1.5L coolant intrusion satisfaction program

This type of stuff kills me, this is a known issues which is a defect/design issue.  There should be a much higher limit for this on mileage then 84k.  They are only extending the powertrain by 24 months.

And for those who bought an ESP to prevent these types of costs for these issues are of no benefit then someone who didn't buy one.

Edited by blwnsmoke

2 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

This type of stuff kills me, this is a known issues which is a defect/design issue.  There should be a much higher limit for this on mileage then 84k.  They are only extending the powertrain by 24 months.

And for those who bought an ESP to prevent these types of costs for these issues are of no benefit then someone who didn't buy one.

That’s what I said but notice they are covering any repair, regardless of mileage or time through November of this year.

And the ESP covers a LOT more than just the engine block.

Wonder what happened to all of the Class Action lawsuits regarding this?  Bet Ford found a way to stall and get it sidetracked for 20 years like it has done with issues before.  I'd be happy with 10/100, not 7/84, since I have ESP for that long anyway.  This does NOTHING for me.  Figures,  and I'm not buying another Ford after this one.

3 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Have fun paying MSRP or above for a new one.  Bad timing.

Possibly. There is a sales guy that my father has bought at least 5 vehicles from in Metro Detroit area who has said he would give me A plan if I order. We'll see as a lot can change in a few months.  Conflicting reports about the chip shortage too.  I'm cautiously optimistic. If I have to pay MSRP on Maverick that's not that big of a deal, since invoice and MSRP aren't that far apart.

This was/is one of the most active topics on fordescape.org and compelled me to get rid of my 2018 (new in '19) after 26 months. I bought a new Ranger, also an open deck turbocharged engine, but seems to have fewer issues outside of some reporting fuel in oil. Non-turbo Fords that I've had including my present 2009 Mariner have given me very reliable service. PHEVor BEV next for me toward the end of the decade.