2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

When does everyone think we will start to see scheduling emails, or when our dealers will hear on scheduling?

I know i ordered my 2024 on 7/17, and got the confirmation email from Ford on 7/18. And in their they have their "promise to you" that you would hear from them within 45 days. So i'm thinking that will be around Friday Sept 1. More than likely they will be scheduling on Thursday August 31. And supposedly on 10/2 they are starting production on the 2024. 

So just curious what others are thinking on when we will hear about 2024's being scheduled. 

The 2023 i ordered on 10/27 is finally being built this week. But i've already confirmed with the dealer that i won't be taking it, and will hopefully win the lottery on the 24 being built much sooner. I just can't wrap my head around taking delivery of a 2023 around Sept 1 and the 2024 will be produced a month later. That truck would be a model year old already. Depreciation would hit pretty hard, very fast. 

23 i ordered was a F350 CC Lariat, Ultimate package, DRW, 6.7 HO Black on black. And basically ordered a 24, the same thing, but in a F450. 

9 hours ago, blackduty said:

When does everyone think we will start to see scheduling emails, or when our dealers will hear on scheduling?

I know i ordered my 2024 on 7/17, and got the confirmation email from Ford on 7/18. And in their they have their "promise to you" that you would hear from them within 45 days. So i'm thinking that will be around Friday Sept 1. More than likely they will be scheduling on Thursday August 31. And supposedly on 10/2 they are starting production on the 2024. 

So just curious what others are thinking on when we will hear about 2024's being scheduled. 

The 2023 i ordered on 10/27 is finally being built this week. But i've already confirmed with the dealer that i won't be taking it, and will hopefully win the lottery on the 24 being built much sooner. I just can't wrap my head around taking delivery of a 2023 around Sept 1 and the 2024 will be produced a month later. That truck would be a model year old already. Depreciation would hit pretty hard, very fast. 

23 i ordered was a F350 CC Lariat, Ultimate package, DRW, 6.7 HO Black on black. And basically ordered a 24, the same thing, but in a F450. 

I'll suggest your dealer has all the answers.

By changing from a F-350 to a F-450 you should be aware that F-450 builds have been the most challenging with respect to delays for the past couple of years. Still a great choice, as I am totally satisfied with my F-450 KRU over the previous F-350 DRW Lariat.

I know the feeling. I took delivery of my ‘22 in January on ‘23. It is a F250 platinum. When speaking with the lady at Ford corporate. She said she couldn’t guarantee all platinums would be built in ‘23. So she pushed mine through last minute. It literally went from in production to built and delivered in less than 5 weeks. I didn’t want to wait another year after already waiting a full year for the ‘22 

• 2 weeks later...

F450?

good luck amigo.

I just picked up a 23 KR 450 that a cx backed out on and drove to WY to get it.  Ford didn’t pick up my 2023 order…

chances of my 2024 King Ranch 450 being built are slim to none and slim left town I feel.

if Ford can pull it’s head out of its rear end and build my truck I’ll trade the 2023 slick for the 24.

in this market you won’t see depreciation you are concerned about I feel.  I got more on trade for the 23 450 XLT I just traded than I paid with 7k miles.

Edited by Big_Daddy

I got an email on my 24 F450 to be built week of 10/2. That's a 6.7HO, Lariat, ultimate package, chrome package, max recline seats. Got another email for a 450 i ordered from a different dealer, that truck will be built the week of 10/9. Basically same truck, except no max recline seats.

The one scheduled for 10/2 was a priority code 03, the other was a priority code 19. 

Ordered a 23 F350 on first day, priority code 10... Took until mid July to get scheduled for August. Showed up at dealer on 8/23... Told them i wasn't taking it, and taking my chances on the 450. Smart move since i'm A plan, and wouldn't have been able to trade the 23 for the 24. 

