Ford Iosis X

the Focus coupe will likely have tailights hat lok like the new Mondeo ..

if you notice, while there are a lot of differences in detailing, a lot of the character lines seen do approximate the EU Kinetic design - of course it is the nose that makes or breaks a car - so we will have to wait for that.

but the 2 character lines are exactly what is prescribed by the Kinetic design of EU - and the tails are close to mondeo.

Igor

'course, it's not going to look anything like that, inside or out.

which imo is one of Fords problems

not only that but every other freaking concept ford comes out with has suicide doors.....CAN WE GET A PRODUCTION CAR WITH SUICIDE DOORS PLEASE.

Suicide doors should be brought back to Lincoln as part of their design language.

Man! I must be getting old.

That thing is butt ugly! Looks like some shelled life form pulled up from the deep sea.

I have no doubt that I'm getting old, but I like it.

Not sure about how one gets into the back seats (concealed step, hop?), but tight, well proportioned, good looking. And, not too sure about that dash, or is that a boogie board storage system?

Of course, if it doesn't look like this in the production version, then nevermind.

which imo is one of Fords problems

not only that but every other freaking concept ford comes out with has suicide doors.....CAN WE GET A PRODUCTION CAR WITH SUICIDE DOORS PLEASE.

Suicide doors should be brought back to Lincoln as part of their design language.

Suicide doors look good on a turntable, both doors open, you see plenty of the interior, wide open.

In real life: you're in a tight parking spot--------------

you and your buddy behind you get out of your vehicle at the same time...........

Then what happens?

One of you is going to have to get back into the car, and shut the car door, before either of you can get out.

Suicide doors would be just that: suicide.

Suicide doors look good on a turntable, both doors open, you see plenty of the interior, wide open.

In real life: you're in a tight parking spot--------------

you and your buddy behind you get out of your vehicle at the same time...........

Then what happens?

One of you is going to have to get back into the car, and shut the car door, before either of you can get out.

Suicide doors would be just that: suicide.

Hmm, funny....Truck owners have been able to do it for years now without issue.

Hmm, funny....Truck owners have been able to do it for years now without issue.

People don't buy extended cab trucks with the intent of hauling at least two extra people on a regular basis.

They'll probably drop the extra $2000 and get a crewcab, if the backseat's going to be in regular use.

I mean, if I'm a passenger in the jumpseat of an extended cab pickup, the reverse hinged door is the least annoying aspect of the accomodations.

As to the question as to where this fits in FoE lineup... Ford stopping importing the Escape and now doesn't have a single SUV in it's lineup. This would help fill that void. For you photoshop artists... The expectation is that this design language will be applioed to a Freelander-based vehilce, which is based on the Mondeo platform.

IMHO, where it fits in is in the powertrain: is it a 2.3 turbo or something bigger with a Ford DSG and active suspension, or is it an economy 2 liter B-class-sized vehicle?

It's a great exercise of the cues found on the BMW 3 and 1 series from the side and rear. Works better here.

The front is very good — except for the lower grill, which sucks.

Below is the BMW 135ti

Article on http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/spyshots.../bmw_135ti.html

car_photo_208606_5.jpg

I remember when Detroit persued designs like this while Europe stuck with very conservative styling. The Conservative styling became synonymous with premium vehicles. Now that Detroit has swung conservative (Ford more than any other), the designs in Europe are now far more dramatic and creative and it seems consumers now associate that with premium vehicles. I hope Mark Fields gives license to be bold, although I realize it's hard to do that successfully in partial updates.

Ford is going to need to consider how it wants to evolve its razor blade look, it's already growing a bit stale because it is so trendy. That is the problem with designs like this, they have a very brief shelf-life so they need to be prepared to change.

Edited by Edgey