Latest Ford.com Ordering Changes

This appears to be a permanent change, at least for now. 

It is just not the 5th wheel, AS, etc., that is missing, but several items as add-ons that would seem to involve chips. IE, Platinum has Rain/Heated Wheel; you cannot now order that option with the Lariat because it is not Standard. You can still get these items, but it appears that you must order a Trim level that already has it as a Standard feature.

Ford's way of constraining the orders going forward?

48 minutes ago, carsonbailey said:

This appears to be a permanent change, at least for now. 

It is just not the 5th wheel, AS, etc., that is missing, but several items as add-ons that would seem to involve chips. IE, Platinum has Rain/Heated Wheel; you cannot now order that option with the Lariat because it is not Standard. You can still get these items, but it appears that you must order a Trim level that already has it as a Standard feature.

Ford's way of constraining the orders going forward?

Only if those changes are in the order guide and ordering system.

Just went in to see if the options had shown back up on the builder.  Ran into this:

Notice

Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features may be currently available. We want you to have the Ford you deserve and are doing all we can to deliver it with all of your chosen features. Please contact your dealer for any questions about inventory and future availability.

Acknowledge

50 minutes ago, PineNut said:

Just went in to see if the options had shown back up on the builder.  Ran into this:

Notice

Due to a combination of high demand and global supply-chain constraints, not all models and trims or features may be currently available. We want you to have the Ford you deserve and are doing all we can to deliver it with all of your chosen features. Please contact your dealer for any questions about inventory and future availability.

Acknowledge

Same here.

Would a knowledgeable moderator post information if they have it?

I would suspect going forward, that Ford is taking a more controlled aspect over unscheduled orders. New orders will be limited. Will current unscheduled orders be affected?

On 3/15/2022 at 7:41 AM, Redlined1 said:

I would be very surprised if this impacts any order already accepted by Ford.

I would be very interested to see if it impacts any existing orders as well. More information from ford regarding existing orders would be helpful. 

2 hours ago, G_kell882 said:

I would be very interested to see if it impacts any existing orders as well. More information from ford regarding existing orders would be helpful. 

Of course parts availability affects any truck that hasn’t already been built.

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Tried building a Transit Connect the other day and a lot of the options I ordered on mine last September have disappeared. Ford is also forcing the buyer to buy a higher trim level to get some options, can't start with an XL and "a la cart" add individual options as much.

I recall reading posts from other members stating that while some options weren't available online, they could still be added to an order at the dealer.

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I recall reading posts from other members stating that while some options weren't available online, they could still be added to an order at the dealer.

That may be true, especially on volume orders if parts for the option are still available. For example, the E85 compatibility option no longer shows on ford.com's build and price page, but mine was built with it in January and I've noticed the option on a couple other Transit Connects built recently.

• Like 1