2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

6 hours ago, Bob Bales said:
Yesterday 04:29 PM - permalink

Hi, I'm new to the site and glad to be here.
I received an order confirmation from Ford Motor Company on a 2024 F-350 SWD Super Duty Limited I ordered on July 28, 2023. I was informed at that time they would stay in touch with me at 45-day intervals. I've had one notice around 09/14/2023 in which I received an email from Ford stating, "We're still confirming your scheduled build date". I have a "Priority Code 19 with two order options 1. Rapid Heat Supplement Heater 2. Individual TPMS. My question to the members is what kind of ETA should I expect? Thanks

There are a LOT of variables that go into determining when you'll get scheduled (dealer allocation availability, part constraints, and other cosmic dice) so no one here can really give you an idea. Priority 19 is the default priority; if I were to guess that's the most common code. Several of us here ordered '23 and never got them, but who knows how '24 is going. Ultimately I'd say since you ordered a Limited you are likely in for a long wait. 

5 hours ago, Bob Bales said:

Hey, I don't know what checking "Modules" means or how to check it. Please clue me in. Thanks

This refers to a system to check in on the "call and response" of the networked modules in a vehicle.  The site motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt takes a VIN and then reports back any modules attached to that vehicle that are online. The only point is to confirm that the truck is actively being assembled as the data itself isn't really worth anything to us. But hearing a heartbeat is nice when you're expecting. :)

Ok, my truck now had a date added to the “In Production” status on the tracker. 

So here’s the order of events.

1) 7 days prior to entering the final assembly line, you will see a tracker change to “In Production” without a date.  At this point the right axles will be found and arranged in build order, a body with the right paint color will be stamped and welded. The right engine will be arranged in build order etc etc.  for 7 days.

2) 7 days and a few hours after going into “In Production” on the tracker, your BCE modules As built configuration will become available. This is the data that will be configured into your modules in a few hours. This data can be used later if you need to replace your trucks modules. Does not indicate your truck is alive. Simply indicates the data is ready to be uploaded to the modules as they get connected later. 

3) 12 hours later (7 days and 15 ish hours after the In Production status change) a date will be added to the In Production status on the tracker. This is simply a conformation of what you already knew following the module info. 

4) Truck should be built within 22  hours of module data first showing up.  This has not happened yet for my truck. 

Edited by ClaudeSS

7 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

There are a LOT of variables that go into determining when you'll get scheduled (dealer allocation availability, part constraints, and other cosmic dice) so no one here can really give you an idea. Priority 19 is the default priority; if I were to guess that's the most common code. Several of us here ordered '23 and never got them, but who knows how '24 is going. Ultimately I'd say since you ordered a Limited you are likely in for a long wait. 

This refers to a system to check in on the "call and response" of the networked modules in a vehicle.  The site motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=%2FAsBuilt takes a VIN and then reports back any modules attached to that vehicle that are online. The only point is to confirm that the truck is actively being assembled as the data itself isn't really worth anything to us. But hearing a heartbeat is nice when you're expecting. :)

Hey Mylriahd, thank you for your informative answer.

2 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

1) 7 days prior to entering the final assembly line, you will see a tracker change to “In Production” without a date.  At this point the right axles will be found and arranged in build order, a body with the right paint color will be stamped and welded. The right engine will be arranged in build order etc etc.  for 7 days.

2) 7 days and a few hours after going into “In Production” on the tracker, your BCE modules will come alive. Your truck is on the final line. 

3) 12 hours later (7 days and 15 ish hours after the In Production status change) a date will be added to the In Production status on the tracker. This is simply a conformation of what you already knew following the module info. 

4) Truck should be built within 22  hours of module data first showing up.  This has not happened yet for my truck. 

Hi ClaudeSS, that was an interesting production timeline you laid out. Thanks

Has any member ordered a 2024 Super Duty Limited and received a “Scheduled for Production” notice or better?

I ordered my 2024 Super Duty Limited SWD on July 28, 2023, and only received one 45-day update which stated “We’re still confirming your scheduled build date” around September 15, 2023.

3 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

2) 7 days and a few hours after going into “In Production” on the tracker, your BCE modules will come alive. Your truck is on the final line. 

This is pretty accurate assessment. My status changed overnight to this.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 064622.png

• Like 2

Greetings - I appreciate all the assistance in understanding this process.  As of yesterday my 2024 F-250 Limited, CC, Short Bed, was "In Production" as of 11/12.  My dealer says it has a build date of 11/16.  

The below image is what I see when I went to the module link.  As I understand it, the vehicle is not "Alive" yet - Am I correct ?  Thanks in advance.  CR

Edited by GoinPlaces

1 hour ago, GoinPlaces said:

Greetings - I appreciate all the assistance in understanding this process.  As of yesterday my 2024 F-250 Limited, CC, Short Bed, was "In Production" as of 11/12.  My dealer says it has a build date of 11/16.  

