Buyouts Announced

Lwoodbluz

Buyout  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking a Buyout now that they have been announced?

• Yes, I'm Signing Up
    • No, I'm No Signing Up
    • Maybe, Still Undecided
    • I'm hoping to Transfer

If what is posted as UAW is real, it is a real let down. REALLY! Looks like they are only targeting those with 30+. The rest of us, if $63k after taxes gets you to your next life goal - good for you! If you have a job waiting, free money...............if not be careful it will go fast. Looks like Ford doesn't want us gone that badly, we must be valued more than GM!

If what is posted as UAW is real, it is a real let down. REALLY! Looks like they are only targeting those with 30+. The rest of us, if $63k after taxes gets you to your next life goal - good for you! If you have a job waiting, free money...............if not be careful it will go fast. Looks like Ford doesn't want us gone that badly, we must be valued more than GM!

No it will be less than $63k because if your read the package right they are also going to take out for medical.

No it will be less than $63k because if your read the package right they are also going to take out for medical.

No, if you read it correctly, you receive the 100k lump sum minus taxes. You also receive medical, minus dental and vision, for six months. After the six months you may purchase cobra if you so choose.

Now that you've seen the 8 Buyout Packages, Are you staying or going?

If you are staying what plant are you at and how many years?

I'm at KTP and 7 years, still undecided.

Indianapolis, 20 years, pipefitter, undecided; I'd like more info on flowback. Such as: if you sign-up, are you guaranteed a job at a Ford plant? Will you have a choice of plants? I'm sure we'll learn more in the weeks ahead.

Well we will just see how much more valued you are at contract time, or when the $ runs out of sub and gen. If your going to ride it out hope you have a job lined up it may be a rough 10 years. :shrug: :shrug:

Where are all the "cut that check" guys. Don'y get quite now. Let us all know the big plans for the 60,000 guys. No vasoline.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Stor...amp;siteid=yhoo CUT THAT CHECK HAS BOUNCED. 60.000 for school. 27323 *4=over 110.000 same as bs 100,000+ 4yr med dental 8000*4=32000 College Degree Priceless Total monetary compensation over 200.000. HEY MA I Just got a full ride to state wit a booster for the family.

I will take one please TPM Coordinator / Millwright at AAP, 49 years old with 30 years senority. Just not sure what one yet. Either option #1 or #5 depending on how the retirement portion works for #5. I can pick up insurance through my wife's work. If I can start drawing retirement immediately after the plant closes then #5 if not then #1. The current wording on option #5 is sort of vague about when you can start drawing your pension and if the the Social Security enhancement will remain. Guess we at AAP will find out more Tuesday and Wednesday of next week when our packages are presented to us. Either way I'm just ready to move on to another phase in my life.

I'm a welder at NAP. Will take buyout, but not sure which one. My chances of a transfer are very slim, since they want to cut out the welders all together. Still not sure what the eligibility dates are. And it says that the termination takes place from Jan 1 through Sept 1. Does that mean that they tell you when to go, or you can decide what date you go?

:shrug: Not sure what to do I'm laid off from Batavia Transmission Plant, and I only have 2 years senority. Right now I'm getting SUB and after 46 weeks should be in GEN bank. Batavia Plant is closing the doors/or Idle not sure by 2008, maybe sooner now. It was announced earlier this year in January.

after taxes on 100K is what like 60k? i can sit home and take the unemployment/sub/ and keep my benefits until contract expires in a year. how a guy with 10 years can get 140k and a guy that is 49 with 20 only can get 100 is totally insane. and these are the guys running the ship. im never seen a business model that is all about closing plants and paying people to leave. why not take all this :censored: money they have spent and are spending on this nonsense and design something that looks like it was made after 1985!!!

This is what Card Shark posted in another thread.

Here's the lowdown on the $100,000 payout after taxes. I know because a friend of mine received his check and showed me the stub and this is how it breaks down:

[/b]THIS IS BROKEN DOWN ON A SINGLE ZERO W-2 WITH NO DEPENDANTS AS WELL AS STATE OF MICHIGAN INCOME TAX RATE APPLIED. (NO CITY/MUNICIPAL TAX SHOWN) YOUR SITUATION AND/OR STATE WILL VARY!

$100,000.00 Total Gross (Special Payment)

FICA- $3,894.80

Medicare- $1,450.00

Federal $25,000.00 (OUCH!)

Michigan $3,900.00

NET AMOUNT: $65,755.20

In check form and not, I repeat NOT DIRECT DEPOSIT.

Hope the information that I typed helps in your decision and I wish you good luck!

Now that you've seen the 8 Buyout Packages, Are you staying or going?

If you are staying what plant are you at and how many years?

I'm at KTP and 7 years, still undecided.

I'm at Batavia trans. and 6 years, want to transfer...not sure if that is possible with 6 yrs. ...if not, college here I come.

What a complete joke. My guess is Wall street is gonna be pretty pissed off when they hear this because it means Ford either isn't serious, or as most of us already know Ford doesn't have a clue !

Conventional wisdom along with The Wizard was that Ford wanted to get a higher "take rate" on the 0-19 yr seniority people and being that their workforce is younger than GM's, again conventional wisdom, ( "wisdom" now there's a word you don't hear to often in the same topic with Ford ) it was felt Ford would have to sweeten the pot from GM's offer of 140 k . Instead they go BACKWARD !

It would seem to mean one of three things to me at first glance, that being either ,

1) Ford Management is stupid and has no clue or...

2) The Union is stupid and has no clue or.....

3) Ford thinks WE are stupid and have no clue.... and that ....

4) All of the above means we all better duck

Sadly I think whatever is behind door number 4 has already been chosen for us.

Also, I couldn't agree more that this seems to benefit primarily higher seniority people who are ready to retire anyway.

It makes no sense because with the unsavory changes coming to our futures as UAW autoworkers both in pay benefits and work rules, hell a majority of high seniority people would retire anyway at 30 years so this all just plain makes no sense.

Oh well, I work at Ford, ( for now anyway ) I should be used to things not making sense by now.

For the record and to answer the question, I have 14 years seniority and no I won't be taking a buyout. I work at Cleveland Engine plant 2 and they'll need an act of congress or a pink slip to get me out of there.

Just this hillbillies opinion....