Raj Nair Leaves Ford

These are not just accusations. There is almost always some type of evidence - text messages, emails, etc. Terminating someone - especially an executive - without evidence is too risky.

I agree in this case. There is a disturbing trend of anonymous accusations lately. Just being accused shouldn't be enough to end a career but sadly it is.

Citation needed.

Here's one that pops into mind. So far all accusers are anonymous but the damage is done. https://www.narcity.com/news/canadian-band-hedley-are-being-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-young-fans

We've also recently lost a well respected political party leader with some very questionable and unproven accusations. He is now suing the CBC and will likely go after others before he is done but his politcal career is in the crapper. https://www.google.ca/search?q=patrick+brown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=-hOTWtHCHsndjwTBgqT4CA

Edited by bluetoy

I agree it’s possible, but 4 of Brown’s staff resigned - that tells me they have reason to believe the accusers.

As for the band behaving badly with female fans - I don’t think anybody is shocked about that. And why would that many people make up those stories?

These are not just accusations. There is almost always some type of evidence - text messages, emails, etc. Terminating someone - especially an executive - without evidence is too risky.

Yes sir. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Nair publicly blamed customers who experienced PowerShift transmission failures in Focus in Fiesta models. He also tried to explain away the fuel economy ratings discrepancy with C-Max Hybrid a few years ago by saying Ford designed C-Max to be sporty or something stupid like that. Evidence of this was all over the media.

As such it wasn't just one incident with Nair. He probably did other things that caused grief for his superiors, beyond mishandling the PowerShift and C-Max Hybrid issues. Hackett probably didn't want to take any chances of Nair embarrassing Ford any further.

Edited by rperez817

I don't thinks so, this is a high flier being groomed for CEO crashing and burning, not someone teetering on the edge.

Ford wouldn't pay a senior VP a $5 million retention bonus if those past issues you mentioned were in fact issues to Ford,

he was probably just parroting off the company line.His dismissal was due to inappropriate actions, plain an simple and

he admitted as much himself.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Yes sir. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Nair publicly blamed customers who experienced PowerShift transmission failures in Focus in Fiesta models. He also tried to explain away the fuel economy ratings discrepancy with C-Max Hybrid a few years ago by saying Ford designed C-Max to be sporty or something stupid like that. Evidence of this was all over the media.

As such it wasn't just one incident with Nair. He probably did other things that caused grief for his superiors, beyond mishandling the PowerShift and C-Max Hybrid issues. Hackett probably didn't want to take any chances of Nair embarrassing Ford any further.

Exactly! A person such as him that puts the blame on the customers instead of taking responsibility for your products should've been fired on the spot! I think that both Nair and Fields played possum under the leadership of Mullaly and to support this idea I'll quote an excerpt from Jalopnik from when Fields was fired:

"The shakeup is a result of Executive Chairman Bill Ford and the rest of the board losing confidence in Fields’ leadership, according to people familiar with the board’s thinking. Fields replaced Alan Mulally in mid-2014, but lacked his predecessor’s ability to rally employees around a common mission or to make critical decisions about the company’s strategy.“Without Alan, it’s back to the inmates running the asylum,” said one insider.

I think if their is one regret is that Mullaly should've done a better job of snuffing out these two bone heads when he had the chance. Yes its possible that it was sexual misconduct but my theory is that Raj Nair was perhaps a pushover....someone that intimidated other managers and employees to get things done his way.

Edited by xander7
  • Like 1

That's not the definition of a pushover (someone who bends to other's will) , I think you mean a standover merchant ( bully / narcissist.)

No, I think this was more of a personal issue in the line of what Hollywood had exposed , that's why Ford hired investigators.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

my theory is that Raj Nair was perhaps a pushover....someone that intimidated other managers and employees to get things done his way.

I agree xander7 sir. A person like Raj Nair who is so quick to blame others including customers for his mistakes at Ford is very likely to harass and threaten colleagues who called him out. That's most likely the "inappropriate behavior" that was mentioned in the Ford press release.

I think you mean a standover merchant ( bully / narcissist.)

Yes sir jpd80, there's no doubt Nair was a bully and a narcissist! As xander7 mentioned he should have booted from Ford when Mulally was still there, but better late than never.

I agree it’s possible, but 4 of Brown’s staff resigned - that tells me they have reason to believe the accusers.

As for the band behaving badly with female fans - I don’t think anybody is shocked about that. And why would that many people make up those stories?

No one is doubting that the band was doing the rock and roll thing. The fact is their accusers are anonymous. Patrick Brown has denied all the accusations, has not been formally charged and has proof that at least some of them are false. If you carefully read the accusations they are questionable at best. He is now one of the favorites to be re-elected party leader. His accusations come at a very suspicious time as well. There is a provincial election in the next few months and the opposing party stands to lose large to him.

Edited by bluetoy

Can't wait for the run up to November. With the current climate it should get interesting to say the least. At some point no one is going to be willing to risk their career and reputation to try for any type of political office or position of power, political or otherwise. Anyone can be a target or an accuser and it doesn't even have to be true.