2 questions about buyouts

atalldaisy

are we still elidigle for a-plan, or doesnt ford want us to buy anymore fords after we get on with our new life? hane they thought about this? how much would this really cost them? maybe i would use some of my money to buy a ford!! and what about the uaw? they dont have to represent me anymore, how about a kickback? ive paid a lot a union dues in 12 years and now im going to let them off the hook? they buy each other out with our dues money, they should give us some back!! sorry if i offended anyone here, i just have to vent!

are we still elidigle for a-plan, or doesnt ford want us to buy anymore fords after we get on with our new life? hane they thought about this? how much would this really cost them? maybe i would use some of my money to buy a ford!! and what about the uaw? they dont have to represent me anymore, how about a kickback? ive paid a lot a union dues in 12 years and now im going to let them off the hook? they buy each other out with our dues money, they should give us some back!! sorry if i offended anyone here, i just have to vent!

YOU DUMB FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it weren't for the UAW your ass would have been out on the street months ago and the only thing you would have recieved is a kick it in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on the package but some allow you to keep the X and Z plan. A plan is for active employees or their family. Union dues are paid monthly for the month they are taken out of. You will not be eligble for any rebate or kickback.

YOU DUMB FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it weren't for the UAW your ass would have been out on the street months ago and the only thing you would have recieved is a kick it in it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you feel the need to bash another union member. You could have just answered their questions and taken the high road. I'm glad after 30 years to have a UAW negotiated retirement I can go to when my plant closes. The one thing I won't miss after October 27th is the back stabbing and bashing that has come to the UAW lately. I can see why the UAW and Ford are in the mess they are today, everybody is looking out to create there own little base of power without looking at the big picture.

Edited by Carbon Can Kat

Why would any one think they get or better yet are entitled to a rebate from the UAW for years worth dues? You pay for the month for which you are represented. DUUH! Do you get a rebate from the utility companies when you have their services terminated after years of paying? Why do people on this board beleive the UAW is out to screw them? Do they think if they get a rebate they are screwing the UAW back?

though i do not think any union dues should bee refunded i do think the uaw should kick in a little bit twords the buyout,i mean they are the ones telling people thhey should take it left and right,,not to mention that they can take 60 million from our strike fund to recrute new members at diff companys.if they can do that without our permission then they should be able to atleast pony up for the amount that taxes will take away,it is our money in the strike fund that they are using for others who are not uaw.

though i do not think any union dues should bee refunded i do think the uaw should kick in a little bit twords the buyout,i mean they are the ones telling people thhey should take it left and right,,not to mention that they can take 60 million from our strike fund to recrute new members at diff companys.if they can do that without our permission then they should be able to atleast pony up for the amount that taxes will take away,it is our money in the strike fund that they are using for others who are not uaw.

you voted on the delegate that your local sent to the constitution convention. the delegate you sent represents your vote. thus your delegate voted the way his or her local wanted to be represented.....your local gave the delegate ya'lls permission to vote for you.

Unbelievable some of the comments pertaining to the buyouts that I have read on this board....

Everyone thinks that the union or the company owes them something, if I remember correctly it was I that asked Ford for a job they didn't come knocking on my door begging me to come to work or them. Don't get me wrong I just get sick of the shit about how everyone thinks someone owes them something, hell do any of you think that for one minute that if you lost your job at the local auto parts store you would be entitled to a buyout package of some sort? You ought to be damn thankful that the UAW was able to negotiate the package that we are being offered instead of bitching about what your not getting.

Your about to get a dose of the real world weather you like it or not, so grow a set of balls, let go of the teat, and move on with your life and quit expecting to be suckled for the rest of it....

Edited by PStroked

I'm not employed by Ford, just a contractor for Ford. Just wondering how your penion works? Is it thru the UAW or Ford? Is that lost with a buyout or do you still retain your years of sevice and can collect at retirement?

None of your business. This is for FORD EMPLOYEES. Don't worry about our pensions

are we still elidigle for a-plan, or doesnt ford want us to buy anymore fords after we get on with our new life? hane they thought about this? how much would this really cost them? maybe i would use some of my money to buy a ford!!

I suspect, after you quit Ford and take your buyout, that you will no longer be entitled to that benefit and have to buy a car like the rest of Americans do who don't work for the company? :doh:

I got a Kick back or sorta did! when they told me they were closing aap I got out of the union that day! saved myself useless dues all year . Now if the dumb asses would quit sending that rag of a magazine. my life would be great . And to all you union lovers good luck finding a job. put down that you worked for FORD on a application and watch your opportunities pass on by. MOST companys do not want union workers.

I'm not employed by Ford, just a contractor for Ford. Just wondering how your penion works? Is it thru the UAW or Ford? Is that lost with a buyout or do you still retain your years of sevice and can collect at retirement?

Hourly workers retirement is paid by Ford only. Retirees get nothing from the UAW.

But the Ford/UAW representatives get two retirements, one paid for by Ford and one paid by the UAW members.

If you have 30 years or more you do not lose anything.

