Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

They provide minimal benefit in my Mustang. 

They now advertise them as ventilated instead of cooled.  I think they actually eliminated the peltier device for cooling and are just pushing cabin air so they don’t have to deal with the hot exhaust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They work great in my wife's Fusion.  Turn them off or way down after a few minutes, even when it's 100+ outside.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, silvrsvt said:

Eh cooled seats aren't that great IMO. Heated seats are  must, but the seat coolers really don't do that much IMO. It could be the seat material in my SHO though too. 

 

Really? The cooled seats in my sho freeze my balls and taint off. Maybe ya need a seat filter change? Or just pop it out and give it a good backwards vacuuming? I'll agree though the heat definitely roasts the nuts and the lower back. I will up you all and say a heated steering wheel is a must! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

 

Really? The cooled seats in my sho freeze my balls and taint off.

 

So did the ones in our 2003 Aviator.  But they changed the design a few years ago and the new ones suck on most vehicles.   One F150 owner actually had to 3d print an exhaust duct to get them to work right on the seatback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:

 

So did the ones in our 2003 Aviator.  But they changed the design a few years ago and the new ones suck on most vehicles.   One F150 owner actually had to 3d print an exhaust duct to get them to work right on the seatback.

 The ones in my Fusion & Raptor work great.  The ones in my wife's Explorer suck.  We had the Explorer checked out by the dealership and they claim they are working fine. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NLPRacing said:

 The ones in my wife's Explorer suck.  We had the Explorer checked out by the dealership and they claim they are working fine. 😕

 

Well they are working as designed, which unfortunately means they suck.  Whether that's fine or not is up to your interpretation..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a difference between "Ventilated" Seats, and "A/C" Seats, not all systems are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

There's a difference between "Ventilated" Seats, and "A/C" Seats, not all systems are the same.

 

They used to be cooled (using a peltier device) but when they redesigned the system on some of the new models like the 2016 Edge/MKX and 2015 F150 they had a design flaw.   Subsequently they started calling them "ventilated" instead of "cooled" because they couldn't get the cooling to work properly.  I don't know if they stopped using the Peltier device or just changed the name.   The fact is the new design did not work as designed - there were TSBs and repair procedures that helped a little but never fixed the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×