Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Sign in to follow this  
Decker

It`s Gettin Close

Recommended Posts

Retirement Incentive, New Product Promises, Medical Mariwanna Coverage, Extended FMLA annnnd Signing Bonuses!!!!!

I want my singing money :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford should want me to get a signing bonus, I need it to help pay some debts so I can buy a new car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that. I just bought the best Focus ever, you guys did a great job. I am temped to buy another. Stabol in the tank and blocks in the old barn. Four grand rebate and a "this is the best we can get" signing bonus and I`ll be getting another brand new two year old unit. If there's another 2018 hid out in some storage lot.  Hard to get ahold the no Ford sedans....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me Mr Decker retirement incentives are coming LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone waiting for a 6 figure buyout is going to be waiting for a long time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Anyone waiting for a 6 figure buyout is going to be waiting for a long time 

it's 2019 anything less would be an insult to anyone with 15+. besides "buyouts" are so 2010 today we call it early separation packages with  retirement incentives. Anyone with 8 yr or less will want them to before those white collar cuts turn blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the union couldn't negate more than $70k in 2015 when things were good and sales looked to be increasing, what makes you think that 4 years later when the industry has at best plateaued and the company is restructuring they could negotiate a bigger incentive? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things are looking less than stellar, the company has more incentive to reduce its workforce through separation packages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If the union couldn't negate more than $70k in 2015 when things were good and sales looked to be increasing, what makes you think that 4 years later when the industry has at best plateaued and the company is restructuring they could negotiate a bigger incentive? 

From the looks of it the UAW got paid off there wasn't much negotiated in 2015, Ford has new leadership after seeing the white collar offers I can assume there will be better offers this contract. At 20yr I make more then 75k $ a year, legacy workers will laugh at anything smaller then their annual wage. It's just common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the quietest its been before a contract that I can remember.Only a couple rumors posted on someones Facebook page about buyoutsI am also hearing about an increase in Lifetime Retirement Benefits.If buyouts happen that would be the icing on the cake for those who are ready to go.I know Ford needs massive restructuring in Europe and Ford is also eliminating salaried employees.I doubt that their will be much left to go around after that but who knows.The question always is how much will we have to 'give back' in order to receive a $1500 signing bonus?I say STRIKE EM while ya can and I am at a plant that will probably get targeted for a strike.Free coffee,free donuts,possible picture on the evening news,get to holler.Ask for everything settle for 75% or unleash Fatso on em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

strike ford while trying to unionize their partner VW?  I've seen dumber things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 6:51 AM, cecilmeyer said:

Please tell me Mr Decker retirement incentives are coming LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no inside info, but have heard from people from region 1 A that large separation packages will be offered. We’ll see…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, Fatso said:

This is the quietest its been before a contract that I can remember.

I thought about this a little bit last night. I think it's because there's so many people who are 25+ years who are ready to just gtfo and retire that all they care about is what the retirement incentive will be and couldn't really care less about the contract itself. It's sad that the union membership has gotten selfish like that but I guess it is what it is. I don't know what can be done about it at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JacOdiamond said:

I have no inside info, but have heard from people from region 1 A that large separation packages will be offered. We’ll see…

Cecil, I`m sure by August all of the "I Heard" & "They Said" and ever popular "Someone Told Me" will be in full bloom. I`m thinking the tight lips in region 4 and other regions may have a little to do with the still on going Fed`s thingy.

On a business level, Ford has the lowest level of vested (legacy) hourly people since the start of our dedicated retirement investment benefits. With more hours of compensation generating retirement investments then in about 15 years. I believe Ford is the only company that is very close too or has their contributions paid up to the requirements of the retirement benefit fund.   

With that being what it is we are no longer a big problem to the bottom line. At CAP the percentage of the members with 20 or better years of service is smaller than ever. About 30% of the total membership. Yep greed would say "lets get rid of all those legacy people" but remember "we" are helping reduce that percentage all the time. (retiring & dying) Then lets not forget what the other big dollar savings the UAW gave the company a few years back, VEBA. With that and the natural selection the grim reaper has, "we" (legacy peep`s) aren`t a really big pop to the bottom line anymore.

Sooo.... I Heard that They Said that Someone told me "Big or Huge or Large" is in the eyes of the Bullshiters :hat_tip:

One thing for sure, I`m all for just turning Fatso lose on their asses!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Decker said:

Cecil, I`m sure by August all of the "I Heard" & "They Said" and ever popular "Someone Told Me" will be in full bloom. I`m thinking the tight lips in region 4 and other regions may have a little to do with the still on going Fed`s thingy.

On a business level, Ford has the lowest level of vested (legacy) hourly people since the start of our dedicated retirement investment benefits. With more hours of compensation generating retirement investments then in about 15 years. I believe Ford is the only company that is very close too or has their contributions paid up to the requirements of the retirement benefit fund.   

With that being what it is we are no longer a big problem to the bottom line. At CAP the percentage of the members with 20 or better years of service is smaller than ever. About 30% of the total membership. Yep greed would say "lets get rid of all those legacy people" but remember "we" are helping reduce that percentage all the time. (retiring & dying) Then lets not forget what the other big dollar savings the UAW gave the company a few years back, VEBA. With that and the natural selection the grim reaper has, "we" (legacy peep`s) aren`t a really big pop to the bottom line anymore.

Sooo.... I Heard that They Said that Someone told me "Big or Huge or Large" is in the eyes of the Bullshiters :hat_tip:

One thing for sure, I`m all for just turning Fatso lose on their asses!!!!!

