Production Numbers

slumlord

Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jun-18-2018 )

Thanks for the updated status. Will this be replaced by a specific date as it gets closer? Also, is there any indication why the build is so far out? Build is projected to be 12 weeks from when the order was placed. At what point is a vin# assigned? -Much appreciated.

Th

thanks for the help fuzzy, still not here on 4-15. Sigh 5LMJJ3LT6JEL06495

In Transit Received - (Moore Transport Of Tulsa, Llc ) Ramp 2M, Lordstown, OH

ETA April 20-26

Seriously, call your dealer. Its been sitting there for almost a month now. They need to get in contact with the zone manager because that delay is absolutely unacceptable. Raise hell too, they need to give you something for the excess wait time. It was built February 27th and released for shipping March 5th. You should have it by now.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Thanks for the updated status. Will this be replaced by a specific date as it gets closer? Also, is there any indication why the build is so far out? Build is projected to be 12 weeks from when the order was placed. At what point is a vin# assigned? -Much appreciated.

You have a VIN assigned when its scheduled. I wasn't paying attention when I made my last update. I probably just woke up when I checked.

VIN: 5LMJJ2LT3JEL14323

As to why its scheduled so far in advance, that's just how they do it is the best answer I can give you. Kentucky Truck is one of the busiest plants ford has.

You will get a more specific date probably 2-3 weeks prior to production

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

You have a VIN assigned when its scheduled. I wasn't paying attention when I made my last update. I probably just woke up when I checked.

VIN: 5LMJJ2LT3JEL14323

As to why its scheduled so far in advance, that's just how they do it is the best answer I can give you. Kentucky Truck is one of the busiest plants ford has.

You will get a more specific date probably 2-3 weeks prior to production

Thanks again

Very nice now but this winter (I use the term loosly) it actually dusted us with some snowflakes which stuck for a few hours in the shade.

We also had couple days with temps in high teens ... didnt get above freezing for 2 days (very unusual)! ... but having grown up in Illinois I know what you mean ?.

Now your just rubbing it in, lol.

They should have called you that day, or at latest the next day. Pre delivery prep only takes an hour or 2.

Well, apparently there are issues. . . GRRRRR. . .

I called today and they said there is a dent in the rear side bumper and some sort of grease in the headliner and on the seatbelt in the rear (we ordered the Chalet interior). They said they don't know how long it will take them to come to a conclusion on how to proceed???

I may be overreacting, but this does not give me much confidence in the build quality already. . .

I called today and they said there is a dent in the rear side bumper and some sort of grease in the headliner and on the seatbelt in the rear (we ordered the Chalet interior). They said they don't know how long it will take them to come to a conclusion on how to proceed???

I may be overreacting, but this does not give me much confidence in the build quality already. . .

The dent on the bumper probably happened during shipping. No way it left the plant that way, thats too obvious.

As for the grease on the seatbelt and headliner, Im guessing could have literally happened at any time.

Hopefully they get it resolved for you quickly. I wouldnt worry about build quality based on some smudges of grease though. Chances are somewhere along the way someone handling it was being careless and didnt notice. I highly doubt it happened in the plant. Jobs like that usually arent done around other jobs that have grease or other lubricants involved.

• Like 1

The dent on the bumper probably happened during shipping. No way it left the plant that way, thats too obvious.

As for the grease on the seatbelt and headliner, Im guessing could have literally happened at any time.

Hopefully they get it resolved for you quickly. I wouldnt worry about build quality based on some smudges of grease though. Chances are somewhere along the way someone handling it was being careless and didnt notice. I highly doubt it happened in the plant. Jobs like that usually arent done around other jobs that have grease or other lubricants involved.

Thanks for the insight. I too hope they can take care of it quickly.

Stuff like this is incredibly common across all manufacturers, and most of the time dealers don't even bother telling the customer about it and just take care of it behind the scenes. It actually is a good mark that your dealership 'fessed up to you about it.

• Like 1

Stuff like this is incredibly common across all manufacturers, and most of the time dealers don't even bother telling the customer about it and just take care of it behind the scenes. It actually is a good mark that your dealership 'fessed up to you about it.

Only after he called and told him he knew it was there since last Thursday, otherwise they probably would have just fixed it quietly and called later this week to say it's ready for pickup.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

Thanks. Great point. I'm always happy to look at the glass as half full.

Here are a couple pictures they just sent me. The seatbelt is pretty bad and makes me wonder where/how that actually happened.

The bumper is hard to tell what the actual issue is in the picture. There seems to be a wavy portion to it...doesn't look like a dent in the pic. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I love having this forum where we can trade information and ideas.

post-58167-0-36061800-1523897636_thumb.jpeg

post-58167-0-74822700-1523897643_thumb.jpeg

Only after he called and told him he knew it was there since last Thursday, otherwise they probably would have just fixed it quietly and called later this week to say it's ready for pickup.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I personally dont have a problem with it whether they told me about it and fixed it or kept it an extra week and without me knowing it.

Thanks. Great point. I'm always happy to look at the glass as half full.

Here are a couple pictures they just sent me. The seatbelt is pretty bad and makes me wonder where/how that actually happened.

The bumper is hard to tell what the actual issue is in the picture. There seems to be a wavy portion to it...doesn't look like a dent in the pic. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I love having this forum where we can trade information and ideas.

The seatbelt believe it or not isnt that big of a deal. They will probably just replace the whole thing assuming they can get the part in reasonably quickly. Same with the headliner if it comes down to it, but they might try steam cleaning it or something first.

As for the bumper youre right its very hard to tell. Not sure what can/will be done to fix that without replacing the whole thing.

At least you wont have to pay for it, though it sucks having to wait longer knowing its right there.

The seatbelt believe it or not isnt that big of a deal. They will probably just replace the whole thing assuming they can get the part in reasonably quickly. Same with the headliner if it comes down to it, but they might try steam cleaning it or something first.

As for the bumper youre right its very hard to tell. Not sure what can/will be done to fix that without replacing the whole thing.

At least you wont have to pay for it, though it sucks having to wait longer knowing its right there.

They just wrote me to say they are trying to figure out how to fix the bumper without having to "repaint the whole thing". Ugh, seriously?? Body work on a brand new car?

What would you all do in this situation on a $100k+ car?

They just wrote me to say they are trying to figure out how to fix the bumper without having to "repaint the whole thing". Ugh, seriously?? Body work on a brand new car?

What would you all do in this situation on a $100k+ car?

Let them attempt a repair and if you're not 100% satisified then ask them to replace it. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Let them attempt a repair and if you're not 100% satisified then ask them to replace it. Shouldn't be a problem.

Good point.

My concern is aftermarket painting on a metallic white car usually yellows differently in the sun, etc. They'll no doubt use a local body shop which I'm not sure I'd be good with.

I would be worried you wouldn't notice the changes until it has been in the sun a while.

Do you think it is unreasonable to ask them to get a factory painted bumper?

Good point.

My concern is aftermarket painting on a metallic white car usually yellows differently in the sun, etc. They'll no doubt use a local body shop which I'm not sure I'd be good with.

I would be worried you wouldn't notice the changes until it has been in the sun a while.

Do you think it is unreasonable to ask them to get a factory painted bumper?

No issue with sun or fading. Sometimes the factory bumpers are actually worse because some are painted in a different location.

I even did a touch up on our white platinum tri-coat Edge rear hatch with 3 part spray cans and blended it in and it looked great - and I am not a professional.

Let them try the repair and if it looks good now it's fine.