I got a Kick back or sorta did! when they told me they were closing aap I got out of the union that day! saved myself useless dues all year . Now if the dumb asses would quit sending that rag of a magazine. my life would be great . And to all you union lovers good luck finding a job. put down that you worked for FORD on a application and watch your opportunities pass on by. MOST companys do not want union workers.

OK dumbass, I guess you won't be listing Ford as a former employer on a job application?

Boy, your life would be great if someone would just stop sending you a paper in the mail? Your life must really suck!

None of your business. This is for FORD EMPLOYEES. Don't worry about our pensions

Damn dude lighten up.

IF I leave I will have another union job within a month.

The Pension is yours regardless of what happens to Ford. Your pension is underwritten by the Pension Benefits Guarantee Corporation. Although owned by the government, this is a private company that insures your pensions. Look at all the airlines that the PBGC have bailed out the last 6 years!

Believe me, if the PBGC didnt insure our pension, the UAW probably would have a pension fund set up.

The UAW in no way would allow any company to change or dip into pensions like some companies do. They dip into them because they have no labor agreements with their employees. Thats why they drop or raid the pension funds. Nothing to stop them!

YES, you are still able to get A plan.

i could see us being eligible for a-plan purchases after a buyout before i see us getting a kickback of our union dues. just like you, ive paid alot of dues in 13 years with not alot of representation....maybe we should get back a pro-rated amount.LOL......if that was the case, the UAW would go bankrupt cuz they dont represent anyone anymore

YES, you are still able to get A plan.

That question was asked at one of the meetings we had the other day and the answer was NO would you not be eligible for A or X plans, once your termination date was effective.

I don’t know how it is at other plants that are closing but a lot of the people that are losing their jobs could care less about getting A or X plan, let alone buying another Ford PERIOD!! I’ve heard a lot of people talking and saying they have bought their LAST Ford. They don’t want to support a Company that closed their plant and sent their work to Mexico or some other 3rd world country. And it’s not just the people in the plant; I’m a 3rd generation Ford worker, both of my grandfathers retired from Ford. Between both sides of my family they probably own over 25 Ford vehicles. I have a BIG family. After hearing the news of the plant closing they have all sworn to NEVER buy another Ford again!! Some of my relatives buy a new vehicle every one to two years! That’s A LOT of vehicles that Ford is not going to sell. 3 of my family members have already gotten rid of their Fords and replaced them with Chevy’s and Toyota’s. My parents have never owned anything but Fords for 50 years, now they are looking at anything but Fords. I have close friends that have the same feelings, they are DONE with Ford. One friend of mine has owned 3 different 350 Super Duty’s since 99, I got him X-plan numbers for all 3. Last week he showed up in my drive way with a 06 Duramax. He said he wasn’t going to support a Company that put one of his friends out of a job, he said “SCREW Ford!!!†And it’s not just co workers, family, and friends, who feel this way, the people in the local communities feel the same way. Many, Many people in the local communities have voiced their displeasure about the way Ford is doing their people and vow to never buy another Ford. Heck there were interviews on the local stations with people bad mouthing Ford and swearing to never buy another Ford. I hope Ford is preparing to loose some more market share because there is a ripple effect that they have set off by closing all these plants and if this is any indication of the effect it’s having at other plants, with workers, their family members, friends, and local communities, then they stand to lose A LOT more market share. :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:

I can definately understand where people that are being closed out of work can feel this way. Others that just take a buyout to move on may not. In some information that was posted to download, the 100K buyout papers say that you will still have A plan privs. I don't know if it is on all packages though.

EDOPP and FEDOPP participants get A-Plan privileges while they are enrolled in the program.

A kickback? Are you kidding me?

if i take the cash buyout i want to buy a ford. a-plan would be nice but im sure i can get an x-plan. i may not be happy with ford, but there are still other ford employees out there and in my opinion fords are the best. since i cant get a new taurus i was thinking to get a focus while they are still made in the usa. or maybe a ranger.

Unbelievable some of the comments pertaining to the buyouts that I have read on this board....

Everyone thinks that the union or the company owes them something, if I remember correctly it was I that asked Ford for a job they didn't come knocking on my door begging me to come to work or them. Don't get me wrong I just get sick of the shit about how everyone thinks someone owes them something, hell do any of you think that for one minute that if you lost your job at the local auto parts store you would be entitled to a buyout package of some sort? You ought to be damn thankful that the UAW was able to negotiate the package that we are being offered instead of bitching about what your not getting.

Your about to get a dose of the real world weather you like it or not, so grow a set of balls, let go of the teat, and move on with your life and quit expecting to be suckled for the rest of it....

Right on, reminds me of the people who had carpal tunnel syndrome on their 90th day! :rockon:

if i take the cash buyout i want to buy a ford. a-plan would be nice but im sure i can get an x-plan. i may not be happy with ford, but there are still other ford employees out there and in my opinion fords are the best. since i cant get a new taurus i was thinking to get a focus while they are still made in the usa. or maybe a ranger.

The a-plan is available to all employees taking any package retirement or termination for life.