th (haha). That's just odd.

FMC, my comment on the packages was directed/ in reference to Akirby and I brought it up on the Taurus forum. It was how the Tech and Performance packages were exclusive. It left me shaking my head but nothing worth bitching about.

Ah! Disregard then! I thought you were referring to Black Label discussion on another forum.

That's bizarre that they'd take it off the stand mid show like that. When were you there? I'm guessing it was some day during the week? Because I went Saturday the 7th, and again Friday the 13th (haha). That's just odd.

Ah! Disregard then! I thought you were referring to Black Label discussion on another forum.

I was there this past Saturday the 14th.

I was there this past Saturday the 14th.

Hm. Perhaps it was because it was the next to last day of the show, and maybe the Continental concept vehicle is headed to another show (I imagine there's only a handful of them out there)?

FIN? I haven't logged in there in a long long time...a long time. I think my account is still availible :)

I hadn't until recently either, when I posted this same thread there.

• Like 1