2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

First reaction.

I know Azure Gray may not have been popular, but I was really looking forward to that color. 
So, with my 23’ order being kicked and scheduled as a 24’, I reordered the mystery color that I thought may be similar. Glacier Gray looks very gray, and not what I was looking for. 
Since the only sample I’ve seen is the computer generation, I guess I’ll wait to see it in the flesh before deciding. 

IMG_3235.jpeg

On 9/16/2023 at 2:05 AM, Mylriahd said:

I'd love to see this in person, but I put in my '24 order for Glacier Gray. That looks closer to what I thought Azure Gray was going to be, but that turned out to be too much light blue or cyan? Whatever it was, I wanted something lower key. This looks like it might be that. 

Color is always a personal opinion, but being more intense is why I liked Azure. I am very disappointed in the Glacier, joining the continuing underwhelming history of super duty color choices. 
I do understand that the computer generated azure color was nothing like the actual product, so I hold out hope. It may end up being something very different than the same old retread colors. 

Edited by George C

18 hours ago, Timrf79 said:

I was told by my dealer that no trim above Lariat can be ordered for SuperDuty?

Does that sound right?

How would someone get a King Ranch, Platinum or Premium?

I ordered a 24 KR but it doesn’t have a build date.  Just typical ford doing ford stuff.  Imagine that 

I’m glad I scored my 23 F450 KR that I had to drive 3/4 of the way across the country to get.

• Like 1

Gee I only have to spend $5075 (Lariat Ultimate Pkg) to get a bunch of stuff I really don't want to get the Trailer Tow Package it seems.

Been waiting to see the order site for the 2024's before I place an order and now I might rethink it.

I sometimes backup in my 400 ft driveway and its nice to use on my F150. 

24 minutes ago, Sledz said:

Gee I only have to spend $5075 (Lariat Ultimate Pkg) to get a bunch of stuff I really don't want to get the Trailer Tow Package it seems.

Been waiting to see the order site for the 2024's before I place an order and now I might rethink it.

I sometimes backup in my 400 ft driveway and its nice to use on my F150. 

Trailer tow is standard on Lariat.  Are you talking about backup and hitch assist?

It was standard last year but I read it's now an option with the Ultimate pkg. Here is the excerpt:

Feature Availability: The 2024 Super Duty offers a range of new features across different trim levels. Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch, previously exclusive to higher trims, can now be added as an option on the XL and XLT models. The Tow Technology Package is no longer a standalone package but has been integrated into various trims. Notably, the Lariat Ultimate, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims come equipped with Pro Trailer Backup Assist, Trailer Reverse Guidance, and Pro Trailer Hitch Assist. The XLT Premium, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims now include Connected Navigation with one year of connected services.

I like it because I could "dial" the backup straight and just give it gas with no worries on my long driveway and some boat ramps, otherwise I do it the old fashioned way!

35 minutes ago, Sledz said:

It was standard last year but I read it's now an option with the Ultimate pkg. Here is the excerpt:

Feature Availability: The 2024 Super Duty offers a range of new features across different trim levels. Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch, previously exclusive to higher trims, can now be added as an option on the XL and XLT models. The Tow Technology Package is no longer a standalone package but has been integrated into various trims. Notably, the Lariat Ultimate, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims come equipped with Pro Trailer Backup Assist, Trailer Reverse Guidance, and Pro Trailer Hitch Assist. The XLT Premium, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims now include Connected Navigation with one year of connected services.

I like it because I could "dial" the backup straight and just give it gas with no worries on my long driveway and some boat ramps, otherwise I do it the old fashioned way!

So you are talking about the assist items and yes those are only available with the lariat ultimate package.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:42 PM, Firedog99t said:

Well  the 2022 was not built too. So lets think about this...You go to the dealership order a new truck thinking 90 to 180 days for build out. Under standing  the issues at the time. Now closing in on two years later have no more info than in 2021. Wow,,, Ford  you can not keep us better informed. Yes we get the sucko letter  around 45 days. Not the hourly guys , but the leader ship need to step it up. And all want to know why the over sees guys eat our lunch good example. Vent. 

Listen, I hope Ford is telling the truth on these 2024 builds coming in October. But what has changed? Not much from what I see. I saw the writing on the wall when my 450 didn't get built for almost 10 months and ordered a Chevy on July 15. It is built and ready to pick up if I want it. My Ford rep keeps telling me about computer chips. I have to believe gm has just as many chips as Ford has. I'm curious to see the sales numbers this year. GM sold a boat load of trucks this year

Been moved one week out. Long MCarthur said this week that there is exhausted availability on the standard F450 wheels. This means NONE. So makes me wonder if those that were schedules are the trucks that exhausted them or they are just screwing with up and these trucks aren't going to be built at all in October. YouTube link below goes straight to 2024 SuperDuty ordering information. 

image.png.043605787fd7314d72c293a8c7f28630.png

Edited by jarrsong

I found ONE F-350 DRW KingRanch, the delaer wnated to have a $23k over MSRP.

One dealer said no King Ranch 350 can be ordered until maybe 2025 or longer.

So to make things simple, I walked on the GMC lot and drove off with a 1ton truck a few hours later...

Makes you wonder what is goign on at Ford.

• Angry 1

6 hours ago, Timrf79 said:

I found ONE F-350 DRW KingRanch, the delaer wnated to have a $23k over MSRP.

One dealer said no King Ranch 350 can be ordered until maybe 2025 or longer.

So to make things simple, I walked on the GMC lot and drove off with a 1ton truck a few hours later...

Makes you wonder what is goign on at Ford.

…and you fell for that BS?

18 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Well, I just got the Ford “we are completely incompetent and we have no clue what we are doing” email on my 24 450 KR order.

not surprised ?

it’s truly laughable now.  Anyone carrying Ford’s water these days is blind or a fool.

So what did the e-mail say?

21 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Well, I just got the Ford “we are completely incompetent and we have no clue what we are doing” email on my 24 450 KR order.

not surprised ?

it’s truly laughable4 now.  Anyone carrying Ford’s water these days is blind or a fool.

So what is your point, except to vent?

Obviously, Ford makes money selling trucks, and loses money by not selling. Obviously they are having supply issues from their outsource producers.

If you can’t wait, buy something else, but bitching and throwing mud does nothing for you.

My 23 Limited was cancelled and my 24 is scheduled in three weeks. First world problems.

If it’s delayed, so what. Nothing I can do but remain patient. 
‘No GM of Ram for me. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1