The below image is what I see when I went to the module link.  As I understand it, the vehicle is not "Alive" yet - Am I correct ?  Thanks in advance.  CR

Module Info v2.jpg

1FT8W2BMOREC26875.ab

Yes that is correct. Once your truck is alive it will have all kinds of code in the BCE modules.

13 hours ago, Bob Bales said:

Has any member ordered a 2024 Super Duty Limited and received a “Scheduled for Production” notice or better?

I ordered my 2024 Super Duty Limited SWD on July 28, 2023, and only received one 45-day update which stated “We’re still confirming your scheduled build date” around September 15, 2023.

All the Luxury trims, KR, Plat and Limited have way too many orders compared to capacity. In addition HO diesel is over capacity in the order bank.

Limited’s are being scheduled and built. But early 7/17 orders being done first and other constraint like HO diesel slowing people down. Lariats and below quickly being scheduled thru November. Lariats beginning to get congested by end of November 

I just got a “Shipped” txt message and email from Ford. 11/13 build week that first went into “In Production” status morning of 11/6. 

So for me, 8-1/2 days after it showed In Production it will be built and shipped. 

Production Steps to Watch

1) Tracker status changes to “In Production” starting 7 days prior to scheduled build week. 
2) 12 hours after going In Production, Window Sticker will be available. 
3) 7 days and 6 hours after going In Production, the BCE module As Built data will be created based on your build sheet info.  Your truck is still piles of parts at this point. This As Built info will later be uploaded to your truck as it’s built.

4) 7 days and 18 hours after going “In Production, your truck will enter the final assembly line and your tracker will show a Date next to the In Production status. 
5) 8 Days and 18 hours after going In Production status and 24 hours after getting a date added to the In Production, your truck will be built and shortly after shipped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TP22 said:

New to the site if I would order a new 2024 F250 this month what kind of time frame am I looking at, scheduled, built and delivered. 

Too many factors for anyone to predict; depends on the dealer you choose and their allocation, the trim you want, and the options you select and any part constraints they are under. Choose a dealer that you feel has good communication; they don't control when the truck will be in production but they can see what is happening with orders and guide you. A good resource if you want to learn all the buzzwords and the types of constraints the trucks are frequently under is the youtube channel "Long McArthur". Check the Scheduling Notes videos, they talk mainly about which builds are unlikely to be built due to specific features. 

On 11/15/2023 at 8:44 AM, GoinPlaces said:

Bob Bales - 

I ordered a 2024 F250 Limited, CC, SRW, Short Bed, and the 5th Wheel Prep comes standard as part of the Package that includes 360 Camera, Axles Upgrade, 10k GVWR, and 5th Wheel/Gooseneck hitch Prep.  

On 11/14/2023 at 5:33 AM, Bob Bales said:

Bob Bales - 

I ordered a 2024 F250 Limited, CC, SRW, Short Bed, and the 5th Wheel Prep comes standard as part of the Package that includes 360 Camera, Axles Upgrade, 10k GVWR, (and 5th Wheel/Gooseneck hitch Prep).  

I ordered 8/12/23, received a priority of 10 and on September 28 (pre-strike) received a Ford email stating it was Scheduled for week of November 6.  On November 13 Ford tracking indicated it was In Production 11/12.  My dealer tells me it is scheduled for build 11/16.  Window sticker was not/still is not available thru Ford, but I got it through the link provided in this thread.  Nothing yet on the Module Build Data.  

This morning  11/17 I am showing Built.....Still no window sticker available from Ford (but is available per link above).  No module data.  

Edited by GoinPlaces
Update

Got a text this morning at 7am from my salesman, one of my 450's was picked up at the railyard, and on a truck headed to dealership. I should have a picture of it by the end of the day. It's about a 4 hour ride by convoy from railyard to dealer. Once they inspect it, and add accessories to it, i'll set up a day and time to go pick it up. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

All the Luxury trims, KR, Plat and Limited have way too many orders compared to capacity. In addition HO diesel is over capacity in the order bank.

Limited’s are being scheduled and built. But early 7/17 orders being done first and other constraint like HO diesel slowing people down. Lariats and below quickly being scheduled thru November. Lariats beginning to get congested by end of November 

Thanks again for your insight. 

2 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Too many factors for anyone to predict; depends on the dealer you choose and their allocation, the trim you want, and the options you select and any part constraints they are under. Choose a dealer that you feel has good communication; they don't control when the truck will be in production but they can see what is happening with orders and guide you. A good resource if you want to learn all the buzzwords and the types of constraints the trucks are frequently under is the youtube channel "Long McArthur". Check the Scheduling Notes videos, they talk mainly about which builds are unlikely to be built due to specific features. 

Between you ClaudeSS there's good information. Thanks

On 11/13/2023 at 5:06 PM, ClaudeSS said:

So learning something. 

My truck only has module data under the BCE.  Not the PCM yet. 

BCE is Body Control Electronics.

PCM is Powertrain Control Module.

Means the body hasn’t been connected to the power train yet. .

You won't ever have data under the PCM modules... Just the BCE with a "G" at the bottom. My 2022 F450 sitting in the driveway still has no PCM data. 

• Like 1