The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

Next Generation Ranger Spied with Long Bed

Question

5 answers to this question

I’d buy that one in a heartbeat.  I think it looks far better than the short bed on a crew cab.  Maybe a 6.5’ foot bed on a supercab?

Just when I thought I could live with a 5' bed, now maybe next year I'll have to upgrade again. Ford sure knows how to keep me on the hook.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I’d buy that one in a heartbeat.  I think it looks far better than the short bed on a crew cab.  Maybe a 6.5’ foot bed on a supercab?

Give me a hybrid (or if nothing else the correct number of pedals) and that will be my next vehicle. 

Ford Authority is reporting that there may not  be a 6G SuperCab Ranger in NA, SuperCrew only?

On one hand, I can see reducing complexity with only one frame, lopping some overhang off for a 5' box on the same wheelbase. On the other hand, the 6G Ranger is getting some practical upgrades like width between the wheel wells increased to accommodate a NA standard pallet, and a work surface tailgate. On the third hand, they already modified the frame to build the Bronco, so maybe it isn't too much of a stretch to keep the 126" wheelbase SuperCab  and widen it. I don't know if the next gen gm Canyorado and Toyota Tacoma will offer a supercab/6' box, the new Nissan Frontier does.

I’m ok with that as long as they offer the longer bed.  Might hurt fleet and commercial sales though.