2017 Ford Raptor Revealed

Not necessarily. It could mean steel bracing instead of aluminum in certain places.

Good point. I bet that points to a lot of it. That thing will take some considerable abuse at 100+MPH offroad.

You mean more than having bespoke sheet metal and a wider track and a bespoke engine?

Those are easy if the attachment points are the same, but steel vs. aluminum sheet metal is a whole different story.

Those wheels/ tires aren't exactly light either.

Well, they were on the previous gen Raptor as well.

Where did you read that? I thought that and the engine used in the new GT were all based on the current 3.5EB found in the SHO.

The article says the 3.5 in the Raptor is Raptor-exclusive. It's an all new engine (along with the one in the GT) having dual fuel injection systems (port and DI), and I'm guessing it will be CGI as well. Essentially, it only shares the displacement size with the current 3.5EB.

Wait, being CGI instead of Al probably adds a few lbs to the 3.5, along with the dual fuel system, so there's probably a hundred or more lbs over the standard F150.

The new 3.5 Ecoboost engine is different

Where did you read that? I thought that and the engine used in the new GT were all based on the current 3.5EB found in the SHO.

No, it's a next generation with new Block, heads and bigger turbos to make 600 hp reliably,

so I'm expecting that all EB 3.5s will be on this design but supplied in different power levels.

GT - 630 hp

Raptor - 450 hp?

F150 - 420 hp?

Maybe a Mustang with EB 3.5 making 450 hp and 10 AT to keep that pesky Camaro SS in its place

Edited by jpd80