Disable Seat Belt Dinger on 2023 SD

Anyone know how to disable the seat belt dinger on the 2023 SD?  Yes, I'm aware the instructions are in the Supplimental, but it doesn't work... I can't get past Step #1 where you turn the key on, wait 1 minute, and the seat belt light goes out... the indicator never goes out.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:48 PM, akirby said:

Or put on the seatbelt……

I find these comments unhelpful. If the question was, "I ride exclusively on the interstate, speed 20 over the limit, and I like to watch videos while driving, how can I get rid of the dinging," then, yes, the answer should be, "Wear your seatbelt."

But there are many instances where the annoyances of a seatbelt outweigh the benefits. For example, driving through empty fields with lots of gates, launching a boat, backing up to a trailer, etc., do not require a seatbelt and the dinging can be more than annoying.

If you don't want to help, then fine. But adding snarky remarks like, "Just wear your seatbelt," is not helping and just trying to start something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieKelley said:

I find these comments unhelpful. If the question was, "I ride exclusively on the interstate, speed 20 over the limit, and I like to watch videos while driving, how can I get rid of the dinging," then, yes, the answer should be, "Wear your seatbelt."

But there are many instances where the annoyances of a seatbelt outweigh the benefits. For example, driving through empty fields with lots of gates, launching a boat, backing up to a trailer, etc., do not require a seatbelt and the dinging can be more than annoying.

If you don't want to help, then fine. But adding snarky remarks like, "Just wear your seatbelt," is not helping and just trying to start something.

How did I know that he was driving in one of the scenarios you mentioned?

11 hours ago, akirby said:

How did I know that he was driving in one of the scenarios you mentioned?

You didn't, but I would have assumed people reading my question would have interpreted that as a 'reasonable' need, rather than a way to skirt the safety virtues of a seatbelt.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, fordmantpw said:

Instead of waiting for the seat belt light to go out, wait for the airbag light to go out and proceed.

As it turns out... no, that didn't work, either.  Maybe I'm missing the cues, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong, or maybe the 2023 just doesn't do it.

10 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Weird, I read on another forum that that was the issue.  Apparently not.

I'm going to continue to work on it...  If I find a working solution, I'll post about it.

The airbag light goes out almost instantly, after everything cycles, I even waited over a minute before I cycled the seat belt... but nothing.

On 6/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, RustyRooter said:

I'm going to continue to work on it...  If I find a working solution, I'll post about it.

The airbag light goes out almost instantly, after everything cycles, I even waited over a minute before I cycled the seat belt... but nothing.

E-brake is set, yes?

another reason not to be wearing a seatbelt while driving carefully is when you are snowplowing, have you ever tried snowplowing a lot during a storm with your belt on, not 1 bit comfortable or practicable you are constantly moving around & looking back & forth for what or who jumps behind you, You would be surprised how many people still try to get behind you just to get a parking spot or around you with strobes flashing in all direction. The best 1 was in the middle of the 2015 winter when we had storm after storm a guy parks his white van in the middle of a closed lot & the snow is blowing around like crazy & he looks @ you when you blow your horn as he walks away ! so yes there are reasons why a person needs the seatbelt chime off !!

Ok got it to work tonight on my 2023. 

Set e brake 

As soon as you go into ACC and all the lights come on, watch the airbag light. It will go out in like a second or two. I waited five seconds, started the three click/un-click procedure, then on the 4th click/un-click the seatbelt light flashed 4 times then stayed solid letting me know it worked. Sure enough I went down the neighborhood street with no dinging. 

I will say the manual still how’s the old procedures of waiting for the seatbelt light to go off before starting, but as fordmantpw mentioned above, it is the airbag light you need to be watching. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

New here and have tried the ways I found online and in my paper owners manual , but found a place to look up owner manual on PDF and found this for the new 2023 F250 I just got .

SWITCHING THE SEATBELT REMINDER ON AND OFF

WARNING   WARNING:  While the system allows you to deactivate it, this system is designed to improve your chances of being safely belted and surviving an accident. We recommend you leave the system activated for yourself and others who may use the vehicle.

Note:   The driver and front passenger warnings switch off independently. When you perform this procedure for one seating position and the other seat is occupied, fasten the other seat.
Read Steps 1 - 4 before proceeding with the programming procedure.
Make sure that:
  • You set the parking brake.
  • The transmission is in park (P).
  • The ignition is off.
  • You close all vehicle doors.
  • You unfasten the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
  1. Start the engine.
  1. Wait a short period of time until the seatbelt warning tone switches off. After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once you start Step 3, complete the procedure within 30 seconds.
  1. For the seating position you are switching off, fasten then unfasten the seatbelt four times at a moderate speed, ending in the unfastened state. After each unfasten, the seatbelt warning light switches on and off with each fasten.
  1. The seatbelt warning light flashes for confirmation.
This switches the feature off for that seating position if it is currently on.
This switches the feature on for that seating position if it is currently off.

• ice-capades changed the title to Disable Seat Belt Dinger on 2023 SD