Jump to content





BTilbury

2022 Aviator order help, please.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Can someone please help. I recently put an order in for a 2021 Aviator in late May for my wife. The Dealership said they were not taking orders for 2022’s yet. My order is in for a 2021. The Salesman said the order is in, but I never received an email (not sure if I am supposed to). If they are switching the factory to 2022’s June 1, will my order for 2021 be cancelled and I’ll have to go back to reorder a 2022? Has anyone ever done this or know the process I may be dealing with? Is the transition still June 1  at the Chicago facility? Or did they push it back due to parts shortages? Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

Edited by BTilbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BTilbury said:

Can someone please help. I recently put an order in for a 2021 Aviator in late May for my wife. The Dealership said they were not taking orders for 2022’s yet. My order is in for a 2021. The Salesman said the order is in, but I never received an email (not sure if I am supposed to). If they are switching the factory to 2022’s June 1, will my order for 2021 be cancelled and I’ll have to go back to reorder a 2022? Has anyone ever done this or know the process I may be dealing with? Is the transition still June 1  at the Chicago facility? Or did they push it back due to parts shortages? Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

 

The last day to order a 2021 was March 5th.

 

March 15th 2022s could be ordered and production is supposed to start June 28th.

 

Dealer couldn't have ordered a 2021 in May, had to be a 2022.

 

Ice Capades has recently posted 2022 scheduling hasn't started yet.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the information. My paperwork says 21. I’ll be talking to the dealer tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BTilbury said:

Thank you for the information. My paperwork says 21. I’ll be talking to the dealer tomorrow. 

 

Ask him for a copy of the DORA for your order.  It will list everything ordered, show priority, VIN is it's been assigned etc.

 

Keep in mind this chip shortage has really screwed up production BUT I don't see why they would extend 2021s by 2 months for ordering.. if you can't get chips, you can't get them, regardless of a 21 or 22.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called around the area (Delaware) and none of the Lincoln dealerships are taking orders for 2022 Aviators. I’m not sure if it’s an area problem or what. I don’t understand how other areas can put the orders in (since Mach no less) and my area cannot. Guess I’ll just wait until I get called that they are not making 2021’s anymore and I need to come in to make my 2022 order. I don’t see the factory setting up in June/July (their scheduled month -June 1st originally- to switch to 22’s) to make 21’s. None of this makes any sense, but that’s the Covid world we live in now. 🙄 I’m also waiting on a Bronco, but that’s a whole new mess of problems, lol…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BTilbury said:

I called around the area (Delaware) and none of the Lincoln dealerships are taking orders for 2022 Aviators. I’m not sure if it’s an area problem or what. I don’t understand how other areas can put the orders in (since Mach no less) and my area cannot. Guess I’ll just wait until I get called that they are not making 2021’s anymore and I need to come in to make my 2022 order. I don’t see the factory setting up in June/July (their scheduled month -June 1st originally- to switch to 22’s) to make 21’s. None of this makes any sense, but that’s the Covid world we live in now. 🙄 I’m also waiting on a Bronco, but that’s a whole new mess of problems, lol…

 

Per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

  • 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/17/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened on 03/15/2021 and all Lincoln Dealers have been able to submit all order types (Stock, Retail, Fleet) since that time. 2022MY Lincoln Aviator scheduling is now due to start on Thursday, June 17th. I'll know better tomorrow about the scheduling start when Ford posts the scheduling plan preview for next week. That information will be available in the Production Week Scheduling Information topic that I update weekly. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

 

Per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the timetable for the 2021/2022MY Lincoln Aviator.

  • 03/05/2021 - 2021MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 07/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/17/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins
  • 07/30/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened on 03/15/2021 and all Lincoln Dealers have been able to submit all order types (Stock, Retail, Fleet) since that time. 2022MY Lincoln Aviator scheduling is now due to start on Thursday, June 17th. I'll know better tomorrow about the scheduling start when Ford posts the scheduling plan preview for next week. That information will be available in the Production Week Scheduling Information topic that I update weekly. 

 

Copied and pasted in an email to my salesman. Let’s see what he does now, lol. Thank you for the information and taking the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BTilbury said:

Copied and pasted in an email to my salesman. Let’s see what he does now, lol. Thank you for the information and taking the time. 

