Quality

gp-az

As workmanship I didn't have any issues the only quality concern I have that I can see so far is the truck bed has so many gaps from the bed to the walls and from the bed to the tailgate not too happy with the design.

I have the factory spray in liner and still have gaps all the way around in the corners I think it was just poor design trying to go cheaper. I don't know how Ford trucks can be used as a heavy duty construction work truck this day and time because the bed walls feel paper-thin even with the spray in liner.

I've had my truck for a month now and I have nearly 4000 miles on it.  I will agree the gap (from inside the box) between the bed and tailgate is massive. They certainly could have and should have done better there.  Mainly where the bedsides meet the tailgate wrapping around to the bed floor.  Had a 3/8 drive wratchet and 3 sockets fall out of the bed (traveling in my driveway) with the tailgate closed.  The only real problem I've had is that the auto high beams would flash cars several times, and even flash reflective signs several times.  the dealer replaced the module assembly up above the rearview mirror and now they work great.  The fit and finish is pretty good as far as doors and fenders lining up.  Interior is also good fit/finish with exception of shifter knob which feels cheap, and does have pretty rough jagged edges that should have been smoothed out. Mine is a supercab, and the driver's door seems to shut a little harder than the passenger side, many times I have to open it and shut it again to get it latched, but everything is in good alignment when closed, so I haven't decided if it's worth messing with it yet.

Interior is quiet and the transmission works smoothly.  It always seems to find the right gear.  It does shift a lot with a trailer in tow, but I'd say that's the point in having 10 gears to choose from .

Regarding the above comment on factory spray liner, I'd agree they are paper thin.  I don't have a spray liner in mine, but I watched a lasco ford video on YouTube , maybe 2 months ago.....they had a brand new rapid red truck that they customized into a black widow edition, and painted the whole truck a flat light grey with lift, wheels, tires...etc.  It was a $100,000 truck after the customization.  On the video walk-around, inside the box which had spray liner, you could still see the rapid red showing through where the box floor meets the wheel wells. I'd be upset about that

Edited by Kory04

Crappy paint on the fuel door (Iconic Silver), discolored interior trim on the passenger grab handle, missing trim on deliver, body damage on delivery, bed gaps, transmission sounds like the 1st gear of a Dodge Diplomat in 4-5.  The transmission does shift better after 1k miles.  It runs and drives, so I guess I'm supposed to be happy.  Going on 90 days now since delivery and Ford still hasn't fixed anything.  

Edited by bshort

8 hours ago, bshort said:

Crappy paint on the fuel door (Iconic Silver), discolored interior trim on the passenger grab handle, missing trim on deliver, body damage on delivery, bed gaps, transmission sounds like the 1st gear of a Dodge Diplomat in 4-5.  The transmission does shift better after 1k miles.  It runs and drives, so I guess I'm supposed to be happy.  Going on 90 days now since delivery and Ford still hasn't fixed anything.  

I remember you were upset about that at first delivery.... I hope Ford makes it right to you somehow! But if they don't I hope you give them the ass-chewing they deserve.

• Like 1

Got my F250 CCLB 7.3  Lariat Antimatter Blue on 10/1. Still has less than 1000 mls and haven't had any quality concerns as such so far, fingers crossed. Was miffed about there being no navigation worth having, not even a free 90 day trial which was far from clear at time of ordering. That and had issues getting Carplay linked to the truck, but a call to customer services helped solve that one. Aftermarket bed spray looks really good and had ceramic window tint applied locally.

Overall so far I'm very pleased with her and love the color.

Sorry to hear some of you guys are having issues.   

21 hours ago, bshort said:

The paint, discolored interior trim, missing trim and body damage should have been noted on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery. In addition, most of the car carrier firms require their drivers to shoot photos of any damage to support the Dealer's claim. The Dealer should have addressed these issues prior to notifying you that the vehicle had arrived or delivered the vehicle to you. This is a Dealer issue more than Ford. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The paint, discolored interior trim, missing trim and body damage should have been noted on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery. In addition, most of the car carrier firms require their drivers to shoot photos of any damage to support the Dealer's claim. The Dealer should have addressed these issues prior to notifying you that the vehicle had arrived or delivered the vehicle to you. This is a Dealer issue more than Ford. 

Discolored interior trim and missing interior trim is not a carrier issue.  It's been 90 days and FORD still hasn't sent the parts to the dealer.  This is all FORD.  

21 minutes ago, bshort said:

Discolored interior trim and missing interior trim is not a carrier issue.  It's been 90 days and FORD still hasn't sent the parts to the dealer.  This is all FORD.  

The discolored and missing trim could still have been included on the Bill of Lading. Items noted on the BOL at the time of delivery are not limited strictly to carrier damage. If not detected at the time of delivery, the Dealer can still file a claim with Ford for those items. The parts situation is a different issue.  

After asking my sales person if it is the bed liner holding up my F-350 Tremor, he tells me its not only that but the Tremor package, quad led's, 5th wheel, sunroof all are on severe commodity restriction.  I responded back with sounds like the entire truck is on commodity restriction!