Not sure if common knowledge: TCM covered for 2014-15 models also

I knew when I bought my '14 Focus that the '12 and '13 models had the TCM warranty extended.

Well, I hadn't logged into syncmyride for a while so I logged in today and noticed that there was a new open item showing up under Recalls & Field Service Actions.

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I did not know they now include the 2014 and 15 models for TCM extended warranty for 10 years 150k miles.

http://m.oemdtc.com/Ford/Recall/R14M02/R14M020.PDF

Guess things are still not looking so hot for the DCT.

Edited by Anthony

Guess you missed the post about the guy in a 2012 Fiesta who put over 700,000 miles on his car in three years. A DCT vehicle. He replaced the clutch-packs at 347,000 miles and at 545,000 miles. Not bad I say.

Nope, I saw it....along with the other posts about people having issues. Just like any other product with inherent flaws, some people will experience them and other won't.

Guess you missed the post about the guy in a 2012 Fiesta who put over 700,000 miles on his car in three years. A DCT vehicle. He replaced the clutch-packs at 347,000 miles and at 545,000 miles. Not bad I say.

I thought the DCT was fine in the Fiesta, it's just the larger Focus that's having issues?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the DCT was fine in the Fiesta, it's just the larger Focus that's having issues?

The original design intent for the DCT was for vehicles in that weight class and with engine <1.6L.

To my knowledge, Ford is still the ONLY manufacturer of a DCT with a DRY clutch ! If Ford ever does a new DCT design, you can bet it will use wet clutches !

To my knowledge, Ford is still the ONLY manufacturer of a DCT with a DRY clutch ! If Ford ever does a new DCT design, you can bet it will use wet clutches !

VW Brand,Renault, Honda, Hyundai, and Fiat have DRY dual clutch transmissions.

Ford has a WET dual clutch used on the diesel engines

Edited by MKII