 

Unfortunately, many sales representatives don't know much about retail factory orders or the process. traditionally, they're trained to sell from stock but with the low inventory now you'd think they'd want every retail order they could get from a customer like yourself that knows what they want. Please let us know how you make out and let us know if there's any other information you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

 

Unfortunately, many sales representatives don't know much about retail factory orders or the process. traditionally, they're trained to sell from stock but with the low inventory now you'd think they'd want every retail order they could get from a customer like yourself that knows what they want. Please let us know how you make out and let us know if there's any other information you need.

I’ll definitely post when I get a response and again thank you for sharing your knowledge. In another area, what is the normal/ average Destination and delivery charge these days? This dealership is charging me $1,095. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BTilbury said:

I’ll definitely post when I get a response and again thank you for sharing your knowledge. In another area, what is the normal/ average Destination and delivery charge these days? This dealership is charging me $1,095. 

 

The current D&D charge for a 2021 Explorer which is also built at CAP (Chicago Assembly Plant) is $1,245. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Ice-Capades, I'm aware of the expanded Ford Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). Does this program also apply to special-order (retail) Lincoln vehicles?

 

I ordered a 2022 Lincoln Aviator when the Unscheduled Order Bank opened in March and want to help my dealer do everything possible to expedite production and delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Exit32 said:

Thanks to Ice-Capades, I'm aware of the expanded Ford Customer Order Verification Program (COVP). Does this program also apply to special-order (retail) Lincoln vehicles?

 

I ordered a 2022 Lincoln Aviator when the Unscheduled Order Bank opened in March and want to help my dealer do everything possible to expedite production and delivery.

 

I would expect Lincoln to have their own version of the COVP but I don't have access to Lincoln's programs. As such, I'd check with your Lincoln Dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Lincoln dealer called me this week and asked for a copy of my driver's license and asked me to sign the order sheet with all the details.  I have a 2022 Aviator ordered and accepted since May 8th.  Hoping scheduling will start soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, aviator47 said:

My Lincoln dealer called me this week and asked for a copy of my driver's license and asked me to sign the order sheet with all the details.  I have a 2022 Aviator ordered and accepted since May 8th.  Hoping scheduling will start soon.

Per Ice-Capades' suggestion, I sent an email to my Lincoln dealer to ask if my Aviator order required verification. Thus far, I haven't received a reply from my dealer and appreciate the insight provided by Aviator47.

 

I'm hoping 2022 Aviator scheduling begins on June 17 as planned. I will send a copy of my driver's license to my dealer today so they can verify my order with Lincoln Motor Company.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Exit32 said:

Per Ice-Capades' suggestion, I sent an email to my Lincoln dealer to ask if my Aviator order required verification. Thus far, I haven't received a reply from my dealer and appreciate the insight provided by Aviator47.

 

I'm hoping 2022 Aviator scheduling begins on June 17 as planned. I will send a copy of my driver's license to my dealer today so they can verify my order with Lincoln Motor Company.

 

 

There is no verification on your end required.  When a dealer submits an order, that's all that is needed.  His dealer is probably asking for him to sign off on it so when it arrives, there can't be any "this isn't what I ordered"..  or "it's missing this feature" etc.  But nothing that will hold up an order if the dealer placed it.

 

I still always recommend getting a copy of the DORA once it is placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

There is no verification on your end required.  When a dealer submits an order, that's all that is needed.  His dealer is probably asking for him to sign off on it so when it arrives, there can't be any "this isn't what I ordered"..  or "it's missing this feature" etc.  


Ford is asking for buyer verification (drivers license, etc) for retail orders because those are being given allocation priority outside the normal dealer allocation. So Ford wants to make sure the dealer isn’t making up buyers to get more stock units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

There is no verification on your end required.  When a dealer submits an order, that's all that is needed.  His dealer is probably asking for him to sign off on it so when it arrives, there can't be any "this isn't what I ordered"..  or "it's missing this feature" etc.  But nothing that will hold up an order if the dealer placed it.

 

I still always recommend getting a copy of the DORA once it is placed.

Thanks for your input, Blwnsmoke. I do have a copy of the DORA, and I received e-mail confirmation of my unscheduled (retail) order from Lincoln within hours of order submission on March 30. So, I'm confident my order was accepted.

