Anyone else feel screwed?

TCAPGUY

I know $100,000 is alot of money and that is not my major complaint. We have the same union as the guys at General Motors, do we not? Why is it that they were offered $140,000 across the board, but the only people at Ford that can recieve that amount have to have 10 years in and be 55 years old or have 30 years in. Why are we worth less than our other union brothers and sisters. Every major media outlet and business news outlet was saying for weeks that Ford was going to have to offer $140,000 or more to get the UAW to agree to this, but somehow the union has been able to agree to less. Just sounds a little unfair and weak on our unions part. Sounds like the UAW has found a way to short change us one last time on the way out the door. :shrug:

I know $100,000 is alot of money and that is not my major complaint. We have the same union as the guys at General Motors, do we not? Why is it that they were offered $140,000 across the board, but the only people at Ford that can recieve that amount have to have 10 years in and be 55 years old or have 30 years in. Why are we worth less than our other union brothers and sisters. Every major media outlet and business news outlet was saying for weeks that Ford was going to have to offer $140,000 or more to get the UAW to agree to this, but somehow the union has been able to agree to less. Just sounds a little unfair and weak on our unions part. Sounds like the UAW has found a way to short change us one last time on the way out the door. :shrug:

No, business news was saying that ford would have to up the money over 140K, but they didn't. Ford really screwed up. They will not get the numbers to take this buyout. I don't think the union is to blame. I think Ford believes that the hourly worker is that stupid to take the buyout. What is ford going to do after only 10 percent take buyout? Have a second buyout?

No, business news was saying that ford would have to up the money over 140K, but they didn't. Ford really screwed up. They will not get the numbers to take this buyout. I don't think the union is to blame. I think Ford believes that the hourly worker is that stupid to take the buyout. What is ford going to do after only 10 percent take buyout? Have a second buyout?

I don't think this is Ford, this smells like the union's doing. Think about it, if only 10% to 15% take the buyout, look how many more people stay employed and all the membership dues they will collect. If they would have offered $140,000 look at all the members they would have lost a lot sooner.

Maybe thats their real intent, they hope they won't have to pay the money out. Contract is up after '07 no GEN, what the hell it LOOKS good but won't cost because only a small number will take it, then 6mos to year they will just let us go saying we had our chance. And the U.A.W. can claim they did their best.

Maybe thats their real intent, they hope they won't have to pay the money out. Contract is up after '07 no GEN, what the hell it LOOKS good but won't cost because only a small number will take it, then 6mos to year they will just let us go saying we had our chance. And the U.A.W. can claim they did their best.

GEN is not going anywhere. The language may change, but it will still be in place.

While I do agree that $100k is just a little disappointing I also feel blessed because

I know the reality is that if we were in almost any other line of business we would be

kicked to the curb with very little or nothing to show for it.

I was a chef for 20 years before Ford and I have been through alot worse than this.

I personally have seen freinds and collegues who have come to work at a restaurant only

to find out the bastards closed up overnight and locked the doors....then their last paycheck BOUNCED !

THAT is as real as it gets !

I believe that as FORD / UAW workers we should be counting our blessings that we will at least have

some amount of money to help us overcome this displacement.

If one is frugal and invests it wisely, whether it be in an education, new or expansion of business, or like me

physically relocate to pursue other opportunities we all should remember that we live in the greatest country on earth for pursuing and achieving almost whatever your heart desires !

We are truely blessed to be Americans and to be Ford/UAW employees at a time like this.

It is up to you, and only you, to take this opportunity....and YES I believe it IS an OPPORTUNITY and make the most of it whatever that mean for each of us.

The way I see it we all have 2 distinct choices now:

1. Become bitter, jealous, and self defeating and let this take you down......OR

2. In the true sense of the American entrepreneur grab this OPPORTUNITY, work your ass off and make

it pay off for yourself and your family in many mulitples of success.

You either let this be the final blow that puts you on the mat or you suck it up, rise up, dust yourself off,

and comback to win !

I am going for #2 by relocating to Texas to pursue another opportunity.

I have been planning for this since Easter when they announced on NAP. :slap:

Hey NAP...dont let them win guys !

We were the very best in the world at what we did !

Now is your time to prove it once again by taking this OPPORTUNITY and making it happen for you amd

your family.

Nobody is going to hold your hand, its up to you.....

Here's hoping and praying that God brings everyone the desires of their heart as we move on without Ford.

I raise a glass of Champagne to each of you !

GO FOR IT...AND DONT LET ANYONE STOP YOU UNTIL YOU SUCCEED !!! :cheerleader:

PEACE :rockon:

Did anyone notice that they also screwed the new retirees? When Gm offered the buyouts they retroed it to Oct. 2005, Ford only till Sept. 1, 2006. Why didn't they retro it farther back like Gm did? :censored:

I'm not a tax expert, but all the money you pay in taxes with your buyout, wouldnt you get alot of it back at tax time in Feb. or Mar...which ever month you file........ :shrug:

Getting 100,000 with other income you'd be in the highest tax bracket so you'd owe federal and state taxes not sure what percentage bracket you are in, maybe 28%, however the Social Security and Medicare stops after 90,000.00 so if they take that out of 100,000, you would only be responsible to social security and medicare on the first 90,000 and would get additional money paid in to this back.

GM's deal never gave $140,000 across the board, only to those with more than 10 years.

Here is the part from the GM buyout:

Under the plan, certain employees will be offered a $35,000 lump-sum payment to retire and 5,000 UAW-represented employees at Delphi will be able to return to GM through the end of September 2007, Delphi said.

Workers with a minimum of 10 years service at either company will be offered buyouts of $140,000, as well as accrued pension benefits, but would forgo all other benefits. Workers with less than 10 years have access to a $70,000 buyout, the UAW said.

