Bill Ford steps down

jrod

Read "End of the Line" for the inside on how Boeing does business. They specialize on whipsawing entire nations, the carrot being the possibility that Boeing will allow the individual nations a slice of the pie, contracts to build major components for the aircraft they assemble in Washington. Japan builds engines, Boeing gets contracts for sales to JAL. Read the book, what may be good for the market is not necessarily good for UAW workers.

what may be good for the market is not necessarily good for UAW workers.

WOW :mellow:

That says everything I have been trying to say on these posts all in one sentence

of course I will still balst off azz hole remarks still but WOW, that sums it up

That says everything I have been trying to say on these posts all in one sentence

of course I will still balst off azz hole remarks still but WOW, that sums it up

It really caught me by surprise too as I'm sure it did with all of us. Time will tell whether it will be a good thing or not. My gut feeling is that it might not, guess we'll have to still sleep on the mattress made of nails until then............... :shrug:

What's good for the market is not only likely bad for the UAW, it's bad for Ford as well. Isn't that why Ford wants to take the company private?

9 OR 10 days away from the announcement from board of directors. Jr. will still be there

and the family still owns the majority stake. The buyouts are "baked in"....this guy wont have any affect

on the buyouts.

You are absolutelycorrect about the buyouts. This guy is just window dressing for the boys on Wall Street. They have calling for his ouster for a long time. It will help us who have a load of Ford Stock in our TESPHE accounts. When it hits $13 a share, I'm selling everything. I can't believe it will go much higher than that until the Ford family gives up its controlling share in the company. :titanic:

I hope this yields some exciting new cars that people can aspire to own and recognize as being Fords with Ford styling and engineering instead of the mish mash of design elements from discontinued import cars and the dependency on Volvo and Mazda for engineering platforms... Maybe we will see some updates on stale product instead of putting the same old mini-pads in new boxes...

Read "End of the Line" for the inside on how Boeing does business. They specialize on whipsawing entire nations, the carrot being the possibility that Boeing will allow the individual nations a slice of the pie, contracts to build major components for the aircraft they assemble in Washington. Japan builds engines, Boeing gets contracts for sales to JAL. Read the book, what may be good for the market is not necessarily good for UAW workers.

Our jobs are being lost, our plants are closing. How much worse can it get?

Is it better to be an unemployed ex UAW member or an employed worker in a revamped system that caters to the fact that we are entering a global economy?

If NUCOR Steel can flourish in the U.S so can the automotive industry but it will have to totally change the way it operates.

www.nucor.com

Edited by unionj

:shrug: does anyone remember back in January when Fields or Ford or one of the execs made a remark about treating Fomoco like a small business? Would that not mean that as an owner or manager of a "small business", you would actually show up to one of your "stores" to see what was going on? Anybody ever seen one of these guys unannounced? I mean, if you owned a McD's, wouldn't you check on the store? Why wouldn't one of these pampered geeks just show up and see what really goes on in the plant and not the flippin' board room.

Mark Fields is running the "Way backwards plan" The new guy will sit back and watch for a bit while Wild Bill and Fields continue to run this company into the ground.

CUT THAT CHECK!!! :speedie:

:blah: just get tired of hearing how jr. is going to "meet with or talk to employees" of fomoco. I doubt he could find his way to Norfolk, Atlanta, Louisville, or any other assembly plant without his assistant. :sos:

They can't keep a secret long enough to show up unannounced, besides they think like our government officials they want all security in place so nothing might happen to them. It is part of the "I'm better than you" mentallity.

face it.

You guys wouldn't be happy with ANYONE Bill hires.

bitch bitch bitch.

The guy finally does what you guys have been bitching for... and you're still not happy.

Looks like you're still going to have a job now. Boo fricking hoo. There are people that would give their left nut to have what you have.

face it.

You guys wouldn't be happy with ANYONE Bill hires.

bitch bitch bitch.

The guy finally does what you guys have been bitching for... and you're still not happy.

Looks like you're still going to have a job now. Boo fricking hoo. There are people that would give their left nut to have what you have.

Are left nuts usually smaller than the right ones? or vice versa? :shrug:

This is great news, finaly an engineer is going to run the show, not a bean counter. Mulally has excellent credentials and a track record of engineering competance. Maybe my ford stock will be worth something some day. Now if he has the balls to clear the decks of the old school good ol boy network of useless yes men in the glass house, and concentrate on plant floor efficiencies and new product developement.

Edited by TheScrutenizer

This is great news, finaly an engineer is going to run the show, not a bean counter. Mulally has excellent credentials and a track record of engineering competance. Maybe my ford stock will be worth something some day. Now if he has the balls to clear the decks of the old school good ol boy network of useless yes men in the glass house, and concentrate on plant floor efficiencies and new product developement.

that good ole boy network extends all the way down to the plants. They need to do a major house cleaning. Bill said the Company can be turned around but it won't happen without truthful infor coming from the plants. I just don't believe that he was getting the right information. Until we start worrying about quality and stop worrying about the numbers out the door nothing will change.

Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Mike