 

My understanding is that Ford wants dealers to verify unscheduled retail orders to prove those orders are retail orders instead of stock orders. Perhaps Lincoln dealers are more trustworthy and don't have to participate in the 2021 Customer Order Verification Program (COVP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Exit32 said:

Perhaps Lincoln dealers are more trustworthy


image.thumb.jpeg.f83c4a20372c88647b111dba81126d44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

There is no verification on your end required.  When a dealer submits an order, that's all that is needed.  His dealer is probably asking for him to sign off on it so when it arrives, there can't be any "this isn't what I ordered"..  or "it's missing this feature" etc.  But nothing that will hold up an order if the dealer placed it.

 

I still always recommend getting a copy of the DORA once it is placed.

 

Your post is incorrect and misleading at best. Lincoln's scheduling is a bit different from Ford's but I expect that Lincoln is expediting scheduling for retail orders in a similar manner to what akirby posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the information everyone has been contributing. I never received a DORA (didn’t know about it before now) nor an email. Still waiting to hear back from the email I sent to my salesman. My order is still supposedly for a 2021. My salesman sells both Ford and Lincoln and he can definitely NOT be trusted, lol. Trying to be patient and not turn into a raging asshole over this with him. If they start production on 2022’s I’m going to be forced to step things up a notch. This way I don’t miss out on the short time period they make them before switching back to Explorers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BTilbury said:

Appreciate the information everyone has been contributing. I never received a DORA (didn’t know about it before now) nor an email. Still waiting to hear back from the email I sent to my salesman. My order is still supposedly for a 2021. My salesman sells both Ford and Lincoln and he can definitely NOT be trusted, lol. Trying to be patient and not turn into a raging asshole over this with him. If they start production on 2022’s I’m going to be forced to step things up a notch. This way I don’t miss out on the short time period they make them before switching back to Explorers. 

 

The 2022 Lincoln Aviator USOB (Unscheduled Order bank) opened for orders on 03/15/2021 with scheduling to begin on 06/17/2021 according to the most recent information available. Although the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator share common elements, they have different production schedules as noted in the timetables posted in their respective 2022 Explorer Production Information & 2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information topics. If you can't trust your sales representative, why are you doing business with him? If you can't get the answers you need, you should be dealing directly with either the Sales Manager or General Manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

 

Your post is incorrect and misleading at best. Lincoln's scheduling is a bit different from Ford's but I expect that Lincoln is expediting scheduling for retail orders in a similar manner to what akirby posted. 

 

So if it is incorrect and misleading, then why don't you correct me instead of just stating that and leaving it open ended.  I'd think the other members would want to know the correct info.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, akirby said:


Ford is asking for buyer verification (drivers license, etc) for retail orders because those are being given allocation priority outside the normal dealer allocation. So Ford wants to make sure the dealer isn’t making up buyers to get more stock units.

 

I ordered my 2007, 2011, 2015 and two 2020s and have never signed any document prior to completing the sale.  Yes, I've had to send a picture of my license which isn't a big deal.  My comment/reply was in regards to signing the order sheet.  These were dealers in VA, MI and NH so not even the same dealer.  Granted these were all Fords and not Lincolns but figured it would be the same process.  My bad.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

 

So if it is incorrect and misleading, then why don't you correct me instead of just stating that and leaving it open ended.  I'd think the other members would want to know the correct info.

 

You and other keep talking about getting 2021MY Aviators scheduled even when it's been made clear that scheduling for 2021's "balanced out" some time ago. Scheduling for the 2022MY Aviators is supposed to start this Thursday, June 17th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

 

The 2022 Lincoln Aviator USOB (Unscheduled Order bank) opened for orders on 03/15/2021 with scheduling to begin on 06/17/2021 according to the most recent information available. Although the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator share common elements, they have different production schedules as noted in the timetables posted in their respective 2022 Explorer Production Information & 2022 Lincoln Aviator Production Information topics. If you can't trust your sales representative, why are you doing business with him? If you can't get the answers you need, you should be dealing directly with either the Sales Manager or General Manager. 

At this point I’m guessing he will call me to come in and change my order after June 18th. I’ll let him cancel the 21 order and then I’m walking out. It amazes me the lack of professionalism salesmen have. How hard is it to be knowledgeable about the field you work in? I always hate when it comes time to get a new vehicle. So the dealership now will miss out on a $75K Lincoln and a $55K Ford. Give that guy a raise, lol. Thanks for the information Ice. 

Edited by BTilbury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×