2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

6 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

I am a bit worried; I ordered my ST Select on 4/1 with the Vista Moon roof, Tow Package, and a few other options. I was not made aware of the Vista Moon roof shortage but keep checking with the dealership to make sure my order remains the same from when I signed off on it.  I did get an email on 4/3 that my order has been confirmed and that I would be updated throughout the process.  

Do I need to worry, that my order will be changed without my permission?  

Also, if it is changed, I will not be taking ownership, as it is not what I ordered. 

Commodity restraints change weekly, with your dealer being the best resource for updates. A couple of weeks ago, our PHEV with Panoramic Vista roof was pushed back a couple of weeks from early April to the 19th and then the 21st. We are still on for a build day of 21st April. Therefore, I assume they expect to have some vista roofs available next week.

If your dealer sees constraints delaying your build, they should bring them to your attention, so you can make the decision to make changes to the order. Since I have know my Sales Manager for 20 yrs, I am comfortable with him managing the order and making whatever changes are necessary. With my F-450 last year he deleted the factory spray-in bedliner as that was causing scheduling delays and sent it to LineX when it arrived at the dealer.

Should you decline to take ownership, you will have a very happy dealer, as they can then sell the vehicle with a higher dealer mark-up.  To put it in perspective - last year when my F-450 arrived, my Sales Manager was on holiday, so the other Sales Manager found the keys for me, so I could check it out. As we checked out the truck, he offered me a $10K cheque to walk away from the truck. As I mentioned, if you walk away, the dealer will not be disappointed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chodaddy15 said:

Congrats, how much did they refund you?

I think it was $100 - $110 this of course is Canadian $

we have the panoramic vista roof not sure about sirius radio

this was also Z plan and $5K government rebate, we pick it up 04/17

• Like 1

I was scheduled to the day, April 19th.

Then i got an email yesterday that i was scheduled to the week April 17th

I looked tonight, and it says scheduled to the week April 19 and it also says in production. Is that normal? since the build date is a week away.

Also when i click on the sticker link, it says no sticker is available.

4 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

Should you decline to take ownership, you will have a very happy dealer, as they can then sell the vehicle with a higher dealer mark-up.  To put it in perspective - last year when my F-450 arrived, my Sales Manager was on holiday, so the other Sales Manager found the keys for me, so I could check it out. As we checked out the truck, he offered me a $10K cheque to walk away from the truck. As I mentioned, if you walk away, the dealer will not be disappointed.

$10k!?? That would be very hard to turn down.

Has anyone gotten their escape in Vapor blue? id love to see a picture

Red, but the vapor blue was up there too. Was a hard choice

Well mine has but stuck 'in production' for the past 7 days. How long of production are you all seeing?

Edited by Aguy

21 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

I am a bit worried; I ordered my ST Select on 4/1 with the Vista Moon roof, Tow Package, and a few other options. I was not made aware of the Vista Moon roof shortage but keep checking with the dealership to make sure my order remains the same from when I signed off on it.  I did get an email on 4/3 that my order has been confirmed and that I would be updated throughout the process.  

Do I need to worry, that my order will be changed without my permission?  

Also, if it is changed, I will not be taking ownership, as it is not what I ordered. 

I ordered a ST Elite Hybrid with the moon roof on 3/11. I got an email a few mins ago with a build date on 5/22. I know how you feel. 

12 hours ago, escape20 said:

I was scheduled to the day, April 19th.

Then i got an email yesterday that i was scheduled to the week April 17th

I looked tonight, and it says scheduled to the week April 19 and it also says in production. Is that normal? since the build date is a week away.

Also when i click on the sticker link, it says no sticker is available.

Your dealer has the latest updates available 24/7.

In my experience with previous orders, they change from "In order processing" and scheduled to day to "In Production" about 7 to 8 days before the build day. This is when your order is sent to the plant. I find the window sticker is normally available the following day. 