The plan will be offered immediately and is a critical part of GM’s plan to cut 30,000 U.S. jobs by 2008 and Delphi’s effort to emerge from bankruptcy next year. It also greatly reduces the chance of a strike at Delphi, which would hamper GM immediately.

Hell yeah, we got screwed. We got the same union as gm but we got a lesser amount? Then the age thing, now i hear thats a typo its suppose to be 50 yrs and ten yrs senority. The news media know we got screwed too. I just left AAP(day off) the reporter asked the same questions we are asking each other about the money and what is up with the age thing. Well the interview was cut short when the rent a cops showed up and someone from Hr told them to leave. Then dude from Hr walk away and the reporter was talking to the rental cop and the guy from Hr came back and told the rental to call the cops on the news media. I told them they better leave cause Hapeville PD work for Ford Motor Company so you guys better haul ass out of here and they did just that. To me this new plan sucks too!! I thought they wanted to get rid of people, this whole new plan just stinks too me. Anyway, be of luck to all of you!!!!! Thats for real!!! Atlanta is now on the count down and we hope we go down sooner than plan. And thanks you FORD for atleast giving me something most companies wont. But im still piss cause ATL is your top plant and we should have gotten a damn car!!!!!!! :titanic:

i heard 2 people yesterday that hired in with visteon and are now ford say they were taking the 100k, they didnt get screwed, only 2 yrs invested in the company and they can go back to their other jobs with 2 or 3 years worth of pay to sit on.

What makes you think our old jobs are still there?

I'm with you IRONSIDE!!! I don't care what ANYONE says the GEN pool is GONE in the next contract!!!! They can't be competitive with the imports with shit like this; it's just good business sense to do away with it.

they will change the language but GEN will still be there---thats a promise!

Well so much for buy-outs...........there are approx.150/200 former steel div.workers in the rouge plant that would love to have had a package of some sort thrown their way.Looks like they'll all be there till most of them are in their mid-sixties.You'd have thought that Ford would have wanted them to leave considering their age and the time most of them have to work to get their 30yrs.in. So instead some of the younger workers who'd like to stay may be forced out...............STUPID???.....Leave it to the better idea people.

Absolutely correct. This is the unions doing. They should have DEMANDED equal compensation to what GM got or there is nothing to talk about. I work at TCAP, we are going to be down to one shift starting in December and shut down by mid 2007. Even if we do make it longer, when contract time is up we are going to get nothing. We are being forced to choose between this or nothing. You would be an idiot if you were in my shoes not to take the buyout. Apparently to our union I am worth less then a GM employee even though I pay the same dues as them. The union is to blame for even accepting this lesser offer.

well I can tell you this, at the Rawsonville plant, I have not heard of anyone taking the buyout, I am sure there will be some, but the high seniority employees are not going to take it. I thought they were going to offer $140.000 across the board, at GM if you had over 10 years you were eligible.

Also the AHC employee's are the only one being allowed to transfer to other facilities, with all of the opening coming up why not all flowback oppurtunities, to anyone wanting one. I have 18 years and cannot go to school for 50% or 70%, they should have come up with some reduced retirement packages if they truly wanted to get people to leave. They will not get 30,000 employees to take this package.

Actually I think TCAP is going to one shift in the 1st quater of 2007.

That aside I will tell you what is bugging me. I read the section where someone with 30 years can take either $35,000 with their medical and everything in tote, or $140,000 to screw themselves out of medical. When someone is entering the twilight years of their lives is when thetypically need the medical insurance most. I think it is in no way in the best interest of the people that UAW is suppose to be looking out for to negotiate this option, who does it benifit? If someones spouse has a job who has solid benifits it could be a huge bonus but how many fall into that catagory? I say not many. So who is this for?

What if you work at the International and have your 30 years in with the company and the years needed to be eligable for the speacil retirement that they get in addition to us? Could those people take our retirement and the $140,000 and also the retirement with benifits from their years (5 years?) in the International UAW? I'll bet they can so now let me ask again... Who is this really for? Who really gets the $140,000? The people who are selling us down the river? I think so.

well I can tell you this, at the Rawsonville plant, I have not heard of anyone taking the buyout, I am sure there will be some, but the high seniority employees are not going to take it. I thought they were going to offer $140.000 across the board, at GM if you had over 10 years you were eligible.

Also the AHC employee's are the only one being allowed to transfer to other facilities, with all of the opening coming up why not all flowback oppurtunities, to anyone wanting one. I have 18 years and cannot go to school for 50% or 70%, they should have come up with some reduced retirement packages if they truly wanted to get people to leave. They will not get 30,000 employees to take this package.

They don't have to get 30k to leave, they just need to throw a decent offer on the table and hold out until 07, as long as the analyists back off for a while they are OK

I know of a few ol' timers that have spouses with medical....they are gone!

$140,000 and a full pension. Good for them. Some of you just do not get it. Ford does not have to offer a dime to any of us. GM had 8,000 people in GEN and more $$$ to throw around. It's apples and oranges....Ford is giving atleast $100,000 to everyone. GM only $70,000 to -10 year employees. Ford is also giving educational choices, GM did not. Believe me, I am a little bummed....would have loved $140,000....but it ain't in the cards. And for those of you who think they will come back with a revised buyout plan :finger: WAKE UP! You don't take it and you plant closes.....they gave you an opportunity and you hung on too long. GEN will be gone or completely gutted. ACH people....Alot of them thought....FORD FOR LIFE was true and they had double secret memos to save them.....It is Ford For Life (of the contract). ACH will probably be taking the offers. Flow back? Not sure how....they will mix in with those from Wixom,TCAP,NAP and others that are closing. Good luck to all.....