The "Eye Candy" Fusion T5...

Okay, the body kit...I can live without it. however, turbo 3.0...awd...standard trans...if Ford would just build the damned thing....

ground effects are nice, but them rims and stupid graphic are not... turbo with standard is a plus, wonder what power it makes? didnt see it in the story.

Okay, the body kit...I can live without it. however, turbo 3.0...awd...standard trans...if Ford would just build the damned thing....

And it would cost 30K+ The Mazda6Speed can be had with $3,500 in rebates, the '06 Volvo S60R can be had with a $10,000 dollar rebate!

These are paper press cars - they appeal to a few, build(Volvo) or maintain(Mazda) a brands image, people say build it, but in reality the market for these type of cars is so small and those "build it" people don't buy the car. The 265HP 3.5L will be perfect for the Fusion next fall, when it gets it's minor facelift and interior rework, you can give it a stick for those few that want one, and come the end of the year they will be giving the manual ones away – just like the Honda and Nissan Dealers do with the V6 Accord’s and Altima’s

...and come the end of the year they will be giving the manual ones away – just like the Honda and Nissan Dealers do with the V6 Accord’s and Altima’s

Maybe Honda & Nissan do, but not Mazda with the Mazda6s manual. Can't keep them instock is more like it.

But you're definetely right, the 3.5L is a much better fit for the Fusion than a turbo 3.0L. Hopefully we'll see a Fusion "ST" with a firmer suspension & 6-speed manual with the 3.5L. I'd certainly consider it.

Scott

I'm happy for the Fusion's progress so far, but to have one of the most capable chassis in its market saddled with its lesser V6 and lack of a manual makes me nauseous.

Patience. Unless they're lobotomized, the reaction to this at SEMA should give this a green light.

The 3.0 turbo'd is not a bad place to start. Why? Because there is already a considerable amount of experience with turboing the 3.0 — in the Noble, it's good for 455 hp.

http://www.noblecars.com/M15.html

_M15_068_230.jpg

The 3.5 will be a killer turbo engine, but the regular version has yet to really hit the market.

Also, and this is important, it will encourage other parts manufacturers to accept the Haldex AWD system.

IMHO, this is a critical market position.

Are there any details about the transmission?

Yeah. If those Mexicans didn't have opposable thumbs, you couldn't tell them from monkeys

Just further proof that you're nothing but a piece of shit racist Richie. I'm surprised you didn't call them ethnic monkeys. You're a disgusting piece of shit man. You and a couple other racists around here. Piece of shit through and through.

Edited by Sixcav

If a monkey were building it, they would stand a better chance of affording it, unlike the current workforce.

While I'm at it, fuck you too Pioneer. Both you pieces of shit. .!..

If a monkey were building it, they would stand a better chance of affording it, unlike the current workforce.

Current workforce gets approx. $10/hour + overtime, less benefits. Throw in some additional income from the significant other, and a 4-cyl. Fusion is at the upper end of the price scale. Unfortunately, Ford doesn't sell the 4-cylinder Fusion in Mexico.

ground effects are nice, but them rims and stupid graphic are not... turbo with standard is a plus, wonder what power it makes? didnt see it in the story.

I agree the graphics are a little too "Boy Racer" for my taste. That thing in Black, Dark Blue or Bright Red with the black chrome grille and trim would look great.

Wow...any thread is seemingly cursed to have a union guy whining about th enew honcho's pay. Topic doesn't matter, the whining is consistent.

And no, I don't care for the graphics of the rims. I DO care for the potential of a fast awd Fusion, something to shake things up. I've said it and I mean it: when Ford builds the Fusion I'm waiting for, it's bought. The various bits required are all available.

Now this aint bad...

TN_ford-projects-sema-2006-03.JPG

Lincoln MKX by 3dCarbon

TN_ford-projects-sema-2006-01.JPG

Ford Edge by 3dCarbon

These cars cut to the chase that Ford can't produce a decent sporting version of its car lines. That was made clear by the intro of the Shelby GT Mustang as referenced in the Bold Moves episode. This was supposed to be what SVT was all about. Ford let it become a 1 car deal with the Mustang Cobra/GT 500. In the meantime Chrysler has extended the SRT lineover its product range. Maybe Ford should do the same with Shelby or by reviving SVT with a full line from Focus to 500.

As it is it leaves the individual dealers to spend the money to produce their own halo cars.

Now this aint bad...

TN_ford-projects-sema-2006-03.JPG

Lincoln MKX by 3dCarbon

TN_ford-projects-sema-2006-01.JPG

Ford Edge by 3dCarbon

They're so low to the ground, they kind of look like a sporty minivan to me. Which isn't a bad thing for minivans, they would make a nice one if the rear had sliding doors.

Just further proof that you're nothing but a piece of shit racist Richie. I'm surprised you didn't call them ethnic monkeys. You're a disgusting piece of shit man. You and a couple other racists around here. Piece of shit through and through.
Then shut the hell up and go away.

Then shut the hell up and go away.

Man fuck you ebritt. Take the side of the racist pig if you like. Tell me who you're with, I'll tell you what you are. What are you going to do if I don't go away? That's right nothing.

Edited by Sixcav