Catalytic converter cages for Ford vehicles?

I live in Portland OR and like many cities we are experiencing a huge increase in catalytic converter thefts.

The police are recommending putting a catalytic converter cage on your vehicle to deter theft. I got a recommendation for a muffler shop that installs them, but when I called they said Ford doesn't make one for my 2016 Fusion. Some people suggested having a local shop fabricate one. Others recommended searching online for a generic one. Neither of these sound like a good option to me. i would prefer something designed to fit my vehicle.

Does anyone know if Ford has plans to create custom cat cages for their product line?

**update-- I called my Ford dealership and they said to look for an aftermarket one but didn't make any recommendation.

Edited by Tom Bucceri

Don't know why it took so long, but Connecticut finally is enacting legislation that requires people bringing in cat conv's to junkyards to provide documentation i.e. VIN's etc.  Every junkyard  nationwide should get driver's license info, year, make and model of car they drove onto the lot with.   On a side note, how about mfrs. come up with a solution that doesn't use valuable minerals/materials.

Edited by Joe771476

28 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

On a side note, how about mfrs. come up with a solution that doesn't use valuable minerals/materials.

Considering that catalytic converters have been around for at least 50 years and the world’s smartest scientists have yet to come up with an alternative - maybe it’s not quite that simple.  They’re called precious metals for a reason.