Received this email yesterday. If this is the way it goes, it seems WAAAAAY different than the 2022 I ordered. The 2022 was ordered 2/24/2022, scheduled in late August of the same year, built in September and not shipped until Feb. 2023. 
2024 F450 Lariat Ultimate, Max recline, pro power, bed scales. No bed liner or other accessories. 

Ordered 8/2/2023

Scheduled 9/8/2023

image.png.37e8a743115f5d57843470612840fdfd.png

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 1

After seeing some scheduling starting up for the 2024's, I checked with my dealer to make sure my 2024 F350 Platinum order was still a priority 3 as that is what is on my order summary I signed on July 18th.  Much to my dismay, they have changed it back to a 19.  The answer I got was convoluted at best.  But they state there are constraints and therefore they put it at a 19.  Once the constraints are lifted, they will put it back to a priority 3.  Does this sound accurate?  I thought once they assigned priority 3 to my 2024 order (my 2023 which I never got order was priority 10), it would simply stay at a 3 and certainly not go down.  He also provided this screenshot for my order status.....

Dealer Screenshot of Status.jpg

I believe priority codes only matter in relation to all other orders at the dealer. So it everyone is at P3, it wouldn't be any different than if they were all at P19. Think it would be more about the allocations the dealer has. That's why dealer selection is KEY. 

Edited by jarrsong

• ice-capades changed the title to 2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion
  • ice-capades pinned this topic
1 hour ago, ddb said:

After seeing some scheduling starting up for the 2024's, I checked with my dealer to make sure my 2024 F350 Platinum order was still a priority 3 as that is what is on my order summary I signed on July 18th.  Much to my dismay, they have changed it back to a 19.  The answer I got was convoluted at best.  But they state there are constraints and therefore they put it at a 19.  Once the constraints are lifted, they will put it back to a priority 3.  Does this sound accurate?  I thought once they assigned priority 3 to my 2024 order (my 2023 which I never got order was priority 10), it would simply stay at a 3 and certainly not go down.  He also provided this screenshot for my order status.....

Dealer Screenshot of Status.jpg

There is absolutely no reason or advantage to changing a retail order priority from 03 to 19 because there are commodity or other constraints preventing the order from being scheduled. Doing so just puts your order in the pool with whatever other retail orders are in that dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the default priority code 19. Unless your Dealer is very, very attentive in managing their retail USOB, it's very easy for your order to get overlooked and lost in the process of doing what's best to expedite the scheduling of your order. Most dealerships are terrible at managing their USOB's and will just tell a customer what they think they want to hear or make up an excuse. 

Commodity and plant constraints, plus supply chain issues, change on a daily basis. Ford does everything it can to schedule retail orders, including making exceptions to commodity and/or plant constraints when possible. Your Dealer has access to updated commodity constraints information but, if they're waiting to see all constraints removed from your order, the order will get scheduled later rather than sooner. By the time they think your order might get scheduled and change the priority code back to 03, they'll have missed the opportunity.

This is the short version.      

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

1 hour ago, jarrsong said:

I believe priority codes only matter in relation to all other orders at the dealer. So it everyone is at P3, it wouldn't be any different than if they were all at P19. Think it would be more about the allocations the dealer has. That's why dealer selection is KEY. 

Yes, each Dealers USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is exclusive to that dealership, including priority codes. The problem is that the majority of dealerships submit all retail orders using priority code 19 which is the default. Doing so means that all orders are treated equally for scheduling. As such, the scheduling system will schedule the order(s) with the fewest commodity constraints regardless of other factors, often including the original order date.

Unless Ford has a policy in place generating incremental retail allocation for that model, scheduling is done only when the Dealer has regular allocation available for that week's scheduling. The Dealer knows exactly what weeks they have scheduling allocation available as part of the allocation reports generated after the wholesale allocation agreement is completed.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

There is absolutely no reason or advantage to changing a retail order priority from 03 to 19 because there are commodity or other constraints preventing the order from being scheduled. Doing so just puts your order in the pool with whatever other retail orders are in that dealership's USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the default priority code 19. Unless your Dealer is very, very attentive in managing their retail USOB, it's very easy for your order to get overlooked and lost in the process of doing what's best to expedite the scheduling of your order. Most dealerships are terrible at managing their USOB's and will just tell a customer what they think they want to hear or make up an excuse. 

