2023 Expedition Order Bank

SilverSurfer

Has anyone heard if the '23 order bank opened yet for the Expedition?  I checked earlier in the week with my dealer, and it hadn't opened yet, even though the order guide is out....

I also find it odd that you can order '23 vehicles, but they don't have a place for them on the website yet.  Is it always that way?  When do they usually update the website?  Seems odd not to be current, especially for a company that wants to have online ordering....

5 hours ago, SilverSurfer said:

Has anyone heard if the '23 order bank opened yet for the Expedition?  I checked earlier in the week with my dealer, and it hadn't opened yet, even though the order guide is out....

I also find it odd that you can order '23 vehicles, but they don't have a place for them on the website yet.  Is it always that way?  When do they usually update the website?  Seems odd not to be current, especially for a company that wants to have online ordering....

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open for the 2023 Expedition and orders can be submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. As akirby stated, the 2023MY Expedition will be available online at Ford.com at a later date. 

Edited by ice-capades

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is open for the 2023 Expedition and orders can be submitted via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. As akirby stated, the 2023MY Expedition will be available online at Ford.com at a later date. 

Thanks Ice-Capdes - it figures that I posted that last night, and the dealer contacted me today saying the order bank was now open and we got our order in.  :)

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 2:49 AM, ice-capades said:

Thanks for that heads up.  Any word on when 2023 pricing will be published?  Also curious if the new 501A Timberline black interior will have any accent stitching...seems like black and the orange/tangerine could look a little Halloween schemed in there.... ha!

12 hours ago, doubleeagle45 said:

Thanks for that heads up.  Any word on when 2023 pricing will be published?  Also curious if the new 501A Timberline black interior will have any accent stitching...seems like black and the orange/tangerine could look a little Halloween schemed in there.... ha!

The 2023 Expedition Price List was released to Dealers on 08/22/2022. Pricing was available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system at the same time allowing the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) to open and Dealers to submit orders. Information on vehicle specifications including interior trim descriptions is available in the 2023 Expedition Order Guide which is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jrk341 said:

We ordered my wife a 2023 timberline in iconic silver on Sept 9th. Got an email today that it's scheduled for production the week of Nov 28th.

Congrats! - Silver was a close second for me, but we went with the Stone Blue.   Initially I got the week of 11/28 email as well, and then later the same day got another email that it has been delayed/pushed back to week of Dec. 12th.... I'm curious if you are still projected for November, or if you guys got bumped as well.  Fingers crossed that we are not in for the same kind of 7-9 month waits that a lot of 2022 MY folks had to deal with. Best of luck on getting the new ride ASAP!

46 minutes ago, Champs said:

A Ford dealer out of Toledo, OH has allowed access to the pricing and options which can be found at the link below. You can change models, trims, years, etc.

https://www.thayerbg.com/carresearch/VehicleOptions/confid_thayerauto/section_StandardEquipment/id_51641/

Those appear to be MSRP numbers, so what is different than using the Ford Build & Price site?

HRG

The difference is that no all Years are on Ford's site [such as the 2023 Escape]. There is also an easier way to toggle between standard equipment, options, trims, etc. It also evidences that Dealers do in fact have the ability to order the vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:38 PM, doubleeagle45 said:

Congrats! - Silver was a close second for me, but we went with the Stone Blue.   Initially I got the week of 11/28 email as well, and then later the same day got another email that it has been delayed/pushed back to week of Dec. 12th.... I'm curious if you are still projected for November, or if you guys got bumped as well.  Fingers crossed that we are not in for the same kind of 7-9 month waits that a lot of 2022 MY folks had to deal with. Best of luck on getting the new ride ASAP!

We did get bumped the same day to Dec 12. I got an email today that it's been bumped to Dec 5th.

3 hours ago, jrk341 said:

We did get bumped the same day to Dec 12. I got an email today that it's been bumped to Dec 5th.

Wow - looks like we really are in the same boat!  We received a second "production schedule change"  notice moving ours to week of 12/5 as well....  I guess sometimes it really is a small world. 

Fingers crossed that we both get our trucks built, shipped and delivered without any significant delays!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, KingRanchRuby said:

Never heard that before. What is it that prevents them from selling the 2022s after 12/31? Do they have to deliver all 22 models to dealerships by that date or face penalties under the law?

I should have said they can’t manufacture them after 12/31.  

• Like 1

Decided to order an Expedition Timberline that I was originally interested in before we ordered my Wife's Navigator last January. It got delivered to our dealer about 10 days after it was built in mid-August, that was super fast. We really like her new Navigator. Our dealer submitted the order the Saturday before Thanksgiving and I received an email from Ford with a VIN and a 1/9 week of PROD early the morning of Thanksgiving. Five days! GM needs to take notes. 

Edited by BigVette
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ordered 2023 Expedition Max Limited Stealth Performance Edition 4x4 on 8/22/23.  Received a Ford email 10/11 that it was originally scheduled for production 11/21 & provided me the VIN.  The very same day I received another email from Ford pushing the production date to 11/28 (LOL).  The tracking website finally updated with a production date of 12/7 then a final build date of 12/8.  Getting a bit anxious I contacted my dealership and they provided me a few updates from their system but they never really panned out.  I then received an estimated delivery date of 12/21 to 1/7 only to later change to 1/7 to 1/13.  The last email I received from Ford was 12/31 that advised me the Truck was shipped and is on its way.  Again I contacted my dealership and they sent me a pic of their screen that provided me a shipping rail car# TTGX996523...with that I was able to call the rail company and track it.  I found it arrived in Houston, TX on 1/4/23.  Getting more excited I thought for sure I was going to get a call from the dealership any day.  Still waiting!  As of yesterday the truck is still waiting on a carrier to make it's final trek to my dealership 10 miles or so from the rail yard.  The last update from Ford and my dealership is an expected delivery date of 1/25 to 1/31.

Sorry for the long drawn out timeline but I thought it may help out others that are patiently waiting and curious to the timeline.  I have a feeling the timelines are not universal due to the economy, time of year, shipping location etc... I've still not seen a 2023 Expedition yet and am pretty excited to get my eyes/hands on it.