2017 Fusion SE vs. Fusion Titanium

blackbr

Wow, where do you live? I'm in the DC metro area and none of the dealers here has any 2017s. In fact, only one dealer has told me that they're even in production, let alone on the streets. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

He and I both live in Metro Detroit.

I live a few miles from the Dearborn test track. I've been seeing 2017 Fusions for months. PP builds mostly, haven't seen any on either of the dealer lots on my drive home from FRAP.

FRAP is no longer building Fusions. We stopped at the end of February. Any car sold in North America has pre production units shipped from whatever plant they're built at to the testing center in Dearborn.

Once in a while they send vehicles for foreign markets to Dearborn too. I've seen everything from the Chinese Taurus to Right hand drive Territory/Everest and Rangers driving around.

Yeah I thought I'd read that FRAP wasn't building them anymore-just surprised (and envious) to hear you guys are seeing the 2017s already-everything online (apart from FMC) is just a stock photo. My Lightning Blue model looks turquoise. Anyway, do they look good up close?

Edited by Stephen White

We get everything first in Detroit, although I mostly see GM stuff around me. The new Malibu is absolutely everywhere I look in Michigan, it's insane how instantly popular that car became and how quickly they stocked it. I still haven't seen the 2017 Escape around town, my Mom is picking up a 2016 at the end of the week and just missed the boat.

Edited by BORG

I've been playing with the Build and Price Tool.

An SE with the 2.0 engine, luxury package, tech package, and sunroof comes out to $29,575.

A Titanium with the sunroof comes out to $31,840.

For this $2,265 difference, all I can tell that you get with the Titanium is a sportier seat, a better stereo, and a better looking exhaust. That doesn't seem like a very good value... what else am I missing?

I believe the soft ceramic leather is more comfortable and luxurious than the SE leather.

The Titanium also gets factory fitted dynamic LED headlamps. On the SE you'll need to go aftermarket if you want better lamps.

The Titanium also gets factory fitted dynamic LED headlamps. On the SE you'll need to go aftermarket if you want better lamps.

Unless you purchase or order the 202A package. If all you want are upgraded headlamps, you don't have to spend the extra 4K or so for a Titanium.

Unless you purchase or order the 202A package. If all you want are upgraded headlamps, you don't have to spend the extra 4K or so for a Titanium.

Oh, seems like they updated the site. When I previously checked, the SE Luxury package didn't include the LED lamps. But now, it does!

Thanks for the info :)

Hi Stephen,

Yes, you are correct. Typo'd my sig... Now just wondering how long it will take to get here from Mexico. :future:

BTW did you see Ford now has individual TPMS on the Fusion? You can now check your tires' air pressure any time using the left side LCD screen. I tried it in a 2017 Platinum last week.

Should and are, sadly, aren't the same. I have a digital tire pressure gauge but it'll be nice to know every time I start the car, too.

What would be nice is to show the tire pressures at startup for a few seconds or to be able to set a warning at a much lower pressure drop (federal law is 25% or 9 lbs in most cases - I'd rather see a warning if it drops more than 3 lbs.)

What would be nice is to show the tire pressures at startup for a few seconds or to be able to set a warning at a much lower pressure drop (federal law is 25% or 9 lbs in most cases - I'd rather see a warning if it drops more than 3 lbs.)

I agree-the standard TPMS warning light is kind of a joke-once it gets to 25% you probably should have noticed the under inflated tire(s), anyway. I'm going to compare the car's tire pressure readout with my tire gauge. Supposedly the individual sensors are accurate to within 1 psi.

Akirby, are you suggesting you check your tire pressure prior to each time you drive your vehicle? I highly doubt that, but if you do, hats off to you. I do not, but I do periodically check them.

I've driven (not owned) other makes that show the offending tire, so why couldn't Ford? It isn't new technology.

No, I'm saying that once you get a low tire pressure warning you really should check all 4 since they're probably low too unless it's a fast leak in which case it will be obvious.

I don't know why Ford chose not to show individual tire pressures. They've had the data for a few years now.