Wendle Ford Spokane

AtlasBlue350

I've been posting on the forum that we should shout out the good dealers as well as point out the bad. I'm happy to report that Wendle Ford here in Spokane is one of the good ones. They had no problems with the wife and I giving it a thorough PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) before we met up with the salesman again. So we spent about an hour going over everything and then took it out for a test drive on the freeway. Everything was nice and smooth for the drive. Back to the dealer where we started the sales finalization. We pointed out the difference in the sticker MSRP vs what was originally on the sales order and the salesman said "We will absolutely honor the price protection", so no hassle there. We got exactly what I asked for on the trade-in when I originally ordered it. So next it was off to financing where that can be a hassle sometimes when they try to sell you stuff you don't really need. I told him that I'll save us some time and you can take everything off the menu except the extended warranty, and he said "No problem". We worked out a pretty good deal on the extended warranty based on figures I had from Flood Ford, and it was a done deal. After reading some of the horror stories that some have had when going to the dealer to finalize the sale, it was great not needing to worry about that.

There were only a couple of negative things I can report. First off, there was no Trailer Camera option package in the truck which we ordered and was on window sticker. So either it got lost somehow at the dealership, or it was not thrown in the truck at the Kentucky plant. All the other option packages were there, just not that one. My suspicion it was missed at the factory. But it's on order so should arrive soon.

The only other thing was them not being as transparent with the VVR information as I would have liked. I see people posting pictures of their VVR's that they get all the time from their dealers, but mine refused to do that. I think the salesman and sales manager wanted to give me that info, but when they went to the GM, he said "No". So I was dependent on cyberdman all the time to give me complete weekly status updates. It wasn't too big of a deal, but when you are waiting months to get your $80,000 to $100,000 truck, I think the dealers need to be as transparent as possible so our anxiety doesn't go through the roof :)

Anyway, here is the final result. As you can see from the final picture, it does have the 5th wheel prep and spray-in bedliner.

F350_1.jpg

F350_2.jpg

F350_3.jpg

F350_5.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the info. My son and his family live out there. As for the truck, most excellent color choice. I have practically the same truck except mine is a Supercab with the Godzilla motor and a matching cap. You might see it every once in a while as we do come out to visit from this side of the state.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jelange64 said:

Thank you for the info. My son and his family live out there. As for the truck, most excellent color choice. I have practically the same truck except mine is a Supercab with the Godzilla motor and a matching cap. You might see it every once in a while as we do come out to visit from this side of the state.

If I see a F250 running around in the same color with a matching topper, I'll be sure to give you a wave :) Still undecided if I want a cap. We go 5th wheeling in the summer and so you have to take it off and put it back on every year which is a pain. Plus keeping it stored somewhere.

For me, Wendle was very good to work with before the sale with several visits and test drives, but ultimately they wouldn't do x-plan.  So I ordered across town at Corwin on 11/1.  The difference between MSRP and x-plan was just too much to ignore.  I'll report how it goes when the truck is scheduled, built and delivered.

20 minutes ago, Lee2021 said:

For me, Wendle was very good to work with before the sale with several visits and test drives, but ultimately they wouldn't do x-plan.  So I ordered across town at Corwin on 11/1.  The difference between MSRP and x-plan was just too much to ignore.  I'll report how it goes when the truck is scheduled, built and delivered.

Unfortunately I didn't have any kind of X-Plan to work with so didn't have to test them on that factor. You would think that even though they don't make nearly as much profit, they would still accept the plan. Getting some profit is better than getting none at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Getting some profit is better than getting none at all.

One would think, however the dealers clearly don't see it that way. I spoke with 10 different dealerships in the South Florida area (Miami, Lauderdale, West Palm) and no one wanted to make any deal to get the business. They were all take it or leave it. Ultimately I settled on the guy who seemed the most upfront and nice. Lets see how that works out come time to sign. 

1 hour ago, CaptainKopper said:

One would think, however the dealers clearly don't see it that way. I spoke with 10 different dealerships in the South Florida area (Miami, Lauderdale, West Palm) and no one wanted to make any deal to get the business. They were all take it or leave it. Ultimately I settled on the guy who seemed the most upfront and nice. Lets see how that works out come time to sign. 

If dealers were able to get all the vehicles they ordered within 2-3 months they’d be more willing to take X plan.  But if it gets in the way of them getting stock vehicles they can sell for $5k-$10k or more some just won’t bother.

Edited by akirby

One of my orders is with Corwin which used to be Gus Ford. They were good to deal with and took X plan pricing on trucks without the tremor package.  We’ll see what they are like to deal with if and when the truck comes in and if there is any issues with the MSRP price bumps. 

Edited by 1972Mach1

Glad to see a positive report.

I have a truck that looks almost exactly like yours on the way -- on a train about halfway from Louisville to me right now -- and I'm looking forward to writing up a similar report.  When it's all done, I'll be naming names.  As you, I think it's important to know who the good guys are.

I liked Gus Johnson Ford when I lived in Spokane. He had an in house rewards program that accumulated points for work done, purchases, etc that was good for gift cards to several local restaurants and Cabala's. I left there with a couple of Cabala's cards and gave away some cards for Clinkerdaggers restaurant. They wouldn't deal when I was looking to purchase though so I went with Granger.

bob

4 hours ago, BigUnixGeek said:

Glad to see a positive report.

I have a truck that looks almost exactly like yours on the way -- on a train about halfway from Louisville to me right now -- and I'm looking forward to writing up a similar report.  When it's all done, I'll be naming names.  As you, I think it's important to know who the good guys are.

Yes, we hear enough horror stories here on the BOF, so it's nice to post a positive dealer experience. Took the truck out on a road trip this weekend to get some miles on it before towing. Wife and I loved the ride, much better than our old 2008 Duramax. But they have had a lot of time to figure out how to quiet down the engine noise and make the trucks more comfortable. Truck ran smooth as silk except for the Sync 4 electronics. I had everything running great using Android Auto's Bluetooth connection and then when we went to dinner that evening, it lost it's brains. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to sync back up to Sync 4. After we got done with dinner, started up the truck and everything was fine again. So not sure what that was about.

A couple more comments about the electronics, from my perspective. Ford's built-in Navigation system basically sucks. You are far better off using Google Maps or Waze with Android Auto. So I doubt very seriously that I'll renew once the 3 month trial runs out. Also, I wasn't all that impressed with the B&O sound system that comes with the Ford. The BOSE sound system I had in my Duramax was far superior. The B&O sound was missing something, hard to describe. Like presence. It just seemed very flat for what is suppose to be a premium sound system. And yes, I played with the equalizer settings but that didn't seem to help much.