Our build date is 21st April, so I expect to see it change to in production later today or tomorrow morning. Should have a window sticker by Saturday.

11 hours ago, Aguy said:

$10k!?? That would be very hard to turn down.

Red, but the vapor blue was up there too. Was a hard choice

Well mine has but stuck 'in production' for the past 7 days. How long of production are you all seeing?

yeah I hear ya. Almost chose the cinnabun color too but went with red. Mine is st-elite so the red with black wheels with the black interior with red stiching on the leather will be really cool looking

1 hour ago, nep84 said:

I ordered a ST Elite Hybrid with the moon roof on 3/11. I got an email a few mins ago with a build date on 5/22. I know how you feel. 

That is great news!!!   I also received an email a few minutes ago with a build date of 5/29.  No window sticker is available yet, but I was able to check the order details and do see that the moon roof is still on, so that is a good thing.  I hope that this is a sign that things are starting to pick back up with production. 

Last night I got the email from Ford Motor Co stating my vehicle is now in final inspection 

Great news! Your 2023 EscapePlatinum has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.”

also when I look at the dealership website it is now shown as “In Transit” and part of their stock(based on Vin No. I guess for some of the dealerships they list your “custom order” in their inventory with a stock number. I suspect it’s partly in case you decide not to take delivery there may be interest in the vehicle so they can turn it over faster.  

43 minutes ago, irisheyes_13 said:

That was one of the colors I going to get, but went with Atlas Blue.  I have heard it is a beautiful color. 

I saw an image of the Mustang in one of those sneak peeks of car sightings with the vapor blue. It is a pretty color. Later I saw the cinnamon red and that’s real nice too. Not the bright “look at me and give me a ticket” red.

6 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

That is great news!!!   I also received an email a few minutes ago with a build date of 5/29.  No window sticker is available yet, but I was able to check the order details and do see that the moon roof is still on, so that is a good thing.  I hope that this is a sign that things are starting to pick back up with production. 

Yeah everything is there noon roof Sirius the whole thing 

From what I’ve read here 5/22 doesn’t mean 5/22 but it does mean we are in line. It’s gonna go up and down. Fingers crossed for all of us to get ours soon 

53 minutes ago, nep84 said:

Yeah everything is there noon roof Sirius the whole thing 

From what I’ve read here 5/22 doesn’t mean 5/22 but it does mean we are in line. It’s gonna go up and down. Fingers crossed for all of us to get ours soon 

Most of the time, upon being assigned a VIN you are "Scheduled to Week" which will have  a Monday date. Even if the schedule doesn't slip, you are then "Scheduled to Day", which is a specific day in that week. Although the date in the tracker changes, the online tracker doesn't differentiate between Scheduled to Week and Scheduled to Day, but you can always get the secondary status and date from your dealer. 

35 minutes ago, driftlessNick said:

I just drove mine home. It had everything as ordered except the hands free lift gate, no change on the window sticker from what the tracker showed me. (Platinum with ICE, premium tech, moonroof, and tow package) 

I am jealous. I passed on my order as it was taking too long. I got a '23 Edge last week as i needed a car due to my '22 being declared a total loss in mid march. My salesperson told me my ST-Line Elite on a 36 month lease @ 15k/yr was probably going to be upwards of $700/month.  It just got cleared to ship yesterday. 

59 minutes ago, driftlessNick said:

I just drove mine home. It had everything as ordered except the hands free lift gate, no change on the window sticker from what the tracker showed me. (Platinum with ICE, premium tech, moonroof, and tow package) 

What color did you get?

13 hours ago, irisheyes_13 said:

That was one of the colors I going to get, but went with Atlas Blue.  I have heard it is a beautiful color. 

I saw an image of the Mustang in one of those sneak peeks of car sightings with the vapor blue. It is a pretty color. Later I saw the cinnamon red and that’s real nice too. Not the bright “look at me and give me a ticket” red.