2020 Escape Hybrid Deliveries?

uucuu3

I don't think they are allowed to ship the yet because the EPA has not rated them yet. Just a guess on my part.

If you click on a dealer that has one ordered and click on the sticker it says " EPA DATA NOT AVAILABLE. UNIT NOT TO BE OFFERED FOR SALE" where the EPA figures would be.

I was waiting to drive one before ordering, but i am just going to order mine Monday and hope for the best.

image.png.8d00a7e2c99d8254f2b3c320787b26cb.png

On 10/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, Rick1723 said:

The hybrids are comin out slow.. and the same with the mileage estimates.. I noticed now my birth date went from 10/22 to 11/18.. (I can watch the progress..work at a dealer..)  I now have my second hybrid (09 fusion) and now a 16 MKZ hybrid.. Neve, ever had problems, but wanted 4wd with a hybrid.. not because of being green, I like to save some on gas and the tech..

• 1 month later...

FEH5.jpg FEH6.jpg FEH7.jpg
I took the FEH Titanium for a ride on the FWY without Hypermiling, but under speed limit some of the time. I'm trying to figure out how the displays work which are vaguely similar to CMAX. Not as much Hybrid info as 2013 CMAX. Got 39.9 mpg's for 13.7 mile trip and I know I can do better when I figure out everything. The back space is 6" wider and about 8" longer than CMAX. I would say cabin noise is simiar the CMAX.
Steering is very responsive.
I used my ScanGaugeII and watched the SOC which was interesting in that it would charge quickly up to 66% SOC and motors have more power to accelerate quickly and maintain high speed. Not sure what percentage of HVB is use able. At this point I don't know the most efficient way to drive this car yet, it's going to that awhile to learn. 

:headscratch: The regen seems to be more aggressive and I wasn't able to watch WT too much, but I didn't see it get up to operating temps. The only way to get the Heads Up Display is by getting the Moon Roof, a $2000 option, definitely not a must have option. 

:sad: Without Moon Roof and Special paint the price is $33,400 for the top of the line Titanium option. I also got the OM to check out.
Still no info on Plugin.
I looked the OM and I consider it border line useless as far as the Hybrid goes. 

:sad: They should have carried over the CMAX/FFH display so there wouldn't be any learning curve. It's strange that there is no info on the Hybrid Display and what it means. Any Hybrid info is about Hybrids in general.You Tube video would be nice. BTW the FEPI HVB is water cooled.

It looks like you can order FEH plugin now talking to my Dealer. Should place an order in the next few days.

Paul

Paul,

They did. There's an EV Coach option in the dash center display that's similar to the C-Max Empower screen left side. It's a horizontal bar with a "0-point" at the 1/3 point. EV Available is shown in blue outline to the right of 0. There's a solid bar for actual throttle/braking setting that turns white when the blue outline is exceeded to the right (sound familiar?) but it also shows regen braking to the left of the 0-point. It compliments the dash's digital kW display, adding EV Available and analog power/regen level display.

I accessed it using the right wheel controls. Look in all the niches the software allows. We're hackers until the manual's out (and accurate). NOT REALLY!

Anyone find a high-voltage battery gauge? State of Charge is very useful information!!

Frank, who knows Paul from the C-Max forum, and hopes he wasn't spoiled.

Edited by fbov
clarify, correct something

• 1 month later...

I picked up my Escape Hybrid Titanium over the weekend, and much to my surprise as I was doing my research last week two very familiar names from the C-Max Hybrid Forum pop up - PTJones and fbov!  Glad to see you're both still at it!

I traded in my 2013 C-MAX in 2016 for a Fiesta ST, convinced I wanted something more sporty and fun for my daily driver.  Three years in ever-worsening traffic and I ran screaming back to a hybrid with an automatic!

• 2 weeks later...

I see you also have good taste. What color is your Dark Persian?

The really odd thing is that the C-Max forum had the most Escape Hybrid activity I could find. Check out fordescape.org for a more-lively group. This forum has been great for info, not so much for activity. 

HAve fun,

Frank

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, fbov said:

I see you also have good taste. What color is your Dark Persian?

The really odd thing is that the C-Max forum had the most Escape Hybrid activity I could find. Check out fordescape.org for a more-lively group. This forum has been great for info, not so much for activity. 

HAve fun,

Frank

Hah, thanks!  My Dark Persian Green is...Dark Persian Green.  ?

I'm a huge fan so far.  Just tried Eco mode (instead of Normal) for today's drive home and got 53.1 MPG.

5 hours ago, MadManMoon said:

Hah, thanks!  My Dark Persian Green is...Dark Persian Green.  ?

I'm a huge fan so far.  Just tried Eco mode (instead of Normal) for today's drive home and got 53.1 MPG.

I have been using eco mode all of the time. i am getting 2mpg more when i use the eco mode. been averaging 38 per tank (Real) Vs  (trip computer says 40)

I notice a slight drop in power

I have a trip i make a lot which is about 10 miles away and pretty flat, i can average 65

• Like 1

I'm trying to use Eco on the second tank, but as long as it's winter, I don't expect much. 

I have found that driving a hybrid repeatedly over the same route is a great way to find every little hill, so you can motor up and EV down. 

Have fun,

Frank

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...