Mulally already shaking up Ford

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wrote Mulally's speech?.... He knows what to say and what not to say.... Don't kid yourself! Everything reported by the media is a little bit controlled by Ford.... Like politicians...

We all know it's all b.s.

you mean like every single word you let out of your mouth?

go and finally hide under a rock or something ...

Igor

The truth hurts? :titanic:

your mouth never met truth ...

and what are you 10? That is what we used to say in 3rd grade when we were spewing untrue insults are less "cool" classmates, and they would complain ... oh wait .. that IS what you are doing ... pathetic...

PS: I love the NUMEROUS members your forumus have - in 6 months, you managed to drag in 7 members - 2 of which are you and OtisFord...

Priceless.

Igor

Edited by igor

your mouth never met truth ...

and what are you 10? That is what we used to say in 3rd grade when we were spewing untrue insults are less "cool" classmates, and they would complain ... oh wait .. that IS what you are doing ... pathetic...

PS: I love the NUMEROUS members your forumus have - in 6 months, you managed to drag in 7 members - 2 of which are you and OtisFord...

Priceless.

Igor

Priceless also is the fact that if we would say: "Register to become a member of our forum and get a free Toyota T-Shirt" ..... you'll be the first one online to register.... :finger:

This is a great article about how Ford's new CEO works and should be very encouraging to the Ford dealers. A "take charge" guy that's not afraid to make decisions and expects to be held accountable, yet focused on the end consumer of Ford's products and at the same time taking a realistic approach to the situation and dealing honestly with the media so that the facts are straight and accurate!

Umm, quite alot of 'John Anywheres" ride in airplanes. Besides, it's good to have someone who sees cars as product and machinery, and not have the emotions and fits of rage as 'car guys' have.

'Car guys' will fly into a rage if someone claims their favorite car "has less HP". Less emotional will reason as to whether it is important or not.

also, 1/2 of buyers aren't 'guys'. And, among men buyers, most are not 'car guys' who obsess about HP #'s, good old days trivia, and 'Detroit traditions'.

Some will dream of all RWD V8's coming back en masse, but no time machine has been invented to go back to 1965, yet.

Edited by 630land

Why did 'real cars die 50 years ago'? which year? 1956 or 57? Entitled to your opinion, but it excudes many good cars.

Anyway, car guys have passion, but a good company needs leaders who think clearly and not expect customers to be force fed their 'ideas'.

In general, it is better someone from Airpane maker, who turned it around, then someone from Procter & Gamble, who only knows how to sell detergent and toothpaste.

Edited by 630land

"Guys," he said, "let's get to the bottom as quick as we can, because let me tell you, the ride up is a lot of fun."

The recruitment of Mulally was simply the best thing Bill Ford could have done. A proven leader, not hidebound to the Ford model or bureaucracy, who has the knowledge and skill to implement change at Ford. Bill Ford couldn't do it. Mark Fields is still too green. No one who "rose through the ranks" would have enough gumption to axe and saw their way to sucess quickly enough.

With one move, the conversation about Ford was fundamentally altered. I have every faith in Mulally to restore Ford to an industry leader. Atta boy!

Scott

Slowly But surely it seems Ford is finally getting "it" and hopefully will see a bright Future. GM has gotten "it" and seem like they have a bright future and its good to see Ford finally getting some sense after so many failed attempts this year alone.

Priceless also is the fact that if we would say: "Register to become a member of our forum and get a free Toyota T-Shirt" ..... you'll be the first one online to register.... :finger:

I have a question,

Obviously you are very upset with your experience with Ford.

Do you want Ford to fail go bankrupt and close down? Or d you want to to change and put out class leading fantastic vehicles?

I am just curious to know your view point.

This is a great article about how Ford's new CEO works and should be very encouraging to the Ford dealers. A "take charge" guy that's not afraid to make decisions and expects to be held accountable, yet focused on the end consumer of Ford's products and at the same time taking a realistic approach to the situation and dealing honestly with the media so that the facts are straight and accurate!

I agree, This is definately the kind of guy ford needs.

In until now they virtually sat on the fence about every single damn option they could take. It seemed not one person in the company had any balls, they just sat on the fence with the "maybe" "we're looking into it" "we haven't come to a desicion yet" "we're seeing how the market plays out" They used those excuses all the time and let opportunity afer opportunity pass them by. That scaredness to make descisions coupled with poor products, bad design and long life cycles absolutely killed them. Everything seems to be changig, with this guy it seems finally they will actually make a bold descision. That along with getting their product planning on track with bringing out the right products with modern technology and great design. It seems everything is moving in the right direction. Brings a smile to my face that Ford can actually pull themselves out of this rut, because right before they announced Mullaly I definately had huge doubts on Ford succeeding.

I have a question,

Do you want Ford to fail go bankrupt and close down? Or d you want to to change and put out class leading fantastic vehicles?

They deserve to fail and go bankrupt for all their sins.

:rip:

I have a question,

I know this guy...he's a "I want something for nothing" kind of guy. I visited his stooopid website and read his story. He actually takes credit for shutting a dealership down! What I can't figure out is why he didn't just sell his car when he found out he was allergic to it? He is someone who has a problem with the HVAC system in the car, and is part of a very small minority who have this problem. It is not the dealer or Ford's responsibility to buy his car back after the fact. Just sell it and GET A LIFE! There are more important things in this world.

Slowly But surely it seems Ford is finally getting "it" and hopefully will see a bright Future. GM has gotten "it" and seem like they have a bright future and its good to see Ford finally getting some sense after so many failed attempts this year alone.

I really don't think GM has gotten "it".

Sales are off more than Ford this year, and they have not developed a true customer orientation to their business. The decision to go RWD with Zeta is a classic car-guy gamble. It might work, it might not, but I'm going to guess that market research on this subject has been geared towards producing responses that make Lutz's idea look like the right idea.

Then there's this ludicrous reliance on the halo-car. I still consider the Solstice and Sky to be a failed attempt to distract buyers from the truly uncompetitive Deltas, the previous Epsilon, and the W-body. Verdict is still out on the new Epsilon, as seen in the Aura. At least the Aura looks good, if somewhat Cobaltish.

I really don't think GM has gotten "it".

Sales are off more than Ford this year, and they have not developed a true customer orientation to their business. The decision to go RWD with Zeta is a classic car-guy gamble. It might work, it might not, but I'm going to guess that market research on this subject has been geared towards producing responses that make Lutz's idea look like the right idea.

Then there's this ludicrous reliance on the halo-car. I still consider the Solstice and Sky to be a failed attempt to distract buyers from the truly uncompetitive Deltas, the previous Epsilon, and the W-body. Verdict is still out on the new Epsilon, as seen in the Aura. At least the Aura looks good, if somewhat Cobaltish.

Yeah thier sales are down but this is thier rock bottom, Ford hasn't hit rock bottom and over the past 5 years ford lost more than twice as many sales as GM has. I won't deny that GM definately still has a lot of crap on the dealer lots but with the redesigns and new products replacing old one, the new products are becoming highly competitive. GM has a much broader variety of vehicles due to thier many brands and I think that will help them specifically cater to certain groups of people.

We'll see in two years how far each has come, but I believe Ford still has rock bottom to hit.

Edited by DCK