Latest from CAP

CAPDude

Talks about buyouts etc, nothing earth shattering but at least it is some communication from our local.

http://www.teamsolidarity.com/vol77.html

CUT THAT CHECK!

Thnx Capdude, but T.T. doesn't really like his communications posted for everyone to see. We notice this by his displeasure by an Indiana paper getting his writings.

I am not trying to offend you, but I think if the media wants his writings, they should ask him.

Needless to say, for those who have not had the opportunity to see what T.T. has written to inform us what is going on, it proves that even if we do not agree with him, he is a class act.

If all locals had such info, Ford would be a better place to reside in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Cap dude, I really mean no offense, and while I have no clue why T.T. does not want his more than reasonable writings known, he seems to think that no one but UAW workers will understand.

Personally I disagree, but will agree to his terms because he requests it, and thank him for not being like the others who tell their people nothing.

We are extremely lucky, as most of the people will atest to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnx Capdude, but T.T. doesn't really like his communications posted for everyone to see. We notice this by his displeasure by an Indiana paper getting his writings.

I am not trying to offend you, but I think if the media wants his writings, they should ask him.

Needless to say, for those who have not had the opportunity to see what T.T. has written to inform us what is going on, it proves that even if we do not agree with him, he is a class act.

If all locals had such info, Ford would be a better place to reside in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Cap dude, I really mean no offense, and while I have no clue why T.T. does not want his more than reasonable writings known, he seems to think that no one but UAW workers will understand.

Personally I disagree, but will agree to his terms because he requests it, and thank him for not being like the others who tell their people nothing.

We are extremely lucky, as most of the people will atest to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are lucky. If the UAW and management through out the company had thinkers like T.T. We wouldn't be in the mess we're in!! Edited by Frigeman

Right on.....T.T. for president!

:beerchug:

Great job T.T.!!! Your methods of dealing with the company and even with your international has forced the company to kick off a study to move the Chicago vehicles to another D platform plant, Oakville. You are also putting CSP at risk if the work is moved. Once again, thanks for giving your plant a black eye.

Just another company man getting mad. Don't worry, I would rather die fighting than hide in the corner til the end. No concessions unless we have guarantees.

:titanic:

There were work guarantees for D385 signed by Joe H. for both CAP & CSP. CSP accepted the guarantee as they had asked for. TT tore up the document that he had asked for in the first place. "All changes contingent on receiving the D385 work." By the sound of the latest communication, TT is warming up to the company proposal because it just isn't worth losing the facility.

I am a company man, aren't we all company men or women??

There were work guarantees for D385 signed by Joe H. for both CAP & CSP. CSP accepted the guarantee as they had asked for. TT tore up the document that he had asked for in the first place. "All changes contingent on receiving the D385 work." By the sound of the latest communication, TT is warming up to the company proposal because it just isn't worth losing the facility.

I am a company man, aren't we all company men or women??

Edited by Imawhosure

CSP will get alot more orders next year!! About 100,000 more.

The Tauras is selling about 15,000 per month for fleet orders when it goes away the 500 will take it's place.The Fusion is sold out so they cannot use it. they will also sell the Crown Vic also to fleets.

CSP will get alot more orders next year!! About 100,000 more.

The Tauras is selling about 15,000 per month for fleet orders when it goes away the 500 will take it's place.The Fusion is sold out so they cannot use it. they will also sell the Crown Vic also to fleets.

Umm, not from what everyone was told.

Ford has insisted the price be held up for resale by NOT fleeting more than 15% of the 500s.

Besides, if they were getting ready to fleet the heck out of them, they wouldn't be cutting production before the redesign.

As of now, the only saving grace for CAP and Chicago Heights is the Lincoln, but even that is not that big of a help. Company projections are estimating between 25000, and 50,000 annual units per for them. If we had that in our plant today, it STILL would not keep CAP on 8hrs year round without temporary layoffs mixed in, just less of them.

I am sure Ford is hoping that with the facelift, the new 3.5, and the Lincoln...........they can keep us reasonably busy. But they are certainly NOT that confident since production will still be cut.

From my way of thinking----------->if you read between the lines, that is a vote of NO confidence from Ford.

One of the largest interior models in the industry, good ride, good fuel economy, good quality reported even by JD Power, and yet it doesn't sell. Looks just as good as the Camry if not better. It is an anomally that most of us just can't understand. A vehicle that SHOULD do well in its segment of FWD midsize family sedans, and yet for some reason, it is just lethargic as heck in sales.

Without Ford defining to the public exactly what the 500 is intended to be, and who it is built for, it isn't going to get any better, any time soon!!!!!

Vehicles that do well in Fords stable------------>F-150, built FORD TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Fusion------------->HIP, stylish, BOLD!!!!!!

Mustang--------->Nostalgic, fast, fun to drive.

The 500?????????? How did they try and define it, and what kind of people did they suggest it was for? All they ever basically said was----------->new sedan from Ford Motor on the road ahead. Big Damn DEAL!!!!!!!!