Commodity and plant constraints, plus supply chain issues, change on a daily basis. Ford does everything it can to schedule retail orders, including making exceptions to commodity and/or plant constraints when possible. Your Dealer has access to updated commodity constraints information but, if they're waiting to see all constraints removed from your order, the order will get scheduled later rather than sooner. By the time they think your order might get scheduled and change the priority code back to 03, they'll have missed the opportunity.

This is the short version.      

Thanks ice-capades.  That's what I had assumed was the case.  Coincidentally, after I posted this earlier, I had a call from the GM of the dealership a short bit ago.  Seems the salesman didn't relay the info to me correctly and he wanted to clarify as I had voiced my complaints quite loudly of being bumped down to a 19.  He said that they had just had a call with Ford yesterday and there has been a lot of problems with the new priority code assignments down to a 3.  Since I was at a 3, apparently they found out that the system didn't exactly know how to handle a 3 and therefore would not get scheduled.  So they temporarily moved mine to a 19 and that "flagged the order in the system".  He has pushed me back down to a priority of 10 and he said he is staying on top of this and assures me he is communicating constantly with the regional rep, etc.  And he assures me I am at the "front of the line".  In other words, it sounds to me that they are trying to manage their USOB very attentively.  At least that's the impression I got.  But while I appreciated the call from the GM and the explanation, I still have that question mark in my mind about the whole priority code assignment.  We will see what happens but at least the dealership sounds like they are trying to stay on top of the USOB as well as giving priority to those of us that ordered back in 2022 or earlier.

Edited by ddb

45 minutes ago, ddb said:

Thanks ice-capades.  That's what I had assumed was the case.  Coincidentally, after I posted this earlier, I had a call from the GM of the dealership a short bit ago.  Seems the salesman didn't relay the info to me correctly and he wanted to clarify as I had voiced my complaints quite loudly of being bumped down to a 19.  He said that they had just had a call with Ford yesterday and there has been a lot of problems with the new priority code assignments down to a 3.  Since I was at a 3, apparently they found out that the system didn't exactly know how to handle a 3 and therefore would not get scheduled.  So they temporarily moved mine to a 19 and that "flagged the order in the system".  He has pushed me back down to a priority of 10 and he said he is staying on top of this and assures me he is communicating constantly with the regional rep, etc.  And he assures me I am at the "front of the line".  In other words, it sounds to me that they are trying to manage their USOB very attentively.  At least that's the impression I got.  But while I appreciated the call from the GM and the explanation, I still have that question mark in my mind about the whole priority code assignment.  We will see what happens but at least the dealership sounds like they are trying to stay on top of the USOB as well as giving priority to those of us that ordered back in 2022 or earlier.

Thanks for the update although I still have my doubts. My first thought is to suggest that you deal directly with the GM and not rely on a sales representative to relay information regarding your order status. Few sales representatives have the experience or knowledge about the retail order scheduling process or have access to the related resources available. Changing a retail order priority code to "19" isn't going to "flag" anything in the system. As such, I think they're using smoke and mirrors as an excuse to tell you what they think you want to hear and give you and excuse you'll buy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAGDIESEL said:

The emails that were sent out for scheduling yesterday, were those just for the first 2 weeks of October? Also Ford only schedules on Thursdays correct ?

E-mail scheduling notices should only apply to the applicable, current scheduling week. Regular scheduling is usually done on Thursday mornings. Some scheduling may be delayed until Thursday afternoon or Friday, but Ford posts notices related to scheduling delays. 

• Like 1