2017 Fusion Titanium

pstroke1

Really? Interesting, would a salesman allow me to sign the papers early so as to take advantage of the discount? That would suit me fine, I have the money for the car anyway.

Yes (at least ours was going to let us). Though, there is some risk in the event the car is damaged, has a problem that can't be resolved, etc, but, that's really minimal, and they will likely allow you to sign, but pay upon delivery.

• Like 1

Thank you again, that's very helpful. I wonder how often people are able to get that private cash offer to work. From my research here on the forums, it looks hit or miss, seems to come down to the salesman you're working with. In any case, I'd have absolutely no problem signing the papers early. That discount is really nice, and is on top of the publically available incentives from Ford. I emailed my salesman this morning and am awaiting his reply.

I sent my dealer an e-mail with posts 67 & 72 pasted into it, no user names were included and I'm still waiting for a response. If I don't get a response with an explanation and resolution that gets the car scheduled by Wednesday, I'm cancelling my order. One option I'm going to float by them is to sell me a Titanium from inventory. Its MSRP is 36395, dealer price with rebates 34129, if I can get them to knock off another 1500 to 32626 I'll take it.

Verified with Ford marketing about the private cash offer earlier today-interestingly, they said I don't need to order a brochure to get offers. All I have to do is call their direct phone number and give them my name and address-their system will tell me what offers I'm eligible for. Still hoping my Fusion beats the expiration date of the cash offer. :future:

They verified the amount of the offer and the expiration date. Also that the offer code can't be extended because the offer code will be invalid. Which is conveniently 4 days before my car's ETA (they confirmed it'll be June 7). If I were the paranoid type, I'd say they deliberately dated the offer so I'd miss out on applying it to my factory order. :cry: And the salesman told me he can't backdate the bill of sale. Great. Well, if that's true, I'm going to let the car sit there at the dealership and keep calling Ford Marketing until they renew the cash offer, no matter how long it takes. The number I called is 800-334-4375. I called Ford Customer Service and they transferred me, but gave me the direct number as well.

Edited by Stephen White

Obviously it depends on their database and how they've classified you - who knows what criteria they use. But I'd say there's a better than average chance of getting a new one.

Wondered if you could answer a question about that. Do you know how long a dealer would hold a factory ordered car once it was delivered? Let's say hypothetically that the car arrives and I have no private offer from Ford. So I go online and order a new brochure from them in the hopes that it contains another offer like the last one did. Would the dealer just let me wait or is he likely to put my special order into stock and try to sell it? I realize this might depend on the dealer. I'm 99% sure he's not going to discount the car by $750 to match the private cash offer if it expires prior to delivery.

Well an interesting development is that I got another brochure in the mail today that's addressed to my wife (with the same cash offer) and it doesn't expire until after the (estimated) arrival of my car. I checked with Ford to make sure I can use it and I can. So assuming the car gets here when it's supposed to, I should be okay.

• Like 1

Well an interesting development is that I got another brochure in the mail today that's addressed to my wife (with the same cash offer) and it doesn't expire until after the (estimated) arrival of my car. I checked with Ford to make sure I can use it and I can. So assuming the car gets here when it's supposed to, I should be okay.

Don't you love it when things work out and you can sit back, relax, and have a cold one?!

No worries. I actually did that because it was taking a long time to get my brochure and I thought it had gotten lost in the cracks. This was before I even knew about the possibility of a cash offer-that came as a complete surprise. BTW my car was shipped from the plant yesterday and is on its way. ETA June 4.

Your priority number is set to 20. You might want to ask your dealer why.

I got an e-mail this morning stating my order has been changed to a Retail order with a priority of 10.

Despite multiple e-mails and questions, there's still no clear explanation of how or why it was entered as a dealer order with a priority of 20.

I've been tracking my vehicle's progress since it left Hermosillo. Pretty cool how we can do this, actually. Anyway, it's been moving along every day until yesterday. The current position according to CSX's tracking system is "Rail yard central Ilinois." Status hasn't updated since yesterday morning. I'm wondering if this maybe an extended stop or if perhaps the cars are being trucked the rest of the way to their final destinations. I'm also a little curious about the name of the station. It sounds very generic. Anybody know?

I've been tracking my vehicle's progress since it left Hermosillo. Pretty cool how we can do this, actually. Anyway, it's been moving along every day until yesterday. The current position according to CSX's tracking system is "Rail yard central Ilinois." Status hasn't updated since yesterday morning. I'm wondering if this maybe an extended stop or if perhaps the cars are being trucked the rest of the way to their final destinations. I'm also a little curious about the name of the station. It sounds very generic. Anybody know?

Sounds like it's at a classification yard waiting to be assembled into a new train to its final destination.

• Like 1