Have you guys heard anything about the Freestyle? There has been rumors about a Mercury Model being based off it, but popluar rumor has it that it got canned. But then again we haven't seen any spy photos of a refreshed Freestyle either out there. But yet there has been spy photos of the Mercury verison that's supposity killed off.

Have you guys heard anything about the Freestyle? There has been rumors about a Mercury Model being based off it, but popluar rumor has it that it got canned. But then again we haven't seen any spy photos of a refreshed Freestyle either out there. But yet there has been spy photos of the Mercury verison that's supposity killed off.

Silvr,

We have heard the same things as you.

I do believe we built a few prototypes of the Mercury during the summer, but with the changes happening, who really knows if it will, or will not be offered to consumers!!!!

Yes, we did build quite a few new re-designed Freestyles also.

If we discount the rumors, all we can do is wait and see what Ford releases.

Although, logic says that if Ford does decide to release the Merc version, it won't be till they can have the 3.5, and would probably happen at the refresh of the 500 and Freestyle release. As of now, that is early next spring!!!!!

Ford has insisted the price be held up for resale by NOT fleeting more than 15% of the 500s.

Besides, if they were getting ready to fleet the heck out of them, they wouldn't be cutting production before the redesign.

As of now, the only saving grace for CAP and Chicago Heights is the Lincoln, but even that is not that big of a help. Company projections are estimating between 25000, and 50,000 annual units per for them. If we had that in our plant today, it STILL would not keep CAP on 8hrs year round without temporary layoffs mixed in, just less of them.

I am sure Ford is hoping that with the facelift, the new 3.5, and the Lincoln...........they can keep us reasonably busy. But they are certainly NOT that confident since production will still be cut.

From my way of thinking----------->if you read between the lines, that is a vote of NO confidence from Ford.

One of the largest interior models in the industry, good ride, good fuel economy, good quality reported even by JD Power, and yet it doesn't sell. Looks just as good as the Camry if not better. It is an anomally that most of us just can't understand. A vehicle that SHOULD do well in its segment of FWD midsize family sedans, and yet for some reason, it is just lethargic as heck in sales.

Without Ford defining to the public exactly what the 500 is intended to be, and who it is built for, it isn't going to get any better, any time soon!!!!!

Vehicles that do well in Fords stable------------>F-150, built FORD TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

The 500?????????? How did they try and define it, and what kind of people did they suggest it was for? All they ever basically said was----------->new sedan from Ford Motor on the road ahead. Big Damn DEAL!!!!!!!!

My wife has a 500 AWD. My son has 2 500 AWd's. I'm looking at one. They're one hell of a nice car! Should be selling alot of them.

Their going to sell something to the fleets and it's not gonna be the Fusion!! 500,Crown Vic, what's cheaper

, having down weeks or selling some 500's as fleets?? You know the answer.

I think they should make the Tauras at least 1 more year for fleet orders until the Ford Falcon is ready to go on line!! Chicago will get the Falcon, Australia still has it and it mirrors thr Tauras but it's a little bigger.

My wife has a 500 AWD. My son has 2 500 AWd's. I'm looking at one. They're one hell of a nice car! Should be selling alot of them.

I agree with you. Personally, I can't figure out the holdup except that Ford hasn't categorized what they believe to be this vehicles target.

Its kinda like the difference between a shotgun, and a rifle. With a shotgun approach, you are probably more likely to hit something, but with a rifle, you are more likely to get the desired result.

When I go to a gas station and see one getting fueled, I always try and ask how they like their car. We should all learn to expect if it was just purchased, the response is always, "I love it, greatest car I ever owned, etc."

But many of the people I have talked to have had them longer. Virtually all of them are still extremely pleased with many a nice thing to say; but to me, the most revealing thing they say is-------------->I didn't even realize Ford had this till I went to the dealer.

That should tell all of us the state of Fords advertising prowess; at least in this vehicles instance.

A product needs a reason for being, and if it resides with other products, it needs to be explained who needs it, and why they should want it; this particular version of the product. Just to produce it doesn't mean that someone is going to buy it.

It is a sad state of affairs when an automaker creates a more than decent vehicle, then not only does not define it, but doesn't even attempt to define the vehicles base target audience.

By the way, thnx to you and your family members for buying one or more of our vehicles. We in Chicago are happy to have built it for you and yours, and express our desire that they serve you for many, many, trouble free miles in the years to come.

Its Called NO ADVERTISEMENT. 500 commercials were worse than the styling!! Even worse than the 500's commercials, was the freestyle's. I remember seeing a commercial with surfers folding the front seat down and putting a surfboard inside. Would a surfer drive a freestyle?? NO!! Instead of marketing it as a minivan replacement, we get beaches. How many states even have a coast. That's besides the point. How many surfers drive, or would want to buy a freestyle?

The advertising campaigns are letting all of us down. I just saw Lincoln's latest commercial, and they were flashinh all of the models so fast that you couldn't even see them, what is the point?