Matching His-N-Hers Fiesta STs!

Last week my wife and I traded in her 2010 Focus SE (78K miles) and my 2013 C-MAX Hybrid (35K miles) for matching Fiesta STs! Mine is Magnetic, hers is Kona Blue. Both have the exact same options: Recaro seats, moonroof, navigation, and black wheels. Interesting quirk: the black wheels are supposed to come with red-painted brake calipers. Mine are red...hers are silver. Came that way from the factory, apparently!

These cars are insanely fun to drive. It's a tossable little go kart, and it definitely fills the "fast slow car" niche perfectly! We were waffling between the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, but many reviews held the FiST as far more fun to drive, and a test drive confirmed that.

So now we have four Fords, all with forced induction, and three of them are Ford Performance variants. Just need to replace the F-150 with a Raptor and we'll be 100% Performance! :)

post-32641-0-46194600-1473431147_thumb.jpg

post-32641-0-94583800-1473431157_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I may have made a tactical error.

I haven't driven my GT500 since we got the STs. Took it in to the dealer today to (finally) get the driver's side airbag recall taken care of. I have completely forgotten how to drive that car. The clutch force, release point, and everything about the pedal feel is completely different. I felt like a teenager going out to drive stick for the first time. Almost killed it a dozen times on the way to the dealer.

Plus, after two full weeks in the go-kart, the GT500 feels MASSIVE. Even with a Ford Racing suspension, it feels like an old Grand Marquis compared to the Fiesta's. (Okay, maybe a bit of exaggeration...but still!)

It's going to take a long time to be able to comfortably switch between these two cars. :)