Sign in to follow this  
1999 White C5 Coupe

2nd Safety Recall Issued for 2021 Bronco Sport Models

Ford has issued a second safety recall for some 2021 Bronco Sport models, as an incorrect front lower control arm was installed on the affected vehicles:  https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2021/02/26/2021-ford-bronco-sportsrecall-risk-rollover/6829320002/

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

Glad to see Ford being proactive.

I’d rather they be proactive with initial build quality - instead of playing the “repair the mistakes” game (safety recall).

41 minutes ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

I’d rather they be proactive with initial build quality - instead of playing the “repair the mistakes” game (safety recall).

I agree 1999 White C5 Coupe sir. However, that will take time as Ford's traditional corporate culture tolerates product quality woes and making the same mistakes over and over. That culture is slowly being transformed for the better. 

For now, the fact that Ford's Field Review Committee acted quickly and cooperated with NHTSA to issue the safety recall is a good sign.

Edited by rperez817

53 minutes ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

12 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I agree 1999 White C5 Coupe sir. However, that will take time as Ford's traditional corporate culture tolerates product quality woes and making the same mistakes over and over. That culture is slowly being transformed for the better. 

For now, the fact that Ford's Field Review Committee acted quickly and cooperated with NHTSA to issue the safety recall is a good sign.

Oh get off of it, both of you. Shit can happen at any point during production, and this is a small enough number to definitely fall into the "shit happens" category. The system is working as intended. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The system is working as intended. 

Ford's CCRG and FRC systems are working fine. The people on those teams did their job well analyzing the situation with Martinrea suspension modules for Bronco Sport, and in working with NHTSA to issue the recall.

However, 1999 White C5 Coupe is not being unreasonable in hoping for a quality-focused culture at Ford. 

Edited by rperez817