Photos of XLT w/ Black Appearance Package?

zekd

Anyone seen a photo of the XLT model w/ the black appearance package?   Seems that there isn’t a physical one built yet.   Mine’s being built this week.  I wonder if this is the first week of production for this config. 

Edited by zekd

I was looking on the order guide for what's included in the package and noticed the keyless entry pad isn't on the list. Sure hope it comes with it, I loved having it on my 04 f150 and 13 f150. 

Although I guess it's not a big deal with this for pass connect thing being able to lock and unlock from my phone.

Edited by Shane60

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shane60 said:

Looks great! First thing I'll probably do is paint the fender badges black, and save my pennies up for some morimotos, too bad they didn't do a black accented halogen headlight.

Lol.  Already have the Morimotos in the garage and have paint on order ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zekd said:

Lol.  Already have the Morimotos in the garage and have paint on order ?

Let me know how you like the Morimotos, been looking heavily at them but not a lot out there for the 2020's in regards to reviews. Only thing I saw with the last generation ones was to skip the hybrids as they are not much better with light output than the stock bulbs. 

2 hours ago, Shane60 said:

Do either of these trucks have the powerscope mirrors? I ordered them on mine and wondering if they will come with black plastic caps or chrome caps.

I got powerscoping.  They come with just a plastic cap.  Not painted like lariat. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rbcundiff6 said:

Dear Ford, why does every F-Series Blackout package come standard with white letter tires? You would think if you were opting for everything else to be trimmed in black, you could opt for black wall tires. Just a thought from a nobody who orders the new

inventory @ a Select Dealer.

Pretty easy to turn them around.

• Like 1

Agreed, but my service department would charge a dismount, mount and balance. My dealer does not do add-a-tags (Market adjustments) on any vehicle sales unless customer has added parts dept. options. Hell, we still sell @ invoice less rebates on everything except GT500's and Raptors, those are below list though (Mach-E @ MSRP). And yes, that would include the Bronco Family for reservation holders converted for '21-'22.  All dealerships are not the Devil, and I do enjoy this site. I just have to be careful of what I post.

1 hour ago, rbcundiff6 said:

Agreed, but my service department would charge a dismount, mount and balance. My dealer does not do add-a-tags (Market adjustments) on any vehicle sales unless customer has added parts dept. options. Hell, we still sell @ invoice less rebates on everything except GT500's and Raptors, those are below list though (Mach-E @ MSRP). And yes, that would include the Bronco Family for reservation holders converted for '21-'22.  All dealerships are not the Devil, and I do enjoy this site. I just have to be careful of what I post.

Right, it’s a $100 one time charge.  If they made it a $200 factory option you wouldn’t think twice.  I bet just as many people would prefer the white letters if the situation was reversed.  Can’t please everybody.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 5:58 AM, rbcundiff6 said:

Your dealership should be willing to flip them around as a way to say thank you for your business and patience waiting for the truck. Very small and simple gesture to make you want to buy another truck from them in the future.  That's just my opinion and kind of  things I do for my customers.

4 hours ago, danielj said:

Your dealership should be willing to flip them around as a way to say thank you for your business and patience waiting for the truck. Very small and simple gesture to make you want to buy another truck from them in the future.  That's just my opinion and kind of things I do for my customers.

That's very nice but a dealership selling new vehicles at invoice less rebates and incentives, at a time when the majority of dealerships are selling at MSRP, shouldn't then be expected to cover the expense and time for a service technician to perform the additional work. Most service departments have full schedules booked to provide service to customer vehicles. My own dealership's service department is booked solid 3 weeks in advance and I had to wait, like everyone else, to get an appointment just to do The Works (Oil change, tire rotation, fluids check). It's very nice that you do it for your customers but it's a business and at some point, the dealership has to draw the line at what it's giving away. 

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

That's very nice but a dealership selling new vehicles at invoice less rebates and incentives, at a time when the majority of dealerships are selling at MSRP, shouldn't then be expected to cover the expense and time for a service technician to perform the additional work. Most service departments have full schedules booked to provide service to customer vehicles. My own dealership's service department is booked solid 3 weeks in advance and I had to wait, like everyone else, to get an appointment just to do The Works (Oil change, tire rotation, fluids check). It's very nice that you do it for your customers but it's a business and at some point, the dealership has to draw the line at what it's giving away. 

Agreed. I just see the getting the black out pack and a request for the tires to be flipped would be part of the new vehicle setup with the $1695 vehicle destination fee.