30% now or after they cut C crew?, I know there's enough legacy to almost fill an entire shift and maybe only 30% of them might show up for a meeting. It's got to be hard to tell now a days, I've seen some get fired for 5 years comeback claiming the same seniority depending on who their daddy was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ididntdoit  - really are you one of those poor miss guided members that was talking all that gloom and doom shit just a few weeks ago? ('after they cut the C crew') You know all that silly shit like "I heard we are going to be down for 12 to 14 months" or "They said we got 15 weeks to get this right or KCAP, LAP, FRAP, MAP, KTP orrrr St. Louis is getting the Lincoln" or "Someone told me the C crew wasn`t getting called back after retooling" is that you Ididntdoit starting these silly shit rumors? :idea:

Anyway Ididntdoit the fired for 5 years and someone's daddy thing is just a fact of business (politics) so if you can`t get used to it then you`ll have to learn to tolerate it cause that goofy politics/business is everywhere. 

Ididntdoit with the orders that are piling up for 611 & 625`s you might start hearing that old DI phrase  "hands off your toys and grab your socks" cause there`s a lot of work to be done here at CAP....

(I had to clean it up a little :hat_tip:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried telling him there's no way that c-crew stuff was true based on logic and reason but you know... logic means nothing sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you fuzzy. We both know the most uncommon thing within the rank and file is "common sense".

I hear all that C crew this and that all at the time CAP has not stopped orientation classes. Even thru the complete retooling. We are close to and will be at or above 6000 members by the end of the year but, the C crew this and that stupid shit just keeps rollin...

---->NEWS BULLETIN<---- "ORDERS" is key word, doom and gloomers and the only reason that maintains the size of any work force.  --->NEWS FLASH CAP SHEEPIES<--- KTP, KCAP, LAP, MAP and yes even CAP have the key reason for a work force at the current numbers or higher.

Hey... KTP`er and KCAP`ers back in Feb I heard (news release not "I heard") that Ford is closing a truck plant in Brazil. Heavy Truck production is exiting South America they said (news release, not "they") will that send anymore of the orders your way?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Decker said:

Ididntdoit  - really are you one of those poor miss guided members that was talking all that gloom and doom shit just a few weeks ago? ('after they cut the C crew') You know all that silly shit like "I heard we are going to be down for 12 to 14 months" or "They said we got 15 weeks to get this right or KCAP, LAP, FRAP, MAP, KTP orrrr St. Louis is getting the Lincoln" or "Someone told me the C crew wasn`t getting called back after retooling" is that you Ididntdoit starting these silly shit rumors? :idea:

Anyway Ididntdoit the fired for 5 years and someone's daddy thing is just a fact of business (politics) so if you can`t get used to it then you`ll have to learn to tolerate it cause that goofy politics/business is everywhere. 

Ididntdoit with the orders that are piling up for 611 & 625`s you might start hearing that old DI phrase  "hands off your toys and grab your socks" cause there`s a lot of work to be done here at CAP....

(I had to clean it up a little :hat_tip:)

 

No I'm the been here long enough to know better worker who's not falling for all the BS our local company puppets are trying to campaign on. You aren't one of those blowing smoke up all the TPTs feeding them false belief C crew, that was announced by the chairman will be "as needed", they won't be laid off even with all the transfers coming in. Are you sure there's enough orders for 611&625's to keep those 662 STS's working after rebalance ?

I'm being real, it's happened before. And there's politics and then theres chicago politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Decker said:

I hear you fuzzy. We both know the most uncommon thing within the rank and file is "common sense".

I hear all that C crew this and that all at the time CAP has not stopped orientation classes. Even thru the complete retooling. We are close to and will be at or above 6000 members by the end of the year but, the C crew this and that stupid shit just keeps rollin...

---->NEWS BULLETIN<---- "ORDERS" is key word, doom and gloomers and the only reason that maintains the size of any work force.  --->NEWS FLASH CAP SHEEPIES<--- KTP, KCAP, LAP, MAP and yes even CAP have the key reason for a work force at the current numbers or higher.

Hey... KTP`er and KCAP`ers back in Feb I heard (news release not "I heard") that Ford is closing a truck plant in Brazil. Heavy Truck production is exiting South America they said (news release, not "they") will that send anymore of the orders your way?  

looking like 1500 employees too many, due to so many FLMA babies, my daddies so n so, and just plain lazy I'm UAW workers those excess employees were needed to rush a launch then rebalance then cut a C crew thats not needed for 2 over priced vehicles that has a make believe pile of orders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just from a business sense seems like Ford would want every legacy employee gone. Especially when they can hire a new hire for less than a 1/3 of what a legacy employee gets in pay and benefits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ididntdoit said:

looking like 1500 employees too many, due to so many FLMA babies, my daddies so n so, and just plain lazy I'm UAW workers those excess employees were needed to rush a launch then rebalance then cut a C crew thats not needed for 2 over priced vehicles that has a make believe pile of orders. 

and you know if they cut a crew buyouts will come .They do  almost every time there is a layoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exactly, and depending on the offer which better be more then a laughable 75k will determine the amount they cut. Buyouts will come before the cuts. Either way there's nothing to justify running 3 shifts at CAP with these 2 vehicles at this time and everything pointing to layoffs/buyouts before Dec. . They will run full force till end of contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

and you know if they cut a crew buyouts will come .They do  almost every time there is a layoff.

They didn't offer any for FRAP and they just lost a shift 2 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×