2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Spied Without Camo

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It boils down to the infamous arguments with Biker16 we had almost 20 years ago..if the NA Market isn't willing to pay extra for something it doesn't feel necessary, what is the point?

We've seen bitching about interior materials on Ford products for 20+ years, but has it significantly impacted sales? It seems like materials Ford is using might seem cheaper but hold up better over time over competitors using "nicer" materials in their products. 

Not my justification, but that seems like what Ford is doing. 

The luxury market's just a different beast. Trying to get away with cheaper materials because they last longer is a good way of getting out of the luxury market.

Edited by Gurgeh

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It boils down to the infamous arguments with Biker16 we had almost 20 years ago..if the NA Market isn't willing to pay extra for something it doesn't feel necessary, what is the point?

We've seen bitching about interior materials on Ford products for 20+ years, but has it significantly impacted sales? It seems like materials Ford is using might seem cheaper but hold up better over time over competitors using "nicer" materials in their products. 

Not my justification, but that seems like what Ford is doing. 

the issue for me is that how many sales are they missing out on because it’s mostly the same model as the 4 year old ones?

though I’d still argue refreshes are necessary if the work weren’t done for it, I think it’s even worse here since the engineering for the changed have already been done

• Like 1