Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ok so I was able to get into the order system, my browser was the problem. My theory was proven wrong so I'm not going to share what it was. I do have one question, did you order any stripes or graphics packages?

2020 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Premium

No stripes or graphics.

1FATP8UH9L5185671_WS (Canada).pdf

59 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm wondering if they reinspected it for a recall or TSB. Wasn't there something about Mustang brake pedals not that long ago? 

I think so but can't find the TSB or Delivery Hold notice at FMCDealer without the number. Trying to find anything at the site using the search function is like an effort in futility!

1 hour ago, Steve74 said:

So has this recall been extended to include vehicles built in October? I thought that this was only affected vehicles that were built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant from March 4, 2019, to Aug. 13, 2020.

I don't know. All I could access is the image I posted. I don't have access to the actual TSB's, etc. 

2 hours ago, Steve74 said:

So has this recall been extended to include vehicles built in October? I thought that this was only affected vehicles that were built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant from March 4, 2019, to Aug. 13, 2020.

Where are you getting the October information from?  Attached is the updated brake pedal recall.

HRG

Mustang brake pedal RCMN-20V573-7460.pdf

1 hour ago, Steve74 said:

Just had an update from my dealer, who now says the delay is because of a lack of railcars.

Could this be true or just the dealer trying to fob me off?

It's probably true. It's been an issue for YEARS and now with automakers trying to replenish dealers after inventory ran super low during the covid shutdown its gotten worse. I live near there and I've noticed the yard has been rather empty in the section car transporters are usually held, which is right along Vreeland Rd. if you’re looking at google earth. There's a smaller spur that crosses the road and runs parallel to Hall Rd. and goes to the south loading ramp (which is on the FRAP complex itself) that usually has a couple of strings of cars parked on the sidings and those sidings have been empty more often than not. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve74 said:

Just had an update from my dealer, who now says the delay is because of a lack of railcars.

Could this be true or just the dealer trying to fob me off?

This goes back to my original reply and the lower volume of vehicles being shipped to Canada. And FRAP has a long history of shipping delays. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most companies run 'just-in-time' to minimize supply chain cost.  Not just automakers.  When COVID hit, railcars and containers were arriving and no one was there to unload them and/or gov't restrictions required 30 days dwell.  They end up piling up in one spot and become 'storage'.  For each one used as 'storage' is one less that can be used to move goods.  We're honestly a good 12-18 months from being back in balance globally.  

Edited by chrisholland03

On 12/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, chrisholland03 said:

Most companies run 'just-in-time' to minimize supply chain cost.  Not just automakers.  When COVID hit, railcars and containers were arriving and no one was there to unload them and/or gov't restrictions required 30 days dwell.  They end up piling up in one spot and become 'storage'.  For each one used as 'storage' is one less that can be used to move goods.  We're honestly a good 12-18 months from being back in balance globally.  

Assuming the government doesn't shut things down again, which is a very real possibility. 

• 2 weeks later...