Ford CFO Says Supply Chain Issues Easing, But Not Completely

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Gotcha!  Today is my first day of retirement, so the days of having to deal with (In)Human Resources are now behind me,,,,,

HRG

Wife and I will be retiring sometime between next week and early 2025 depending on whether they force us to drive 45 minutes to the office 3 days a week where neither of us actually works with anyone in the office.

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Wife and I will be retiring sometime between next week and early 2025 depending on whether they force us to drive 45 minutes to the office 3 days a week where neither of us actually works with anyone in the office.

Do you work at the same place?

3 years left for my wife.  4 for me, but mine will be partial retirement.  I plant to continue my side gig, which will allow me to leave the corporate world earlier than if I didn't.  And then I can work from the RV sitting next to the Badlands in South Dakota if I so choose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Do you work at the same place?

3 years left for my wife.  4 for me, but mine will be partial retirement.  I plant to continue my side gig, which will allow me to leave the corporate world earlier than if I didn't.  And then I can work from the RV sitting next to the Badlands in South Dakota if I so choose.

Yep same location so we can go together.  I plan to build and sell woodworking projects but I’m not sure exactly how much income I can get.  If they would just let us both work from home 18 more months we can retire then with the house paid off and get SS plus pensions plus 401k.  If one or both go now it will be a little harder but still doable if push comes to shove.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Yep same location so we can go together.  I plan to build and sell woodworking projects but I’m not sure exactly how much income I can get.  If they would just let us both work from home 18 more months we can retire then with the house paid off and get SS plus pensions plus 401k.  If one or both go now it will be a little harder but still doable if push comes to shove.

I’m in a similar situation to yours but only  live 7-10 minutes from work so not a big deal to go into work. I do like the idea of hybrid work for those who’s travel adds up to 1 to 3 hours each day, a strong case could be made for some of those hours to be spent at home on the job instead of travelling.

Hang in there mate, I’m sure our 401k/superannuation plans will come good once we see the back of 2023.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 6:57 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

Gotcha!  Today is my first day of retirement, so the days of having to deal with (In)Human Resources are now behind me,,,,,

HRG

Congratulations, been retired 10.5 yrs already, definitely the best job ever. Pension cheques keep rolling in every month.

On 6/30/2023 at 9:57 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

Congrats.  But for some of my retired co-workers that was just the beginning of dealing with HR…at least those that had a company pension or retirement health benefits.